DAFC.net
Home 24 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Weak links
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 12:23

The only way Stevie still has a chance is if he takes a big gulp and realises he needs to take Scully, Ashcroft and Paton out the team.
They need replaced quick smart. That's nearly the whole spine of the team but they are the problem. Scully, no confidence but also poor in fundamentals. The other 2 are just so slow the games pass them by. But will he do it, does he see it ? I fear the answer is no.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weak links
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 12:28

I don't rate Devine at all, but he gets the blame for a lot of the stuff Ashcroft causes. About time Ashcroft was called out a bit more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 12:50

Ashcroft has struggled but has been better this season, devine always seems to struggle as so slow. Ashcroft and Murray might work tho as Murray is a good talker and organiser.

Paton needs to come out tho. But dropping your captain would require Crawford to admit he got it wrong in making him the captain and most likely in signing him from last seasons worst team.

If we need to shut up shop in the last 30 then by all means bring paton on but we’re losing the midfield and he’s back hiding next to Ashcroft after 25 minutes in every single game.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 12:55

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sun 12 Jan 12:23

The only way Stevie still has a chance is if he takes a big gulp and realises he needs to take Scully, Ashcroft and Paton out the team.
They need replaced quick smart. That's nearly the whole spine of the team but they are the problem. Scully, no confidence but also poor in fundamentals. The other 2 are just so slow the games pass them by. But will he do it, does he see it ? I fear the answer is no.

Too late, his time is up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:31

Crawford and Dair
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:45

I agree, their time is up. There was no way he was going to replace his 2 senior 'captains'...his vision was probably, play these guys in central roles with young, hungry, enthusiastic players round about them. Great in theory but turned out the wrong guys.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 16:52

Scully and Gill - Neither command there box.
Devine - slow and hesitant
Paton - slows everything down when there is no need, loves a side way pass.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: scosha  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 17:22

I have to agree, Scully, Ashcroft, Paton and Devine are the weak links, just

watched the highlights if you can call them that and what i missed yesterday

for Mortons second goal was Devine in plenty of space in the eighteen yard

area went to clear the cross and completely missed it, allowing the Morton player

a clear header for their goal !!! You could’nt make it up the man is a bombscare

every week. Tough decisions for the manager. .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 17:29

Weird how so many fans agree on the same weak links yet the management team can’t seem to identify the same issues
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 17:33

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 12 Jan 17:29

Weird how so many fans agree on the same weak links yet the management team can’t seem to identify the same issues

Because the weakest link is the management.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 18:39

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sun 12 Jan 17:29

Similar IQs 😜😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 20:07

I think most clubs have worked out that defensively we are not strong at the back and in particular in dealing with crosses. Any team that faces us knows that even if we score first, they have a good chance of recovering. That gives a team confidence right at the start of the game and we lack confidence in tge knowledge that even if we score first there is a good chance we cannot hold on to the lead. Most players in this league I would say are of the same skill level. More important is how you play as a team, player confidence, attitude and professionalism. I think that the issues are much more complex than the management. The team lacks resilience from what I can see and that is a mental rather than physical issue.

Post Edited (Sun 12 Jan 20:10)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: