DAFC.net
Home 24 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reality......
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:19

Crawford & Co will be here till the end of the season.

IMO we will be relegated. The team & management are just not good enough to stay up. We are playing against teams that are far more organised, confident & are up for the fight than we are. We capitulate in games far to easily.

I've watched the Pars get relegated many times & this lot have relegation written all over them.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reality......
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:34

Crawford stays..we go down.
There is absolutely nothing about the management set up that instills any confidence or inspires the hope things will change.
If the board is really that locked into Crawford then we are in a pretty grim patch.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:43

If the BOD have got us into a position where we cannot afford to get rid of Crawford then that is poor management by the BOD. He should have been on a month or 3 month rolling contract at the most.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:43

Let's hope we survive the drop. Massive financial hit going down with a chairman and a board that don't have a pot to p*** in. Ross Mcarthur needs to step down as chairman....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 19:48

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 11 Jan 19:43

Let's hope we survive the drop. Massive financial hit going down with a chairman and a board that don't have a pot to p*** in. Ross Mcarthur needs to step down as chairman....

You really have no clue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:04

The board have made a massive mistake but it’s ultimately down to the manager that put his vision forward and it’s not worked.
Ross is a true pats fan and I’m sure that Macnamara has a lot to do with it.
If our current board go then there will be no club as who is going to come in and take over?
The players and management are the ones who either get a grip and play/fight for everything till the end of the season and maybe we could make the play offs but SC and the staff have to show a bit off passion on and off the pitch.
SC’s interview will be the same errrrrrm.....errrrm nonesense like usual.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:13

Bannockburn par you are right imo

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 11 Jan 19:48

Quote:

You really have no clue.

It's noticeable Rasta, that while you use every opportunity to voice your displeasure about Stevie Crawford due to the personal issue you have with him, you don't really have anything bad to say about Ross McArthur, who put Stevie in this position. The board have never made a good decision on the team manager position since he took the helm
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:20

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 11 Jan 20:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 11 Jan 19:48

Quote:

You really have no clue.

It's noticeable Rasta, that while you use every opportunity to voice your displeasure about Stevie Crawford due to the personal issue you have with him, you don't really have anything bad to say about Ross McArthur, who put Stevie in this position. The board have never made a good decision on the team manager position since he took the helm

And you are not the first to point it out...and I've given an answer...every single time.
I'm in the "happy to have a club...pi55ed off at having a bad manager" brigade.
I can break in down further if you require?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:28

Yet Rasta continues to call out managers, whether it’s Johnston, potter, Crawford however the person who put them all in position is untouchable and exempt from criticism.
It is becoming clear if all these managers aren’t good enough then the blame lies with the chairman, is he capable of choosing a manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 20:35

reality is that ross listens to people around him who think they know best
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 21:04

Quote:

dafc, Sat 11 Jan 20:28

Yet Rasta continues to call out managers, whether it’s Johnston, potter, Crawford however the person who put them all in position is untouchable and exempt from criticism.
It is becoming clear if all these managers aren’t good enough then the blame lies with the chairman, is he capable of choosing a manager.

Why should I not call out bad management?
Hardly unique?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 22:18

But but but we are 4 points off the playoffs....where is wee eck and da no 1?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 22:24

Exactly come on wee Eck and da no1.... let’s hear what you have to say!
Still on the way forward?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 23:12

[Post Deleted] - Deliberately provoking fellow DAFC.net poster(s)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JohnnyW  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 23:13

Agree 100% angus we’re down with this guy in charge

------------------------------------------------------------
Best tweet ever:

Post Edited (Sun 12 Jan 09:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 11 Jan 23:24

Rasta,

Is the chairman exempt from this ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 09:13

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 11 Jan 23:24

Rasta,

Is the chairman exempt from this ?

You're all over me....except the numerous times I've stated my position clearly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 09:49

Quote:

Spot on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:38

Even on a sat night it took you less than an hour da no 1! And as expected you had nothing to say...

Guess you’ll be buzzing we’re only a win and a draw from being 4th? Been a great season for you!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:59

"You're all over me....except the numerous times I've stated my position clearly."

That's as may be - however, with respect, your position has become untenable.

On one hand you are vociferous in condemnation of the current manager, on the other the chairman (and presumably the board) appear above criticism for said appointment.

Seems like a contradictory attitude to me.

Post Edited (Sun 12 Jan 11:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 11:09

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 12 Jan 10:38

Even on a sat night it took you less than an hour da no 1! And as expected you had nothing to say...

Guess you’ll be buzzing we’re only a win and a draw from being 4th? Been a great season for you!

It's always hazardous trying to interpret people's posts, especially when you don't know them, but it seems to me Berkey, that you're getting some perverse enjoyment from the Pars poor run, because it gives you a stick to beat da.no. 1 with?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

One thing I can guarantee is that this poor run will come to an end, just as good runs do. Football has a funny habit of doing that. Teams go on a good run, it ends and then they have a run of games when they can't buy a win. Teams who grind out results when they're not playing well usually win titles and trophies.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 11:30

GG refer to my post from last night.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 11:57

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 12 Jan 10:59

"You're all over me....except the numerous times I've stated my position clearly."

That's as may be - however, with respect, your position has become untenable.

On one hand you are vociferous in condemnation of the current manager, on the other the chairman (and presumably the board) appear above criticism for said appointment.

Seems like a contradictory attitude to me.

It really isn't.
My position untenable😂😂😂
I don't have a team yo run or any "position".

Post Edited (Sun 12 Jan 11:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:13

Let's just say the chairman has made an error of judgement in selecting SC as manager.

The then board gave Calderwood the benefit of the doubt when the team went 7 consecutive games winless back in the day, then came good.

Will the present directorate have the same confidence in their manager ?

We'll know soon enough I suspect.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:33

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 12 Jan 13:13

Let's just say the chairman has made an error of judgement in selecting SC as manager.

The then board gave Calderwood the benefit of the doubt when the team went 7 consecutive games winless back in the day, then came good.

Will the present directorate have the same confidence in their manager ?

We'll know soon enough I suspect.

Not only were they winless, VEE, they were defeats. Not really comparable situations though. We were in the top flight and we had brought in players from the likes of Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs and we weren't exactly paying them peanuts.

We also know how that story ended....... ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:17

It wasn’t always the car but now he follows me around taking shots instead of arguing a point. At this rate we’re the form horse to finish in the bottom 2.

Yes GG this run will come to an end as we might get lucky and beat a team who are also out of form and in crises in or off the park but then we’re never far away from the wheels coming off again.

In crawfords year in charge we’ve had a 5 game winning run and a similar run this season and in all the other games (c26) have been dross with league 1 bound form.

If this current run continues we could be moving into a position where we’ll need another good run just to avoid the playoffs. I think it’s more likely we’ll continue to ship points and sink under crawford then have another 5 game run to turn the ship around and even if we do finish 6-8th will we have seen enough improvement in management from crawford to suggest next season won’t be more dross!

It’s incomprehensible to continue with crawford knowing we’ll only stay in this league next year if we have a couple of decent runs in amongst a boatload of defeats.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:22

So the chairman steps down and we are left with who to run the club? The braisbys? Thanks but no thanks

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:39

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 12 Jan 14:17

It wasn’t always the car but now he follows me around taking shots instead of arguing a point. At this rate we’re the form horse to finish in the bottom 2.

Yes GG this run will come to an end as we might get lucky and beat a team who are also out of form and in crises in or off the park but then we’re never far away from the wheels coming off again.

In crawfords year in charge we’ve had a 5 game winning run and a similar run this season and in all the other games (c26) have been dross with league 1 bound form.

If this current run continues we could be moving into a position where we’ll need another good run just to avoid the playoffs. I think it’s more likely we’ll continue to ship points and sink under crawford then have another 5 game run to turn the ship around and even if we do finish 6-8th will we have seen enough improvement in management from crawford to suggest next season won’t be more dross!

It’s incomprehensible to continue with crawford knowing we’ll only stay in this league next year if we have a couple of decent runs in amongst a boatload of defeats.

We're all Pars fans but invariably we see things differently. I suspect that da.no. 1 sees you as exceedingly negative, whereas he is naturally more optimistic. I'm probably more in his camp than yours, but that doesn't mean we're right and you're wrong, of course. Some club chairmen are like you and get nervous when their club embarks on a poor run and end up firing the coach. Sometimes it's the right thing to do and sometimes it isn't....

It's not always easy to know when to stick and when to twist. Look at Southampton. In the chairman's place, I'd have sacked the manager after that horrendous performance v Leicester at home. If you're honest, you probably would have, too.

In the Pars case, there are probably many factors we aren't privy to, which gave to be considered before any decision is taken. A year ago, many fans were screaming for AJ 's sacking. I said on here that there was no guarantee that his replacement would fare any better, whoever he might be. Eventually the BoD bowed to fan pressure. The rest, as they say, is history.

We could end up watching the same film again and expecting a different ending.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:06

"Not only were they winless, VEE, they were defeats."

Thanks - I wasn't sure if they had managed a draw during that winless streak.

As you say, we were in the top tier - therefore the opposition were better than the recent 5 zero points encounters.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:37

Fair enough GG!

Timing is everything, If this was November i would be saying give crawford to the end of the year to turn it around and if he couldn't the new man won’t have the window to try and do some wheeling and dealing.

we’re now in a position where if we loose the next 2 games it will be too late to change the personnel on the park. We will likely have dropped to at least 8th given other teams will be playing each other and can’t all drop points, most have a game in hand too. How long do we leave it is relegation a necessary step In stevie’s career progression?

Maybe the board should come out and confirm he will be the manger next season regardless of what happens and see if that helps those players who just are not playing for him.

Watching the highlights of the game, it’s was very clear at their 3rd goal that the players were just going through the motion with no fight left in them That looks like crawford has lost the dressing room. Thar team selection will have pee’d off at least 3 midfielders who were benched too.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: