DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Will Bookies Pay Out Early?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 07:35

I said before yesterday's game that if Liverpool beat Man U the bookies would probably close the book and pay out to those who had backed Liverpool for the title. In fact, they're still offering them at 1/40. Man City are 2nd favourites at 80/1.

I have it in my head that the bookies have paid out early on the EPL winners in the past (Man U?) Can anyone confirm this or is it just a figment of my feeble imagination?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Will Bookies Pay Out Early?
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 08:22

Man City drawing and Leicester loosing has helped G.G.

Yes they have paid out early found this :-

https://www.bestbettingsitesuk.com/articles/why-do-bookies-pay-out-early/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 09:44

Not a betting person really (have odd punt of pars and Grand National) but did the bookies not get royally burned one time when they paid out early for some team that was miles ahead ..... who then collapsed and lost title?

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 09:52

Found the premier league just exceedingly boring this season, some brilliant football played obviously. Liverpool have been terrific no doubt but the other contenders have floundered. They should cake walk the league from here, even if they went on a wee losing run. Found myself paying more attention to the NFL this year which is just engrossing due to the Salary cap and draft system (I know it would be near impossible to implement in European football) means from year to year every team has an opportunity to be the best, not just who has the deepest pockets as we experience domestically with the bigot brothers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 09:55

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/apr/03/bookie-betfred-manchester-united-title

Yes they did get stung! You probably know but the end of the 11/12 season was the Agueroooooooooo year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 10:35

Paddy power have paid out on Celtic winning the league early a few times. Last season they paid out after the first game when rangers drew with Aberdeen.

Paying out early is basically a free advertising campaign when they get it right and still a cheap one when they get it wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 11:25

Correct allparone, quite clever by PP, rather than have all the money tied up all season ,they simply freed up the money for punters to lose on other bets

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 20 Jan 13:49

Betway paid out on Liverpool winning the league on 24th November
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net