DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 We are where we are
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 22:54

I really don't know what some folk expected this season. We were made aware the club was going down a new route before the season even got underway. Bringing on youths and trying to develop a good team from this is not such a bad idea. They are exactly what we were told YOUTHS, and to me I never expected bright lights and glitter from our season.
Being a full time team of youths makes no difference they are still youths learning the trade. Playing against a part time team of more experienced players with a few younger players in was always going to be a challenge. For our young team to get a win is very pleasing. I am not in favour of changing the management at this stage for the simple reason he is doing what was asked of him and what was agreed with the board. I am pretty confident we will beat the drop and give ourselves something to work on next season.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: We are where we are
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 23:00

Quote:

Thaipar, Sat 18 Jan 22:54

I really don't know what some folk expected this season. We were made aware the club was going down a new route before the season even got underway. Bringing on youths and trying to develop a good team from this is not such a bad idea. They are exactly what we were told YOUTHS, and to me I never expected bright lights and glitter from our season.
Being a full time team of youths makes no difference they are still youths learning the trade. Playing against a part time team of more experienced players with a few younger players in was always going to be a challenge. For our young team to get a win is very pleasing. I am not in favour of changing the management at this stage for the simple reason he is doing what was asked of him and what was agreed with the board. I am pretty confident we will beat the drop and give ourselves something to work on next season.

That's okay but name the youths.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 23:04

Sorry but I must have missed the memo that said the primary goal was to avoid relegation this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 23:18

It’s a miracle we have Nisbet this season or we would be in massive trouble. I knew this season would be different but I expected a lot more effort and passion after Crawford claimed to clear out the ‘bad eggs’ from last season. We have show glimpses but nowhere near enough to show progress will be made. That is why people are disappointed this season Thaipar. If changes aren’t made soon, my biggest worry is season tickets will plummet next season as many fans are getting fed up with bad decision being made time and time again. I bought my season ticket at the last minute this season, which so far has been a massive regret. It just feels like a waste of a Saturday at the moment and that is something I never thought I’d say. I highly doubt the board were expecting Crawford to get us knocked out the Scottish cup so early and struggle against teams in the championship we really should be beating. On paper, I genuinely think we have one of the better squads in the league (minus the goalkeeper) but we arguably the worst manager in my lifetime managing us, which is hard to say as Crawford is one of my favourite players to play for the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 18 Jan 23:24

As I stated right at the start of the season I’m not convinced by this team of youths talk - there are several teams in the league with similar average ages to ourselves - first 2 games of the season our average age was higher than our opponents (I haven’t checked since) - the vast majority of our team have a lot of games behind them - some of the least experienced are the loanees - not sure how that helps us in the long run.

Sign a decent goalkeeper and I’ll be confident of staying up - stick with Scully and Gill and I fear we’re in trouble.

With Scully at one end and Hamilton at the other Friday night could be interesting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 03:20

Sure we were promised a good passing, attacking style of play? Where’s that? Most of the time we just punt it up the park
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 07:58

If we didnt have nisbet, we would have someone else simple.

op is right, where we are we are... the boys brought in I think people thought that they were going to be young wonderkid. Lets develop them and move forward over the seasons. Does anyone really want to go up to the SPL, apart from the money benefit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 08:27

Yeah do want to pull up all those pragmatic posts saying if we'd scrape above the part timers it's success?
I'll wait..
Oh and the list of players getting better under Stevie, Greg et al?

I Hope You're Ok Today....

Post Edited (Sun 19 Jan 08:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 09:31

Who would we have RMG? We didn’t have a goalscorer like Nisbet last season. I would be shocked if there are not bids for him this month with the form he is in. Let’s go through the first team squad of ‘youths’:

Scully - Not a youth, plenty experience but a replacement is required

Comrie - young player but had first team experience with St Johnstone, Montrose and Peterhead. One of our better signings
Ashcroft - Definitely has plenty of first team experience. Not having his best season however
Murray/Devine - Both have plenty experience. Murray looks a decent player, who could hopefully help Ashcroft
Martin/Edwards - Martin is an experienced, and versatile defender. Edwards is inexperienced but still had over 20 games with Airdrie last season.

Paton - Most experienced player in the team by far.
Beadling - Into his third season at the Pars. Experienced and another decent player on his day.
Turner/Thomson - Turner is young but still has enough experience at Stranraer. Plenty of potential if coached right. Thomson has plenty experience but has just came back from a bad injury. We probably won’t see him back to his best until next season.

Dow - Experienced player at all levels. Another decent signing.
Nisbet - Most important player in the team. Really hope we can hold onto him.
Thomas - Like Kiltie, has experience playing at this and a higher level.

Gill/Ross/McGill/McCann/Morrison/Todd all will come into the inexperienced youngsters category but they get limited first team experience anyway. The team we play most weeks have more than enough experience at this level so we can’t use that as an excuse. As I have stated, I’m convinced a decent manager could get so much more out of this team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 09:49

Exactly. The way some folk talk you'd think our team was made up of school kids. Even then, it's our more experienced players in Scully, Ashcroft, Devine, Paton etc. who have been poorer performes or at the very least wildly inconsistent. The younger guys like Comrie, Nisbet and our own youngsters when they have had a cance have done well or at least looked reasonably competent (even McGill was better at Morton although I'm yet to be convinced).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 09:59

We do have a nucleus of about a dozen experienced players but the rest of the squad are relatively young or inexperienced at Championship level. I would say guys like Turner and Edwards were recruited as players untried at this level who it was hoped could be developed and maybe sold on. There were no guarantees Nisbet would be a success either, FEB being a classic example of someone who was a prolific scorer in League 1 but couldn't reproduce that form at a higher level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 19 Jan 22:17

Maybe it is good to have a bit of respite from our woes on the pitch. We all need a break from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (Shakespeare) at times and it was the Pope (Alexander Pope that is) who said "hope springs eternal in the human heart". So let us gird up our loins (Job 38:3) and quit us like men be strong 1 Cor 13:16 and look to the next few games with courage and steadfast faith and consider that the enforced break has breathed new life and energy into our boys and that we might give Dundee, QoS and Partick Thistle a good dooing.

Post Edited (Sun 19 Jan 22:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 00:31

Enywun els part fae me stul fink we kin win the leeg. Hic!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net