DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tom Lang
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:05

Joins Clyde on Loan until end of season ......
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tom Lang
Topic Originator: Pibroch  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:06

Another strange move by the club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:07

ONLY thing I can think is these clubs are paying their pages and we are looking to bring in someone on a decent wage, apart from that I am Baffled!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:09

Wow. Poor guy. If I were him I'd be raging I wasn't getting a look in given how poor Devine and Ashcroft have been.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:14

Ashcroft and Devine been dreadful recently. This is concerning. We finally get Lang fit and have loaned him out.

Saw him in the challenge cup match he played and he seemed comfortable with the ball and pretty mobile. Would have liked to see him get a chance. Combine that with Murray finally getting fit and playing him in midfield, keeping those 2 at CB and I genuinely don’t have a clue what the thinking is behind this.

We seem to keep trying to play it out from the back. Neither Ashcroft or Devine look comfortable with this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:16

Gutted for this guy. Not been given a look in despite Ashcroft and Devine being absolutely hopeless.

Ashcroft won't get any flack because he's seen as some sort of Skerla incarnate by our fans. Absolutely nuts he got in team of the decade as well.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:20

injured nearly season, needs to play games which Clyde can presumably guarantee that's why he will be going.

amazing how much a player improves when they aren't in the team though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:20

Given a rare 2 year deal and deemed surplus to requirements, very strange
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:34

What an inspired signing he has been
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:39

Who?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:46

"injured nearly season, needs to play games which Clyde can presumably guarantee that's why he will be going."

That's how i'd look at it. Murray's fit and Lang need real game time. Bring him back in the summer fit with more experience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 12:53

There's a difference between fit and match fit.

I suspect hew will be there to get competitive games and recalled if things continue to slide.

If we progress up the table, then a loan spell till the season end helps all.

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:02

I said at the start of the season that we had too many centre-backs:

(Ashcroft, Devine, Martin, Murray, Lang plus Morrison and Beadling or even Jordan or Bragg in emergencies.).

I wonder if the intention was to move one on and that never happened. Then Murray got injured in a freak accident when chasing a winner at Palmerston and Lang also got injured.

If (and that remains to be seen) we are in a relegation dog-fight, then presumably we would be crying out for experience at the back.

Who pays loanees' wages? Is there a standard practice, or is each deal different?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:04

“ There's a difference between fit and match fit. ”

I agree, but Crawford gave another CB his first minutes since August, by starting him in midfield at the weekend. A position that requires more fitness/sharpness than CB. I’ve also been waiting 18 months for Danny Devine to look match fit, but he keeps playing as if he hasn’t played in years.

This move only makes sense, if we’re ready to announce another CB coming in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:11

You couldn't write it beggars belief to send a centre half out on loan when the centre of defence is stinking the place out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:21

I've not seen enough of Lang to make a judgement to be honest but I suspect our first choice centre backs will be Murray and Ashcroft going forward.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jan 13:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:33

This is either going to have to be a very buy transfer window for players in or we're basically just look like we're giving up and letting half a team go. We've replaced McDonald now, but need another winger, a striker, midfielder and ideally a centre back and keeper so we can play with someone competent in goals plus Murray-? And get Scully, Ashcroft and Devine into the bin till we can punt the 3 of them in the summer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 13:59

Absolutely ridiculous. He’s clearly being viewed as not good enough now which makes the signing utterly bizarre. Who is signing these guys ? Is this more MacNamara nonsense or is it Crawford making an erse of it? The club is a joke at the minute .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 14:07

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Tue 14 Jan 13:59

Absolutely ridiculous. He’s clearly being viewed as not good enough now which makes the signing utterly bizarre. Who is signing these guys ? Is this more MacNamara nonsense or is it Crawford making an erse of it? The club is a joke at the minute .

A great statement!

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 14:25

Madness. He looked decent enough in the one game he played but he has never had a chance, even though our defence has been shocking this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 15:28

From what I saw, Ashcroft only stands out because of his red ballet shoes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:07

Honestly can’t see Devine getting dropped, don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves dropped but Crawford seems to rate him by the way he speaks of him and continues to play him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:08

From what I have seen of Tom Lang he looked a decent prospect
And Swisspar I read your comments about Ashcroft ,saying for you Ashcroft only stands out because of his red boots and for me its the same plus always making the sane basic mistakes week in and week out ! almost every header is to opposition or in the danger zone , he cannot clear his lines , he was bad last year but he is a lot worse this season , he needs dropped !!! along with Paton , Devine , Scully we have time to get a keeper in and time to try things behind closed doors before our next game , but i wont hold my breath

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jan 16:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:27

Cannot understand why we sign or take players on loan who we then do not play. That suggests they are deemed not as good as the players who are playing! It is about time we signed players who are able to go straight into the team and hit the ground running, like Rusty and Hardy did for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:31

Rustybitz and Hardie are exactly the 2 kind of players we need in this team. Hated we lost Gibson but they dragged us to the title that year
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:44

Looks like Lang is the latest in a line of "longer he went without playing the better he got"

not sure why we are wetting the bed about a guy who has played 61mins of cup football for us in 6 months going out on loan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 16:51

Dont think anybody is wetting the bed, I think they might be a bit confused why this is another player with a 2 year deal who like you say has had 61 minutes of football and is surplus to rquirements.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 17:02

Well to me its a clear indication that Murray will play centre half, presumably beside Ashcroft, tightening up defensively has to be our top priority. We really do need another keeper, but maybe there isn't much available within our budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 17:18

Quote:

CrossPar, Tue 14 Jan 16:27

Cannot understand why we sign or take players on loan who we then do not play. That suggests they are deemed not as good as the players who are playing! It is about time we signed players who are able to go straight into the team and hit the ground running, like Rusty and Hardy did for us.

Like the 10 or so players that have played in more than half of the games this season ?????
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 17:39

Isn't it obvious why Lang has played so few games? Didn't he miss pre-season training and then get injured when he started in the first team in the cup-tie against Alloa? It's been a slow journey back to fitness and the reserves haven't been playing recently. According to COWS he is happy with the loan to Clyde which will enable him to get much-needed game time at a decent level. He has been unlucky with injuries but that's football sometimes. This seems like a sensible, pragmatic solution in the circumstances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 19:00

Perhaps we're too skint to have such a large squad.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 19:12

There is no evidence he is good enough. He might be, but he might not.

I think we're all agreed that we need some experience to get us through to the end of the season. Lang isn't that, so makes sense to get him game time to the end of the season then reassess.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 20:11

He's clearly too braw for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 21:15

Cracked it ^
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jan 23:13

If he was good enough to sign a 2 year deal, then once fit, he should be fighting his way into our team, especially when we are leaking goals from central defence as we currently are. Makes no sense to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 08:37

With each passing week/ departure/ loan Crawford's signing record just gets worse.
I would have thought that with our defensive woes it might be an idea to keep defensive options available.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 08:41

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 15 Jan 08:37

With each passing week/ departure/ loan Crawford's signing record just gets worse.
I would have thought that with our defensive woes it might be an idea to keep defensive options available.

I get what you're saying, Rasta, but can Lang not be recalled at any time, if the manager decides he needs him before the end of the season?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 09:22

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Jan 08:41

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 15 Jan 08:37

I get what you're saying, Rasta, but can Lang not be recalled at any time, if the manager decides he needs him before the end of the season?

I would hope so, I mean who wouldn't at least want options when we're giving goals away?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 09:27

Maybe Crawford deems him no better than the defensive fortress we are currently fielding.

Could results have been worse if we had thrown him and Murray in at centre half?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 09:36

"but can Lang not be recalled at any time"

yes and no but he cant play for us again this season now no matter what.

Post Edited (Wed 15 Jan 10:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 11:48

Difficult to say it's strange as he played once against lower league opposition in the league cup but maybe with Morrison coming back he trusts him more than Lang.

For what it's worth, I did like the look of him in that game. Maybe him going out, getting fit and starting again next year with us is the way to go.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 12:58

Maybe just maybe ,Tom has went to the manager and asked to go out on load to get match fitness and game time rather than on the bench where he gets neither
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 15:00

Quote:

Swisspar, Tue 14 Jan 15:28

From what I saw, Ashcroft only stands out because of his red ballet shoes

Ashcroft looked a decent enough defender when he played alongside Morris, tbf.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 15:24

GG Riva that seems a long time ago now !!
You are correct with what your saying but that's probably the last time he was consistent , Now it's basic mistake after basic mistake , Possibly he needs someone alongside him that's experienced and can guide him through a game just like Morris did ,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 15:48

Quote:

wulliepar57, Wed 15 Jan 15:24

GG Riva that seems a long time ago now !!
You are correct with what your saying but that's probably the last time he was consistent , Now it's basic mistake after basic mistake , Possibly he needs someone alongside him that's experienced and can guide him through a game just like Morris did ,

I just threw that in for folk to draw their own conclusions. There were even some who thought he should have been captain ahead of Morris, such was his consistency. He weighed in with a few goals, too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 15:52

Well i know 2 folk who have him sussed GG riva
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 16:26

"Possibly he needs someone alongside him that's experienced and can guide him through a game just like Morris did ,"

Or it could be with Morris along side him he could concentrate on his own game and not worry that his partner is out of position or ball watching? FWIW I thought Ashcroft looked decent in the games he played with Murray, granted they didn't play many games together.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 16:41

Quote:

Lambo1885, Wed 15 Jan 16:26

"Possibly he needs someone alongside him that's experienced and can guide him through a game just like Morris did ,"

Or it could be with Morris along side him he could concentrate on his own game and not worry that his partner is out of position or ball watching? FWIW I thought Ashcroft looked decent in the games he played with Murray, granted they didn't play many games together.

Right so now we're saying Ash looked decent enough when playing alongside Murray or Morris......

Who could Lambo be referring to in his post? 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 16:58

Maybe he was better with Morris because he had pace to cover? Ashcroft is one of the most experienced members of the squad and vice-captain, he should be stepping up no matter who he is playing alongside.

Thought Murray looked solid against Dundee but he and Ashcroft only played one more game away to QOTS after that so it's difficult to make any real judgement.Strange that he was in midfield on Saturday imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 15 Jan 17:46

Ashcroft hit a patch of form earlier in the season where he was fantastic, better than the Morris season.

Culminated in a great performance against Ayr where he was then subbed off with an injury, hasn't been the same since.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 15:00

I think it went unnoticed on here but Tom Lang scored the winner for Clyde against East Fife at the weekend. He was booked for his celebration apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 15:06

Was also voted in SPFL team of the week

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 15:43

We also kept a clean sheet and didnt concede a shot on goal against us. Think our defence done okay

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 16:50

Quote:

Connor560, Wed 29 Jan 15:06

Was also voted in SPFL team of the week

Delighted for him. He's still our player and regular game time can only be good for him. Hopefully, he'll be back and pushing for a regular first team place next season. He's still very young and has practically his whole career ahead of him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 17:00

Is he not on a 2 year deal with an option for another year. Game time in the first division is possibly better for him than sitting on a bench. Perhaps if he is needed at EEP we can recall him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 29 Jan 22:20

He also won the man of the match award on Saturday 👏👏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 00:29

Sounds like he is pretty fit after all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 08:05

Is the purpose of a player going out on loan not to get him more game time and match experience?

A loan deal also good for players who have had injuries to get back to peak fitness in a league where the game is perhaps a little slower

Let’s let the player stay till the end of the season and then assess his loan, hopefully he will be back in the squad and ready to play for the start of the new campaign
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 13:03

There is a fascinating long article today in "The Herald On Sunday " Page 15 of their Sports Supplement as they preview Clyde's Cup Tie with Celtic.

They focus on Tom and his aspirations at East End.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 14:14

Playing against Celtic today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 15:15

Hopefully we have someone in attendance checking out his progress with Clyde
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 20:38

Had a decent game
As did most of the Clyde team tbh

Post Edited (Sun 09 Feb 20:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 20:59

Why get on Ashcroft and Devine's backs when their last two games for us have been excellent? If our forwards, including the almost deified big Kev had stuck the ball in the net a bit more from some good support play in our 5 game losing streak, maybe some pressure would have been taken off the defence and Ashcroft and Devine might have shone a bit more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 22:45

Another in a long line of players who get better the longer they are out the team.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 9 Feb 23:02

A player we signed for a longer contract who,after injury,we decided to let him get games.He will be here next season a bit older and a bit more game time.I don't get this comment about better the longer out team.
He could be a star or maybe not but lets just see.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 09:51

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 9 Feb 20:59

Why get on Ashcroft and Devine's backs when their last two games for us have been excellent? If our forwards, including the almost deified big Kev had stuck the ball in the net a bit more from some good support play in our 5 game losing streak, maybe some pressure would have been taken off the defence and Ashcroft and Devine might have shone a bit more.

Very much this. Wemissed a lot of good chances in that spell.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 15:50

We conceded 13 goals in those games and scored 3 against Dundee and 2 against Morton and still lost both.On top of that we conceded 3 at home to Alloa.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 16:13

''We conceded 13 goals in those games and scored 3 against Dundee and 2 against Morton and still lost both.On top of that we conceded 3 at home to Alloa.''

Without taking sides, it's not as simple as that, parathletic. We have to consider that when a team falls behind, they have to open up and chase the game, leaving ourselves open to conceding further goals. The corollary of that is also true, of course.

The games that caused me most concern during our losing run, were the ones where we opened the scoring but then failed to manage the game and lost, (Alloa home, Morton away.) Thankfully, we did that well v Dundee and even came back from a goal down to beat QOS, so hopefully, we've turned a wee corner......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 18:01

The performances in those 5 games were very poor - as GG said 2 of those games we lead in and lost. Dundee away ended close but only because of 2 shockers from their keeper. Inverness away was insipid (that’s being polite) - we created 2 chances in the whole game.

Last 2 have been a huge improvement - we need more of this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 18:10

In the Dundee away game we passed up several good scoring chances and managed to find ourselves 4-1 down but the game was so open that it could have ended up 7 all. When the chances are there you have to take them. In the other games we had great early pressure without taking full advantage, lost a goal and also our confidence. Nothing like putting the ball in the net to spur the confidence.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net