DAFC.net
Home 23 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A balanced view ?
Topic Originator: Amzok  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 06:54

The forum just now is probably around 80% negative towards everything going on at East End so thought that with some time to kill I’d chuck my thoughts out there. I’ve tried to be as balanced and as fair as I can. I’ve followed the Pars as long as I can remember and been a season ticket holder for a long time so have lived the rollercoaster like most on here.

The Board

I understand the frustration, we’re on a bad run and everyone is desperate to see something change, naturally the focus will centre on the ultimate decision makers at the club. I’m not sighted on the finer detail of how the club is run and base much of my view of the board at the end of the financial year when the books are made public. We seem to be in a good place, certainly far healthier than some other clubs of our stature but also behind others so there is work to be done. I’m encouraged that there seems to be a plan that we stick to and all things going well we won’t make the mistakes previous boards have made when the club was truly close to not existing.

On the football front I could be wrong but I thought the chairman made some admissions last year that the board struggled on this front in terms of knowledge and experience. I thought that Jackie McNamara was brought in on an advisory basis to support the board, seemed a sensible move given his experience of the game. As for the link to players in his stable, I can’t see any issues so far, the signings I’ve seen have mainly been good although I accept a few of the younger signings haven’t worked out.

With the team on such a bad run you’d expect something from the board in terms of a communication to the fans in support of the manager. That said nobody was crying out for a message from the board when we were doing well so I guess they have to strike a balance. I suspect in the background they’ll be assessing the situation and the next 3 or 4 games will be key to what happens next.

I do have a question re the board, I’m hoping that someone in the know can answer it. As a fan owned or community club, does the board of directors not have to change every couple of years ? I may be making this up but I thought that this was a key aspect to this model of running a football club. It seems like we have had the same folk running the show since the admin days? I’m not saying we should make changes I’m just asking if we are sticking to the tried and tested model.

The Management Team

Who would want to be a football manager !!! Genius when things are going well, useless when things aren’t, all in the space of a month. Let’s cut to the chase, results just now are absolutely awful. If it’s spoiling my weekend god only knows what it’s doing to Stevie Crawford’s general sense of well-being. I can have a pint with the lads and moan about it but in truth the results really aren’t life changing. For the management team though it must be all consuming which isn’t nice but I guess that’s the game they are in.

I really thought we had turned the corner before the Dundee game, the team were confident, getting results and playing some nice football. I always thought those two away games (Dundee and Inverness) we’re going to be a test and that proved to be the case. We seem to have struggled to get over those games, particularly the defensive errors that have now carried forward into the most recent games. Unlike others I do see formation and tactical changes being made to address these issues but they’re just not working out as things stand. We’ve also had some terrible luck, I thought we absolutely dominated Alloa but they scored with their only 2 chances while we had numerous opportunities without really getting a break. Ayr was much the same although the second half we resorted to route 1 football that I don’t think suits the players we have.

In terms of recruitment, the management team have gambled on players, I think they’ve said as much. At least I took ‘investing in youngsters and players with something to prove at a higher level’ as a gamble. It’s paid off for the most part, we’ve got in some real quality. Some haven’t worked out but that’s what happens with a gamble, win some lose some.

For my money, just now we stick with the management team. It can’t be good for a club to chop and change manager every season. Who’s to say the next guy will be any better, it’s a big gamble. If we can cut out the defensive errors we’ll get back on track. If you don’t lose goals you don’t lose games, this is the key area to be addressed for me and if I can see it so can the management team. I’ll be surprised if we don’t see some changes of personnel in the defensive areas including goal keeper.

Crawford will know that he has to turn it around and quickly, the next 3 or 4 games will either make or break him. As for the backroom staff I’m not going to comment, I don’t know the inner workings of them as a team in terms of who brings what. At the end of the day the buck stops with Crawford for me.

The Players

As I’ve said, some really good, some average and some not cutting it. I guess that would a fair assessment of most clubs in our position. I’m not going to personalise this in any way as I don’t think that’s helpful but instead make general observations.

I would start by saying that I genuinely think we get 100% from the players every week, they all seem committed to the cause and look as equally frustrated as we are. They can be really creative and play good football when things are going well but we seem to crumble whenever things start to go the other way. I’ve already covered it’s the defensive issues that are killing us but that happens to some of the best teams out there.

It’s the lack of leadership right through the team that concerns me. We go behind but I don’t see anyone gripping the game by the scruff of the neck and setting an example. Likewise, we constantly get bullied by physical teams who seem to get away with murder and yet I can’t remember the last Pars player booked for leaving something on an opponent, we just seem to get on with it. I‘m not advocating violent play but there’s definitely a trade craft to chucking in a few meaty tackles to get the team up and at them. To be fair though I don’t see much in the way of overt passion coming from the dugout so that might not be the culture the management want in the team.

I genuinely think we’ve the core of a really decent team that should be doing much better than they are. Confidence is low but that can quickly turn the other way as we’ve seen first hand. A few January additions along the lines of those already added might help us. We need progress and progress fast if they’ve to save the manager’s job.

The Fans

Just my opinion but we are probably amongst the most negative fans in Scotland. I have to shake my head at some of the comments I hear around me at games. ‘Dunfermline Supporter’, there’s a clue in the title. I understand that some think that support comes from paying £20 to get in but it goes beyond that, we need to get behind the team. The derogatory comments towards the players cannot help, they just can’t. If I went to my work every day and those around me told me how s#%te I was at my job I’m certain it wouldn’t improve my confidence or performance. If you want to watch teams win every week then go watch the old firm, we are as much a part of this as the board, management team and players. I know it’s frustrating, jeez at times I’m gutted at what I’m seeing but that’s what following the pars is, it’s always going to ups and downs.

I remember at half time in the cup final when we were 1-0 up against Celtic, there was an older boy next to me in tears. He said “take this in son, it won’t get any better as a pars fans”......he was right, from that point on it went downhill, a few other finals but behind the scenes the club was imploding. This isn’t our first challenging period and it definitely won’t be our last, that’s just the gig being a Pars fan so let’s get on with being part of the solution. Onwards and upwards !!

This turned out to be a longer post than I set out. I hope it doesn’t come across as a rant because I’m genuinely not that animated about the position we are in. We’ve been here before and we’ll be here again, we just need a bit of perspective on the situation in my humble opinion.

COYP !!

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 08:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A balanced view ?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 07:24

Excellent post, Amzok and welcome to the forum. It certainly is an extremely rational and well balanced post. The only bit I disagree is that our fans are among the most negative in the country, although I must admit, it sometimes seems that way when the team is on a poor run of results.

If you take a look at the fan forums of other teams, you'll read pretty much the same level of negativity. Usually, the bigger the club, the more rabid the fans rage. As an example, the Man U fans on the BBC website after that first half mauling their team endured from City in the Carabao Cup, takes some beating. You would never have guessed that Ole was one of Old Trafford's favourite sons - a real United legend.

Some parallels with Stevie Crawford, me thinks...... 😉

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 07:30

Great post wheather you do or do not ageee with all of the issues discussed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 07:31

Good balanced summary Amzok, but I agree with GG about the negativity. When the world turns against Rangers (which it would appear to do on a weekly basis), a visit to one of their fans’ forums is sheer comedy value.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 07:32

Thanks for the comments, you make a good point re forums. It’s more the stadium fans that frustrate me, other fans just seem to get behind their team more at games is my perception. Particularly when things aren’t going well. Might just be me though !

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 07:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 07:53

Good post Amzok - agree with others about the fans though - I sat in with the Airdrie fans at Bayview on Saturday - they are doing well at the moment and were very supportive of their team when things were going well in the first half - 100% turnaround by the end though after East Fife equalised with more abuse hurled at the manager than i hear at EEP - I guess most of us “supporters” have unrealistic expectations of our team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 08:02

Spot on AJ about expectations, that’s the bit I don’t get, perhaps in the heat of the moment folk forget where the club are/come from. Airdrie are a great example, how can anyone who has followed them for any length of time be critical of how well the team are doing !?? Maybe you need to be outside of the emotion of being invested in a club to see it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 08:28

I think every team’s fans do/would react as the fans do at East End. I definitely wouldn’t say we’re the most negative. Look on social media, look at other forums - when things go poorly, fans vent frustrations.

If we could actually win an away game, I think you’d see it there from opposition fans. Recently at East End, my view is that the fans back the team from the start of the game. Then things start to hit that familiar pattern - we start off looking alright, then the silly mistakes kick in and we concede a soft goal, then we look totally lost and out of ideas for the last hour or so of the match. That’s when fans get frustrated and vent that frustration. Given we’re paying good money and ‘treated’ to the exact same story every week, I think fans have every right to vent that frustration and question the manager.

The rest of your post seems reasonable and well thought out, but my experience of football fans tells me that any club’s fans would be venting frustration the same as us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 08:32

Thanks for replying Par-91, it’s just my view, it might even just be where I sit in the ground that gives me that impression. I vent as much as the next person but it’s the personalising of that venting that I strongly disagree with, I just don’t see how it can help our situation?

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 17:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 08:38

I'm sure Amzok can speak for himself, but his point was that the negativity he hears at games is very unhelpful and that's impossible to argue with.

Human nature being what it is, you're never going to eradicate it. I've often thought that we football fans are the most fickle group of human beings you will ever see.

If you read through the match threads for the recent games v Alloa and Morton, you will see what I mean. All great and positive during the early part of the game, but the polar opposite before the end....☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 09:23

Yip, Fickle indeed ! I can’t think of many community or interest based groups as diverse as football fans. We’ve a common interest and aspiration but as a group we are represented by different, ages, genders, sexualities (is that a word?), religions, ethnicity and class.......the list can go on. You can also chuck in folk who have various types of mental health issue and some with adversity or crisis going on in their lives. I guess that’s why you can’t be too critical of the views of others, an opinion is an opinion and that’s about it !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 09:56

Amzok,Probably one of the best posts ive read in a ling time captures everything .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 10:07

Quote:

Amzok, Mon 13 Jan 09:23

Yip, Fickle indeed ! I can’t think of many community or interest based groups as diverse as football fans. We’ve a common interest and aspiration but as a group we are represented by different, ages, genders, sexualities (is that a word?), religions, ethnicity and class.......the list can go on. You can also chuck in folk who have various types of mental health issue and some with adversity or crisis going on in their lives. I guess that’s why you can’t be too critical of the views of others, an opinion is an opinion and that’s about it !!

Aye, as a colleague of mine used to say (apologies for the French) :-

"Opinions are like @r$eh0les, everybody's got one!" ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 13:54

What a thread!

What a thread should be - folk "talkin" to each other with common respect.

I see no chips! (on shoulders)

Well done all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:05

Here is my view in bullet form.

1. The club as a priority has to balance the books.
2. The club as many othe clubs in this league has to rely on other sources of income other than gate receipts. By no means an ideal financial model
3. There will be a wage stucture reflecting the clubs ability to pay. This will dictate the type of player we can attract
4. I wouldn't say any player who is over 21 is young. Players 18 - 20 yes. If players are 21 and over they are adults in my view and can accept the responsibility that adulthood brings.
5. Its a game at the end of the day.
6. Confidence, morale and teamwork is everything in this league because with players of the same ability, this is what separates teams.
7. We haven't gone down yet.
8. We have a development plan. Something that didn't exist before. May not be perfect but we have one.
9. The run of results has been poor but we have shown also that we can win games
10. It is over simplistic to lay the blame at SC's door. Give the guy a break for 6 months and judge then.
11. The club should manage expectation better and be more engaging and communicative to keep fans on their side.
12. We all have off days
13. We are in a better position than we were 5 years ago

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 19:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:12

Quote:

Indiapar, Mon 13 Jan 15:05

Here is my view in bullet form.

1. The club asa priority has to balance the books as a priority.
2. The club as many othe clubs in this league has to rely on other sources of income other than gate receipts. By no means an ideal financial model
3. There will be a wage stucture reflecting the clubs ability to pay. This will dictate the type of player we can attract
4. I wouldn't say any player who is over 21 is young. Players 18 - 20 yes. If players are 21 and over they are adults in my view and can accept the responsibility that adulthood brings.
5. Its a game at the end of the day.
6. Confidence, morale and teamwork is everything in this league because with players of the same ability, this is what separates teams.
7. We haven't gone down yet.
8. We have a development plan. Something that didn't exist before. May not be perfect but we have one.
9. The run of results has been poor but we have shown also that we can win games
10. It is over simplistic to lay the blame at SC's door. Give the guy a break for 6 months and judge then.
11. The club should manage expectation better and be more engaging and communicative to keep fans on their side.
12. We all have off days
13. We are in a better position than we were 5 years ago

Sorry, as a season ticket holder I can't watch that dross for another 6 months
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:19

Agreed we can make those choices.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:40

Crawford has had a year and two teams...to not much effect....but yeah...more time should sort us out.
Take a look at Thistle's signings...they'll improve.
We're going to rely on part time teams being down there......if that's what we're aiming for...mere survival at the bottom of the full time pile...just close the doors.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:41

Indiapar - Agree with every one of your points. Need to look at the club as a longer term project, like a business, I hate to use that term but the fact is that the better the business side the stronger the playing side. That’s where your point 8 is particularly relevant. Most businesses plan for 3 or 4 years ahead and are not afraid to look back 3 or 4 years to see how they’ve progressed. I think we have progressed and that’s why everyone is so disappointed with current form. Ask Falkirk and the Rovers fans what they’d give to be where we are.

BigJPar - I hear and feel your pain on that but it has to get better. On the bright side the bridies are still great mind !! Plus (I’m assuming) you‘re a tight Fifer who’ll want to get yer monies worth so it’ll kill you not to go 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 16:00

Rasta - Don’t think anyone is aiming for that, playoffs I think were the target, after the first full round of playing everyone that’s exactly where we were, that was less than a month ago. The form is dreadful but I’m not sure it’s at the point we should be chucking the towel in.

You can look at the Crawford situation a couple of ways. End of season form was awful last year although I thought that coincided (after a great run) with us dropping out of the play-off spot contention and we were pretty much safe. He took over from AJ who everyone thought was going to relegate us so I’d guess he did what the board wanted, he kept us up. Did I like what I saw last season, definitely not but he did enough.

This season, almost a complete rebuild that as I say 28 days ago it looked like we had turned a corner and maybe able to kick on and cement a playoff place. Hasn’t happened and results have been poor as have performances but we need to give him time. I’m not his biggest fan for a number of reasons but we’ve got to give him a chance. I’m not sure what he can do about some of the defensive howlers we’ve been making and that’s what’s killing confidence just now.

It’s early days in the transfer window and I think in 3 or 4 games time it might be the right time to reconsider things, hopefully he gets it right for all our sanity !!

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 17:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 16:04

Quote:

Amzok, Mon 13 Jan 15:41

Indiapar - Agree with every one of your points. Need to look at the club as a longer term project, like a business, I hate to use that term but the fact is that the better the business side the stronger the playing side. That’s where your point 8 is particularly relevant. Most businesses plan for 3 or 4 years ahead and are not afraid to look back 3 or 4 years to see how they’ve progressed. I think we have progressed and that’s why everyone is so disappointed with current form. Ask Falkirk and the Rovers fans what they’d give to be where we are.

BigJPar - I hear and feel your pain on that but it has to get better. On the bright side the bridies are still great mind !! Plus (I’m assuming) you‘re a tight Fifer who’ll want to get yer monies worth so it’ll kill you not to go 😀

Sorry I have to disagree.
It has been a long time since the bridies were great.
Not a patch on their heyday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 16:43

Amzok: You say that everyone feared that AJ was going to get us relegated.

This was the AJ who took us to the Premiership play off having inherited a club 7th in League 1.

As we came away from the Falkirk 2 Dunfermline 4 performance, we were 3 points out with a Play Off spot.

You are unsure how we should deal with defensive howlers.

How about sign a new goalkeeper?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 17:01

PARrot - Ha ha, yer right Stephens should also chuck the towel in, the whole toons done for !

Sliema - Totally agree about AJ, I wouldn’t have got rid of him, but the club did because the results weren’t good enough, short memories in football I’m afraid. I thought he did a great job, there were things he got wrong but he got the big things right for me.

I can’t think they won’t be looking at goalies but won’t be straightforward getting someone in who is better than what we have. Both Keepers we have definitely have strong parts to their game but also areas for development which has been their (our) undoing. I’ve seen both have great games for us but I’ve also seen the dark side and unfortunately it’s a rot when it starts, not just for them personally but the entire back 4 (or 5 or 3, I’m not sure what we play just now). A safe or safer pair of hands might make the difference.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 17:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 17:17

Parrot I agree with you (which is a rarity these days) about the Bridies

At one time they were a thing of great beauty with large chunks of melting meat, these days they are a poor substitute for those great times With mostly mince and a bit of gravy surrounding some flaked meat

Stephens Out!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 17:53

1970 - My case and point re Pars fans, once a world beating Steak Bridie, hits a bit of bad form and we forget how lucky we are 😀 Shall we let this go the way most threads go ? as ridiculous and unfair on Stephens as this question is, who would you want brought in if they do get the sack ?

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 17:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:06

Quote:

Amzok, Mon 13 Jan 17:53

1970 - My case and point re Pars fans, once a world beating Steak Bridie, hits a bit of bad form and we forget how lucky we are 😀 Shall we let this go the way most threads go ? as ridiculous and unfair on Stephens as this question is, who would you want brought in if they do get the sack ?

Sorry....couldny help masel' 🙂
https://www.crawfordsbakeryandcafe.com/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:10

Ha ha, brilliant, about spat ma tea out, I’m loving the irony/parallels in this bridie point !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:13

The West Coast of Scotland used to have a company called PARS bakery. I don't know if it is still in existence.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:18

Pars bakery merged with Stephens in 1988
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 20:16

Greggs do a braw sausage roll, even do a trendy vegan job anaw

Can we afford to get rid of Stephens due to a run of bad bridies? perhaps we could replace them with Marvs emporium promote from within!

HRH Marvs Bridies by Royal Appointment
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 20:21

I remember a sign at EEP that I think read... "007 catering.... Licence to grill".
Or did I dream that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 20:30

1970 Par - I like the way you’re thinking, so take something that’s tried and tested but had an uncharacteristic short run of bad form and replace with an amateur (no offence Marv!) who has no experience of running something as big as the east end pie operation ? What sort of sensibly run business would consider such a plan ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 00:45

Great thread and OP - Agree with most of your points Amzok and India but differ from Amzok on the keepers. I would change it to a safer pair of hands WILL almost certainly, not just "might" make a difference. With goals being rare events, fewer goalkeeping mistakes could make the difference of a promotion play-off place or be in a relegation scrap. A chance to play in the reserves for a while can also give one of our keepers an opportunity to develop their aerial game without the pressure that playing for the first team brings (where results are so critical and mistakes so costly and confidence damaging).

We know what it means to us as fans, but as you empathetically have noted think about how much worse it must be for the current management team - especially given their history as Pars players. This will be a lot more than just a job for all the management team.

While it is the prerogative of every fan to chose not to attend matches - as a ParsTV season ticket-holder I certainly will not be throwing in the towel. For me supporting through thin times is part of the fun as you get to enjoy things when they turn around (and you have been there for the ride). We have made some good signings (especially given our lower budget this year) and at times have played some good football. I am happy to accept that we are building a younger team that needs to be challenging for a playoff spot with a lot less money due to last season's losses. We all know that inconsistency and failure to play well for the whole game have been issues, but I do think we are part of the way there. Pity about losing Kiltie but if we can get in a more reliable keeper who is better in the air - Murray, and possibly Lang coming back, Dom Thomas and the other loan signing looking useful too...

I do worry about the degree of fight in the team and how the better quality football can sometimes go out of our game for long periods when we go behind. There is not much obvious motivation coming from the bench during games, and it would be nice to have a few more leaders on the pitch with a winning mentality who can rally and motivate when we are behind. Oh for a Barry/McCathie/Ferguson type to lead on the pitch, although granted such leadership and drive will not be common and harder to find in younger players. Fans can also be the twelfth man when times are tough in games, but sadly often many chose to be negative during such times (at the very time positive support may help).

Time will tell if SC can make the jump from a seemingly nice guy and coach to manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 05:44

Hi Rhino,

Thanks for the reply. I agree regards the keeper situation, I think your point re the reserves is well made, I don’t watch reserve games but a good friend does, he tells me Gill rarely puts a foot wrong. Different pressure in front of a bigger crowd but hopefully with experience he’ll get there. Scully looked great when he came in but the cross ball seems to be causing him problems just now. Both goalies are excellent shot stoppers. I suspect we’ll be in the market for a keeper.

Your other points are well made, re sticking with it, I’ve heard it before loads, particularly following Scotland but it’s true, it’s the hope that kills you !!

Funny you list the names of a couple of real leaders from the past, Ferguson is always the one that springs to mind, set the whole tempo of the game. I sometimes think Beadling has that type of game in him but for whatever reason he doesn’t play enough or doesn’t show it when he does play.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jan 06:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 06:53

There is a lack of fight on the park and our manager just isn't the fight type, there really is no glossing over that.
Where and how do spirits get raised?
Really I'd love to hear it?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 07:14

Rasta - Yip, the leadership side of things is a concern. The management team seem pretty horizontal regardless of what’s going on in a game, it’s maybe a bit unfair to judge on sideline behaviour without getting a feel for what goes on in the dressing room but that’s the only thing we can judge on. All three of the main management team SC, GS and LD seem laid back guys and while that approach might work for some players I’m not sure it does all.

I do think the players need to take a bit of responsibility though, I don’t see much to suggest that anyone on the park is running the show.

All that said you can’t get away from the fact we have gone on really good runs with this team and manager so it can’t all be bad with them as a group. Could do with a win to hopefully get things back on track but hard to see an ‘easy’ game in this league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 07:24

Euan Murray’s interview on the official site is enlightening. He’s pretty adamant that the issue isn’t to do with the coaching staff and more about the players not doing enough. Maybe some grains of truth in that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 07:39

I saw it and liked what he said. A lot of talk of us having a young team but there’s a fair few old heads out there as well who have a massive role to play.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: