DAFC.net
Home 03 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Permanent rolling contracts
Topic Originator: Par77  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:33

Last year on 10th January both Stevie and Greg were appointed on ' permanent rolling contracts'
I thought at the time this was the board protecting the club after giving AJ a 2 year deal and would make it less expensive if a change was needed again.
I have read posts saying we cant afford to change the manager, have the contracts been changed or am I not understanding rolling contracts properly?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Permanent rolling contracts
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:48

I think you're correct Par77. I remember the rolling contracts being announced and thinking that sounded like if the gamble didn't pay off it would be easier to make a change. As far as I'm aware there's been no change to the contracts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:57

A rolling contract is ridiculous. It basically means serving notice on someone a year in advance of the end of their employment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:59

I thought it meant that at the end of a contract if nothing is said you automatically receive another contract of same term
I'm sure that should the club wish they could pay the contract up until the end of its term as settlement
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 13:59

Said this a few days ago that we would be rewarding failure with a full years money.

It was suggested the compensation would or might not have been a years money. If it’s not a years money then surely it’s not a years rolling contract.

If it is a years money then we need to change this pronto.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:11

Always thought it was an agreed notice period jake89 - so its better than a fixed contract as you always get a years notice?

Berkey - no mention of years rolling contract, only says 'permanent rolling contract' genuinely don't know how this works though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:29

Guys:

You are misunderstanding a rolling contract. It is simply open-ended. It would be normal however to review performance on a regular basis. Six monthly or yearly very common.

Within the contract may be an entitlement to compensation if that contract is brought to an end. This could be anything -- but three or six months salary are pretty standard.

Nothing links the period of performance review to the payment for loss of employment -- they will be separate clauses in the Contract. So apples and oranges.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:44

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Sun 12 Jan 14:29

Guys:

You are misunderstanding a rolling contract. It is simply open-ended. It would be normal however to review performance on a regular basis. Six monthly or yearly very common.

Within the contract may be an entitlement to compensation if that contract is brought to an end. This could be anything -- but three or six months salary are pretty standard.

Nothing links the period of performance review to the payment for loss of employment -- they will be separate clauses in the Contract. So apples and oranges.

Thanks for clearing that up TRBFC. Hopefully, that will end the speculation, but I'm not holding my breath. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:44

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Sun 12 Jan 14:29

Guys:

Can be a rolling contract with eirher side giving 1 months notice
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:47

That's how I thought it worked RBFC. Also cant see the notice/compensation period being more than 6 months or there would be no point in using this type of contract.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:52

Absolutely right Rigger
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:55

What speculation does it clear up GG?

Hope your right Rigger Al
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 14:59

Quote:

Par77, Sun 12 Jan 14:55

What speculation does it clear up GG?

Hope your right Rigger Al

Most folk were speculating that the club would have to pay the manager a years salary if/when the BoD decide to terminate his contract. Was that not the case?

TRBFC is not a person given to posting spurious information on this site.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 15:05

Surely there isn’t a notice period attached, Rigger Al.

“Hi Stevie, we’re giving you notice of our intention to sack you, we’ll do it in 4 weeks time. Until then, you’re in charge”

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 15:07

Cheers GG. Had not read posts regarding paying a years salary, only ones about not being able to afford a change in management.
I believe this type of contract will have been used so changes can be made with less expense than last time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 15:10

He wouldn't be in charge for 4 weeks parsloyal, he would just be entitled to 4 weeks pay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 12 Jan 15:51

Ah right, gotcha! Was about to say hahaha

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 10:49

Parsloyal98 .
As an example I work in the oil and gas industry and everyone pushes for long term contracts which dont exist .

They can say here you go 5 yrs contract , but in reality in the small print it states employer or employee can terminate contract providing 30 days notice is given .

So technically your on a Months contract as employer can terminate the contract with 30 days notice .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:23

I think when you do contract work the reality is you are only ever as good as your last job. As you say, a contract can be terminated by either party with 2-4 weeks notice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 20:40

My understanding was SC and GS were on a 1 year rolling contract after the year was up you can get rid anytime and pay diddly squat

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net