DAFC.net
Home 03 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 managers post match comments
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:04

All so repetitive we were good for the first half hour ,I thought a game lasted 90 mins .We have a young team we have to learn how to defend practicing on the training pitch. Same week in week out it's going to be late and we will be down at the bottom.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: managers post match comments
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:13

Same boring, repetitive , uninspiring nonsense, makes AJ's post match spouting seem positively varied.
Nothing at all in Crawford's interviews to suggest he could lift a fag paper let alone a demoralised team.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsparspars  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:25

Interesting where he was talking about the belief in the team to win and if that goes then....... and that’s where he prematurely ended and switched topic. My impression was that it was going to be along the concept of dead men walking once the belief goes but think he realised he could have hung himself as it’s pretty clear the vast majority of fans have lost any shred of belief in his ability to be a successful manager here and of course he knows he’s lost the fans. Surely only a matter of time now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:27

We’re usually half decent for the first 30 minutes then our captains legs have gone so he retreats and we lose the midfield and we lose the game.

Rinse and repeat as required.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:34

I've gave up listening to his excuses. Makes the losing feeling even worse
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 10:49

Ref Rastapari
Date: Sun 12 Jan 10:13

<<<Same boring, repetitive , uninspiring nonsense, makes AJ's post match spouting seem positively varied.
Nothing at all in Crawford's interviews to suggest he could lift a fag paper let alone a demoralised team.>>>

But aren't the problems clear then? Stevie is excellent in some areas of the job and not so good in others. Does that mean he should be dumped? Managing DAFC is a big job, there's a lot more to it than on the field issues. I think he's better than AJ at getting players. And at least, unlike AJ, there's more to his post-match comments than "We have to take our chances and you can see the quality we've got." Is there a way that he could improve on the things he's not so good at, i.e. team matters and getting results? We had a similar situation with AJ - excellent at many things but not so good at on-field matters.

Try and move on Rasta. Think of Crawford as a person who is struggling in a difficult job. That's more like the reality than your little soundbyte jibes.

By your own admission you've had problems. Try and move on. Show a bit more insight and appreciation of others' problems.

You might not believe it but you can be a bit boring and repetitve yourself at times. Not always. You're not a dead loss and neither is SC!

Post Edited (Sun 12 Jan 10:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:28

SC's comment about playing Murray in the middle to give a bit of strength in the middle of the park is a bit of an indictment on the three midfielders, Thomson, Beadling and Turner on the bench. One of the ones for the Board to sort out in January.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:42

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sun 12 Jan 10:49

Ref Rastapari
Date: Sun 12 Jan 10:13

<<<Same boring, repetitive , uninspiring nonsense, makes AJ's post match spouting seem positively varied.
Nothing at all in Crawford's interviews to suggest he could lift a fag paper let alone a demoralised team.>>>

But aren't the problems clear then? Stevie is excellent in some areas of the job and not so good in others. Does that mean he should be dumped? Managing DAFC is a big job, there's a lot more to it than on the field issues. I think he's better than AJ at getting players. And at least, unlike AJ, there's more to his post-match comments than "We have to take our chances and you can see the quality we've got." Is there a way that he could improve on the things he's not so good at, i.e. team matters and getting results? We had a similar situation with AJ - excellent at many things but not so good at on-field matters.

Try and move on Rasta. Think of Crawford as a person who is struggling in a difficult job. That's more like the reality than your little soundbyte jibes.

By your own admission you've had problems. Try and move on. Show a bit more insight and appreciation of others' problems.

You might not believe it but you can be a bit boring and repetitve yourself at times. Not always. You're not a dead loss and neither is SC!

Unfortunately it's not acceptable to be good at some parts of football management and crap at others. It's a results driven business. Stevie will be away in the morning. I've never wanted a pars manager to succeed as much, but it wasn't to be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:49

A bit confusing when he mentioned the losses at Cappielow, Stranraer and Arbroath saying we're trying to improve. Dunfermline shouldn't have to improve to go to any of those places and pick up points.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net