DAFC.net
Home 24 January 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Either back him or boot him
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 14:39

Surely the board should come out with a statement either backing stevie or saying otherwise... The unrest on this forum has been crazy over the past few days.... I bet 100% the bod dip into this forum now and again..... Surely some sort of statement to settle the fans down is appropriate...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Either back him or boot him
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 14:44

Quote:

Dafc1996, Mon 13 Jan 14:39

Surely the board should come out with a statement either backing stevie or saying otherwise... The unrest on this forum has been crazy over the past few days.... I bet 100% the bod dip into this forum now and again..... Surely some sort of statement to settle the fans down is appropriate...

Agreed. At least acknowledge the terrible form, and back him or sack him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 14:46

The board themselves are fans, I'll be shocked if their friends circle isn't made up with Pars fans and I'm sure most of them live local, they'll absolutely be aware of the fans feelings.

Likewise though they have more to take into consideration than the average fan, aswell as that how stupid would they look if they release a statement backing Crawford and then boot him in two weeks? A statement backing him would be absolutely worthless and useless, for as long as he's employed by Dunfermline then the presumption is that Crawford has the backing of the board.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 14:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 14:55

There are no words possible to settle the fans down on this forum.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:20

Giving him scope to make siginings and extend the contract of players at the club. Signals to me he is trusted in the position as manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:42

All managers are backed until they're sacked. It used to be that when a board put out a statement backing the manager it was referred to as the 'dreaded vote of confidence' because so many managers were relieved of their position after getting public backing. A statement stating the obvious (essentially he's our manager til we sack him) would be utterly pointless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 15:59

We will back him until we can afford to boot him. If things improve before we can afford to boot him, we will probably continue backing him. Thats just a fact. It doesn't need to be an official statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:00

Quote:

Dafc1996, Mon 13 Jan 14:39

This has to be a wind up. The Board should issue a statement backing the manager because a tiny number of disgruntled fans are getting restless on this forum?

Reminds me of a Cecil B Demille quote "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:18

GG... that was Samuel Goldwyn ...His verbal contract is worth more than the paper it's written on".... Go and stand in the corner boy :-)

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jan 18:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:22

With all respect GG a considerable % of EEP let their feelings be known after the last home match.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 18:26

Which is their prerogative. It doesn't need a board statement though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 19:18

Quote:

BigJPar, Mon 13 Jan 18:22

With all respect GG a considerable % of EEP let their feelings be known after the last home match.

I'm not disputing that BigJ, but the OP was specifically referring to the unrest on this forum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 20:10

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 13 Jan 18:18

GG... that was Samuel Goldwyn ...His verbal contract is worth more than the paper it's written on".... Go and stand in the corner boy :-)

Doh! Pass me the dunce's hat..... ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 13 Jan 23:18

If a minority of fans venting on a forum qualifies as enough civil disobedience to require a press release from an organisation then please put the boards up and cancel everything. Just shut everything down.

I love the Pars and yes, we're minging just now and yes, I don't think SC is the man for the job but come on. I mean, come on.

My family > my health > my job > my friends > DAFC. A big gap between each.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: