DAFC.net
Home 09 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 For those travelling 2moro.
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 10 Jan 07:40

I would keep the radio on, the forecast is for at least an inch of rain to sweep across the country. Whilst Morton have a good pitch, that amount would put paid to the majority of games.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: For those travelling 2moro.
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 08:29

I hope the game is on as I believe we have a better chance of ending our losing streak away from home as our opponents are less likely to be able to sit in and frustrate us, as their fans will expect them to play on the front foot, which could work in our favour.

Eta - Am I clutching at straws here?.....

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 08:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 08:51

We've won 2 of our last 13 away league games.Morton are far stronger at home than away(only Dundee Utd and ICT have won more at home despite Morton playing the fewest home games in the league) and I think we've won there once in our last 7 attempts? Poor weather may turn the game into a physical battle where we've been found wanting. Interesting to see our team-will Thomas go straight in?-if so won't have spent much time with his team-mates.

Apart from that I'm confident :)

Records are there to be broken so here's hoping for the 3 points

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 08:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 08:51

GG Riva wrote:

> I hope the game is on as I believe we have a better chance of
> ending our losing streak away from home as our opponents are
> less likely to be able to sit in and frustrate us, as their
> fans will expect them to play on the front foot, which could
> work in our favour.
>
> Eta - Am I clutching at straws here?.....
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 08:30)

I’d be concerned given they had a game called off mid-December for a waterlogged pitch, just hope if it’s off it’s an early shout to prevent needless travel in bad weather.
I’m not sure if I want it on, wouldn’t think a heavy park would suit our style of play, might give us time to get another body in too. Agree that teams have to come out more when we’re away but our league record doesn’t suggest we handle it too well.

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 08:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 09:05

I'm just a few miles up the road from greenock and it wild through here. Wind and rain been heavy through the night and still going strong. Would be surprised if its on tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 09:14

Ton pals saying the same PA. Very heavy rainfall and strong winds last night and today, not looking to ease up anytime soon.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 09:49

From Hamilton the weather is atrocious.. The wind is really strong... Wouldn't like to see greenock especially where ground is situated hopefully off on safety grounds at least
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 09:51

Think it would benefit us if this isn't on to be honest.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 09:53

Deleted

The flame still burns

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 09:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:15

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 11 Jan 08:51

We've won 2 of our last 13 away league games.Morton are far stronger at home than away(only Dundee Utd and ICT have won more at home despite Morton playing the fewest home games in the league) and I think we've won there once in our last 7 attempts? Poor weather may turn the game into a physical battle where we've been found wanting. Interesting to see our team-will Thomas go straight in?-if so won't have spent much time with his team-mates.

We came pretty damn close to beating them there last time out, so why not this time?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:27

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 11 Jan 10:15

Quote:

We came pretty damn close to beating them there last time out, so why not this time?

They have been playing better recently, we have been getting worse over the last few weeks and I see no reason our performance getting much better and then suddenly becoming pihs at home

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 10:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:29

Greenock Morton SLO says no pitch inspection planned and game is still on (5 mins ago on Twitter).

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:36

"Greenock Morton SLO says no pitch inspection planned and game is still on ...."

Let's hope the match officials agree with that assessment !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:41

The rain is still falling in Greenock but the wind has eased, according to friends who live there.

I’m as surprised as you are VEE. They’ve had some amount of rainfall overnight.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:46

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sat 11 Jan 10:27

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 11 Jan 10:15

Quote:

They have been playing better recently, we have been getting worse over the last few weeks and I see no reason our performance getting much better and then suddenly becoming pihs at home

I hope the players and management adopt a more positive mindset than you, SHP. 🙂

Football is notoriously unpredictable, as people who like to bet on games will tell you. Besides, I was pointing out that, at home, we've struggled to score against teams who sit in and frustrate us and then invariably score on the counter due to the fragility of our defence.

Today, the boot might be on the other foot. If the players think they'll lose - they will!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 10:54

In the games I've been to it's not being hit on the counter that's been the problem it's defending set pieces and cross balls into the box.Probably be decided by a goal either way.On the plus side Morton have lost their last 2 home games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 11:08

I wonder what the reason could be for every cross into the Pars box being a worry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 11:15

Clutching at straws here Sliema perhaps it’s a goalkeeping issue Just a thought

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 11:23

Lee Robinson had some 'issues' when playing in goals for the Pars at Greenock as I recall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 11:55

The bookies seem to fancy us today which is always a good sign.....

If they score first it’s likely game over for is and if we score first we’ll likely get a point after they get a late equaliser looking at previous games over the last couple of years.

The ball will be in the air more today I fancy and we tend to win very little in the air.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 12:28

I thought it might be a lot of wind?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 12:45

"I’m as surprised as you are VEE. They’ve had some amount of rainfall overnight."

Buffy, the SFA/SPFL presumably have weather related guidelines which should automatically trigger a pitch inspection at an appropriate time of the day in these conditions ?

Supporters, especially the travelling variety, should be a priority consideration IMO.

I'm cynical of course on clubs' attitude to the paying customer.

Update - waterlogged pitches at Dundee and Inverness. Alloa's artifical surface is presumably "playable" in these conditions - makes you wonder why Greenock and Maryhill locations have avoided the deluge ?

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 12:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 13:00

It’s been more wind than rain thru the night in the west.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 13:25

VEE there’s a pitch inspection taking place at Alloa..... on their all-weather pitch. It’s absolutely sodden according to onlookers.

Dumbarton match is off for the same reasons as the others you mentioned.

I remember going to Dingwall - twice - only to see the team bus pass our bus on the way out the town just as we arrived....

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 13:29

Well it should be a shoot on sight day today, something we have been awfully reluctant to do recently. So c'mon Pars if you don't shoot you don't score and the very wet surface should help.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 13:30

Update: Alloa V Arbroath match off

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net