DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 how long must this go on
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 16:56

As the title says.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: how long must this go on
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 16:57

Its gone on 1 year too long
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 16:58

As long as it takes for the board to find their balls
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  

They think it's all over.

IT IS NOW!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  

Crawford has the job as long as he wants it, that’s straight from the board via a very reliable source
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:01

Feck sources...
feck it all.....
If that's the way a director runs his company he's not fit for purpose
.. If that's true he can get his jacket anaw
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:03

If they don’t announced his sacking tonight, there is going to be some amount of backlash from the fans. The fans have clearly had enough.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:04

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 11 Jan 16:58

Crawford has the job as long as he wants it, that’s straight from the board via a very reliable source

They are hardly going to say anything else in public.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:05

Oh but are we as fans allowed to backlash after the telling off we get.... I will happily pay for the demise of Crawford and his team of misfits..... Can not believe we are at this stage again... Almost a year to the day AJ and his mob went
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:15

Gates are down 18%.

From a club challenging for the Premiership play offs a year ago and just after a superb 2-4 win at Falkirk ,to a club peering over the abyss and our fans voting with their feet.

Thanks Stevie.

Do the honourable thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:19

Challenging for promotion play offs a year ago? Were you watching a different Dunfermline?

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:20

The Crawford reign is the first time in ages I’ve had no interest in attending games. If I didn’t have a season ticket, I wouldn’t even be at home games. Genuinely couldn’t tell you when I was last this disinterested in going to our games.

Crawford has to go. There is enough talent in the squad and he isn’t getting performances out of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:22

The honourable thing is long past its sell by date, this bright new dawn has gone down the tubes disastrously

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:24

par-91 nails it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:35

Quote:

par-91, Sat 11 Jan 17:20

The Crawford reign is the first time in ages I’ve had no interest in attending games. If I didn’t have a season ticket, I wouldn’t even be at home games. Genuinely couldn’t tell you when I was last this disinterested in going to our games.

Crawford has to go. There is enough talent in the squad and he isn’t getting performances out of them.

My thoughts exactly.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:40

LesliePar :after Dunfermline won at Falkirk 2-4 we were 3 points behind the Premiership Play Off Position.

Tonight we are 3 points above the Relegation play off position,rather like the humiliating position we were in after Stevie's first Season in charge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:43

Yes and teams under us have games in hand... Oh dear
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:43

If anyone thinks there will be any changes when the chairman has allowed the manager to get in 2 new loans and increase contracts of another 2 in the last week is deluding themselves, that's not the sign of a manager sacking pending.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:49

If that’s the case then it’s time to prepare for a relegation scrap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 17:59

dafc: You may be correct.

He may still be there at the next Home game.

How many of the supporters will be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:28

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sat 11 Jan 17:49

If that’s the case then it’s time to prepare for a relegation scrap.

I think we can safely say we are already in a relegation scrap. There is nothing between the teams from 4th down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:32

PARrot according to you and the other happy clappers we are good enough for 4th? We are hopeless and we’ll go down with Crawford at the helm
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:37

No need for that Parsfan97. There are always going to be optimistic football fans but there’s no need to ridicule them with the very childish “happy clappers” description.

I think you’ll find the majority of pars fans - certainly on this thread and others - are extremely disappointed with the current run of losses and want change.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:40

As I've already said on other posts I don't go to many away games and as such wasn't there today, how did the fans react at the end of the game?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:43

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sat 11 Jan 17:59

dafc: You may be correct.

He may still be there at the next Home game.

How many of the supporters will be?

Around 4500-5000 probably
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:47

Pathetic post DJ.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:47

As bad as this sounds, the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing Gabby McGill starting today. Of all the guff we've had over the years, he's the one that takes the crown of worst player I have seen in a pars jersey in quite a number of years.

Any manager who seriously considers him in a match day squad are completely out their depth. Headless chicken.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 18:58

It has to end now unfortunately.

Going down the youth route is turning out to be an appalling decision and that lies with the board, finances may have played a main factor but the calibre of Scottish football is rank so deciding to sign up folk from lower divisions, reserves was never going to work, there isn’t as big a talent pool as other leagues such as England, and we dipped into that market and picked Coley and McGill....jeezy peeps.

That being said, we have experienced pro’s who don’t deserve to wear the shirt at the moment, Devine, Ashcroft have been murder, Scully...what’s seriously happened to him, he was great first time round, total flop.

Craw to his credit has brought in some decent players, Nisbet, Kiltie, Murray. Why he’s not starting Lang is beyond me, we just leaked three goals against Alloa and Morton, bloody change it man.

Such a shame as with Nisbet, Dow and Kiltie at the time, we had arguably one of the strongest set up front and we’ve wasted it by being rotten at the back and in centre midfield.

We’ll lose Nisbet sooner or later it’s just a shame we’re using him to try stay up than compete for promotion playoffs which we’re never getting into.

He’s insistent on bringing in young players on loan who are known to be unfit and injured, the two Hearts boys an example.

First signing of the transfer window, Ethan Ross, an 18yo? Prospect, more than likely, but we need better than that, plain and simple.

It’s been a car crash of a season so far, bar couple of games the football has been rotten to watch and I’m sad to say I’ve left early more times than I can count this season.

It won’t be long until fans stop going all together unless something changes, and that change has to be now.

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jan 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:17

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 11 Jan 18:32

PARrot according to you and the other happy clappers we are good enough for 4th? We are hopeless and we’ll go down with Crawford at the helm

According to me? Where?
I made it quite clear that I don't think Craw will take us up. He may still get 4th but I wouldn't put money on it.

We had expectations at the start of the season which are actually being met with the only manager we could afford at the time.

Im not going to debate the quality of football or tactics but this was always going to be a squeeky bum season. No point getting in a tizzy when what we expected to happen seems to be happening.

Far from a happy clapper this season but it is what it is.
The board will make any appropriate decisions when it becomes affordable, or when the risk of making another appointment with money we dont have, is less than the risk of somehow finding that money, using it and still getting relegated.

It isn't a simple decision but I trust our board to get the timing right before a shower of passionate ranters.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:53

Right now I wouldn’t trust the board to run a bath. Dreadful decision to offer AJ a 2 year deal then to punt him and replace with the totally clueless Stevie Crawford. The MacNamara nonsense hasn’t helped either. Super agent football consultant . What a lot of fecking garbage. They have been duped by that particular charlatan. You just know that if they punt Stevie it’ll be Greg Shields that gets the gig. Epic Failure .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:59

I am still struggling as to why Jackie M is getting such a slagging? We started the season with a total clear out. We have signed some good players and have the nucleus of a good squad - Comrie, Lewis, Murray, Dow, Nisbet.

It’s a fine line between relegation and promotion. I think we have a good enough squad to get in top 4, although Kiltie needs replaced. However our current Management team will get us relegated I am sure of that!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net