DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Centenary life line email
Topic Originator: BIG W  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 18:38

I’m sure many of you have had an email from the board of volunteers tasked with the difficult job of asking disillusioned-fans why the have cancelled their direct debit,sadly here was my regrettable response
===========================

“Hi Mary
Many thanks for your email
I have indeed cancelled my direct debit as well as no longer purchasing 5 of 50/50 half Time draw tickets every home game
I’m sure I’m not alone in being very disillusioned in the manner the club is being managed
I have been going to games for 45years and held a season ticket for over 25 years in all that time through good and bad Dafc have always had my full support
many decisions especially in club management I have disagreed with but carried on regardless In the hope we would improve
During the dark times of administration I contributed hundreds of additional pounds trying to keep our beloved club afloat for the benefit of all including myself of course
More recently I am of the belief that the board have become detached from the ordinary supporter not listening to the common voice
The appointment of Stevie Crawford has been an unmitigated disaster the empty Terracing pays testimony to this
The board went for the cheapest option on an inexperienced manager with a very poor track record in the hope he could take the club forward,clearly we are in a downward spiral
He may well have been a hero to many fan’s as a player but this has soured with the results over his tenure which many of the previous mangers have been let go with better records than this
As much as I love DAFC I find myself losing the bond that was so strong in the past
If the club continues to persevere with the current management Team sadly I can’t see myself renewing my season ticket next year
As much as I love the club I don’t believe the club loves the supporters back at the moment
Best regards
W
===================

Many of you may disagree with this however that’s how I feel
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Centenary life line email
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 18:55

That was a long sentence
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:06

Quote:

BIG W, Tue 21 Jan 18:38

I’m sure many of you have had an email from the board of volunteers tasked with the difficult job of asking disillusioned-fans why the have cancelled their direct debit,sadly here was my regrettable response

“Hi Mary
Many thanks for your email
I have indeed cancelled my direct debit as well as no longer purchasing 5 of 50/50 half Time draw tickets every home game
I’m sure I’m not alone in being very disillusioned in the manner the club is being managed
I have been going to games for 45years and held a season ticket for over 25 years in all that time through good and bad Dafc have always had my full support
many decisions especially in club management I have disagreed with but carried on regardless In the hope we would improve
During the dark times of administration I contributed hundreds of additional pounds trying to keep our beloved club afloat for the benefit of all including myself of course
More recently I am of the belief that the board have become detached from the ordinary supporter not listening to the common voice
The appointment of Stevie Crawford has been an unmitigated disaster the empty Terracing pays testimony to this
The board went for the cheapest option on an inexperienced manager with a very poor track record in the hope he could take the club forward,clearly we are in a downward spiral
He may well have been a hero to many fan’s as a player but this has soured with the results over his tenure which many of the previous mangers have been let go with better records than this
As much as I love DAFC I find myself losing the bond that was so strong in the past
If the club continues to persevere with the current management Team sadly I can’t see myself renewing my season ticket next year
As much as I love the club I don’t believe the club loves the supporters back at the moment
Best regards
W
===================

Many of you may disagree with this however that’s how I feel

You're dummy is well and truly out the pram.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:16

Well done mate, your reasons for this are your own and that’s where they should have remained, you are entitled to your opinion

Why don’t we all cancel our membership, don’t buy seasons and look the other way when the 50/50 seller comes round

That course of action will surely make the BOD take notice and spend more of the money that we don't have

Whilst I am not a Stevie Crawford fan I am and always will be a Pars fan through thick and thin, I will voice my concerns where I see fit and sometimes come 5pm on a Saturday my love affair with the club becomes a bit strained

I will never encourage others to withdraw their support of the club though, what are you actually trying to achieve here by posting this
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:27

I’m not trying to a achieve anything,just expressing my opinion isn’t that what a forum is for?
Many have a different opinion as is their right
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:33

Hmmm
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:37

Quote:

BIG W, Tue 21 Jan 18:38

Never got that e-mail!🏁🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:54

Never understood this argument. Each to their own and everything, but what do you hope this approach achieves?

First of all, I’d like to point out that I’m far from happy with our current form/recent results/performances. However, I don’t think that the beat way to support the club, is to restrict them further. All that this approach will achieve is an even smaller budget and potentially an even less competitive team.

I’d also like to point out that the board themselves will be very unhappy with results/performances. They’ll have had discussions amongst themselves and with the coaching staff. Of that, I have no doubt. But it seems like some people seem to think details of every discussion they have should be made public, which is totally ridiculous. For example, if they’ve told Stevie he has until the end of January to turn it around, or discussed other targets/objectives, that will and should remain private.

Out of interest, have you ever tried to raise your concerns to anyone at the club? The SLO is there to provide communication between fans/board. Have you spoken to him, or sent him a message? Or have you tried to engage in conversation with any of these board members? From my experience, they have always taken time to listen to me and given me their point of view as well. If you haven’t even tried to speak to them, then how can you claim they’re not listening? If you have, I’d be absolutely stunned if you’re saying they’ve ignored you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 19:59

Wow, each to their own but that’s pretty poor.

Why don’t you pick one of the Old Firm and go with that.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:07

I cancelled mine at the height of the Johnston hysteria. Sadly never gotten round to signing up again. Can't say I ever felt the need to post my reply on dafc.net...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:14

oh look at me

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/save-the-bronze-bar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:17

Money has been tight for one reason or another and I'd never got round to signing up for the lifeline but I am now. Chiefly as a direct act to counter the negativity on here.

I trust that the board are hard-working, honest and trying to do the right thing. Things aren't working out right now and they've clearly made mistakes but such is life. We all do that. I don't see any self-made, entrepreneurial billionaires on here, unless I'm mistaken.

Everyone has the right to do whatever the hell they want to do with their own cash and this is mine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:38

I thought the point of the Lifeline was to provide the club with a regular, dependable income through thick and thin. That's certainly the way I regard it. I feel BIG W's hurt but I don't think depriving the club of much-needed finance is going to help.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:39

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Centenary_Club_Lif%C2%A3line&ID=8648

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:42

A positive from a negative, well done Rusty Shackledord
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 20:53

I can’t wait till Friday night, I will be along buying my pie, program & 50/50. The players need our support more than ever at this stage of the season & I will be along to cheer them on. Hopeful we can get a victory. I support the player‘s first and foremost & will do my best to encourage them. There are other ways you can let the board know how you feel.
I’m certainly not happy with how things have gone since AJ was fired but ultimately at the end of day I don’t my team getting relegated, so I will do what I can in supporting them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 21:04

I’m reminded of why I very rarely post on .net
If your opinion doesn’t fit in with some of the happy clappers on here you get criticism
I accept that the board don’t go out their way to make bad decisions however sometimes it happens and I reserve the right to express my opinion in my way
I stand by my decision to hold back my hard earned likewise if anyone’s feels the need to spend theirs then good luck to them
Rewarding mediocrity is a recipe for failure
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 21:14

Quote:

BIG W, Tue 21 Jan 21:04

I’m reminded of why I very rarely post on .net
If your opinion doesn’t fit in with some of the happy clappers on here you get criticism
I accept that the board don’t go out their way to make bad decisions however sometimes it happens and I reserve the right to express my opinion in my way
I stand by my decision to hold back my hard earned likewise if anyone’s feels the need to spend theirs then good luck to them
Rewarding mediocrity is a recipe for failure

I'm pretty sure the Lifeline isn't there to reward mediocrity, I'd imagine it's to provide a monetaryLifeline to the club, hence the title of the club........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 21:25

BigW your post is (rightly or wrongly) being viewed as encouraging others to follow your lead.

I respect your right to withhold your coin however what we are questioning is the need to advertise the fact

The Happy clapper term is quite derogatory and if you read most of the posters they like myself state their current reservations about the teams form and their reservations as to Stevie Crawford’s abilities as manager, what we are saying is that the club is a long term commitment for most of us and like you (a complement) have been lending our allegiance for many years. We all feel frustrated and at times could see the club far enough come Saturday night

Now is not the time for knee jerk reactions and these will only serve to make the situation worse. Of course this is your prerogative and your right however the need to shout about it is perhaps questionable

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jan 21:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 21:31

People are absolutely entitled to spend there money where they see fit tbh. BIG W obviously feels he's being taken for a ride and it's absolutely understandable, 240 quid a year isn't pennies and if you feel like it's taken for granted then it's no shock if you don't want to pay it anymore, Dunfermline fans put in per head more than most clubs in Scotland I reckon and truthfully, it's been absolutely uninspiring dirge for the most part, little wonder people are fed up.

I still don't, and never will understand why we appointed Crawford, it made absolutely no sense in the slightest, we're fair paying for it now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 22:04

"Rewarding mediocrity is a recipe for failure"

What do you expect the club to achieve with your £20 per month?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 22:06

Stopping the Centenary Lifeline is obviously counter productive, we want a new manager but then remove our membership when the money could’ve been put to sourcing a new one for example!

I agree with Grant though, fans put a lot of money in and a little demoralising when you’re not really seeing much benefit out of it. Most of us contributed to save the club and we achieved it, not all of us contribute now to see us survive, they contribute with a sense of ambition expecting the funds to really help us push on and compete with aspirations of getting into the Premier League again
which we should be capable of, no doubt about it.

So to see the cheap option being taken with the Crawford appointment was never going to go down well, an inexperienced manager with no track record and we want to go down the youth route, doesn’t sound like a great combination does it?

We absolutely need to watch over the finances, a no brainer, but I don’t want to just be a fan of a club and celebrate breaking even every season, I’m a fan, I dream of trophies, getting back into Europe competing in the top league and that’s how it should be. How often these days do we look at a cup draw and talk finances? Sod that, give me the easiest route to the final please and the money will then look after itself.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jan 22:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 22:10

At present all I want is not to be in the relegation zone.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 22:19

I have been paying the lifeline from day one and have never considered cancelling because of performance of the team or manager.

That's not to say I don't question why I'm paying it...

Maybe I've missed it but I think a more detailed breakdown each year of what it's actually been spent on would be nice. It's an income not all clubs have and communication could be better on how it's helping the club.

I also question if we'll ever not need a 'lifeline'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 21 Jan 22:55

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 00:38

I think Jeffery makes some fair points. On the question of where the money goes, Ross McArthur has explained at the Supporters' Council that the Lifeline income is not ring-fenced. However given that the Board has to meet things like utility bills or business rates, or VAT in any event (assuming we are not going to flirt with insolvency), then this income is pointed at the only 'discretionary' spend which the Club has -- player's wages. In my view, it is absolutely certain that the Lifeline has brought better players to East End Park over the past seven years than would otherwise have been here.

So, whatever we might feel about the performances on the park over a bad run, then stopping paying the Lifeline is counter-productive. It is likely to make that bad run longer (can we afford a new player?) or the resources available to a new manager less. For those reasons, I would ask BIG W, with the utmost politeness, to reconsider.

I admit that I am troubled by Renegade Master's post, since as it happens I was approached at the time we were coming out of administration, and did make an investment (or as my wife calls it a "donation") to the share capital base. Consequently I am very much aware that Ross McArthur spent a long time knocking on many doors asking for fresh funds at the time we were leaving Administration. About 35 individuals did contribute directly, plus the funding via the PST from about 800 folk, plus funding via several Supporters Clubs and their members. In the last seven years I have never heard any suggestion from anyone else that they were told that their money was not wanted. Far from it, from the shareholder meetings I have attended additional finance is very much sought. I am sorry that you feel snubbed and I am perplexed about how this came about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 01:28

It is entirely up to BIG W what he (assuming it's "he") does with his own money, and I can feel the pain in his OP.

Perhaps writing it was a way of rationalising to himself why he is taking an action he probably knows in his heart is damaging to the club he loves. Perhaps he feels helpless to do anything about the way in which he sees the club being run, and this is the only way he can make his voice heard.

But there does seem to be a belief that the CC Lifeline money gives DAFC a competitive advantage against other clubs - I suspect all it does is plug the gaps in necessary spending, and stops DAFC falling further behind promotion rivals with bigger budgets for players. If that is the case, then it up to the Board to explain this clearly and to manage fans' expectations of what that means for onfield achievement. Personally, I would have thought anywhere between 4th and 7th this year is about all that we could reasonably expect.

From this and several other threads on here, there seems to have been a breakdown in the communication between the Board and the fanbase, and that needs to be addressed. The mantra has always been "Pars United" and that needs to be restored - it's crazy to be pulling in different directions when we all want to get to the same place!

IMO it's a pity that (for whatever reason) we haven't had a meeting of the Supporters' Council recently - even though it wasn't always very well attended, it did provide an opportunity for fans to question Board members face-to-face, and for explanations to be given for decisions made. But if there is a meeting any time soon (I believe one may be planned) it will be up to fans to attend it.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Wed 22 Jan 09:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 06:44

I completely understand the hurt, anger and frustration, articulated by the OP, but like others, I think that putting it on this forum comes across as an attempt to gather support for his stance, to force the BoD's hand into firing the manager. Ironically, any drop in income could make it more difficult for the BoD to arrive at such a decision, since the club is obliged to live within its means because, as has been explained many times, we have no credit facilities. I believe therefore, that BigW would have been better to have kept his decision private.

Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club like | nolike
Date: Wed 22 Jan 00:38

''I admit that I am troubled by Renegade Master's post, since as it happens I was approached at the time we were coming out of administration, and did make an investment (or as my wife calls it a "donation") to the share capital base. Consequently I am very much aware that Ross McArthur spent a long time knocking on many doors asking for fresh funds at the time we were leaving Administration. About 35 individuals did contribute directly, plus the funding via the PST from about 800 folk, plus funding via several Supporters Clubs and their members. In the last seven years I have never heard any suggestion from anyone else that they were told that their money was not wanted. Far from it, from the shareholder meetings I have attended additional finance is very much sought. I am sorry that you feel snubbed and I am perplexed about how this came about.''

I share your dismay at this revelation, TRBFC and cannot begin to comprehend how this could have come about, who the Director in question is/was and how he could have acted against the best interests of our club. I would strongly urge RM to contact Drew Main, Andrew@dafc.co.uk, who will certainly listen to you sympathetically and perhaps plot a way out of this sorry episode, for the truth is that the Pars can ill afford to alienate good supporters like him.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 07:43

Quote:

parak obama, Tue 21 Jan 20:39

I don't see a submit button on that form. Anyone able to raise with the club?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 09:35

Quote:

jake89, Wed 22 Jan 07:43

Quote:

parak obama, Tue 21 Jan 20:39

I don't see a submit button on that form. Anyone able to raise with the club?

I've sent an email to lifeline@dafc.co.uk, probably best contact if looking to register

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 12:33

The problem with the lifeline form is being looked into

Looks like a server upgrade problem, will need investigated

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk

Post Edited (Wed 22 Jan 15:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 12:46

I am as disillusioned as the next Pars fan however I will continue to pay the lifeline.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 14:18

Without wishing to pontificate, if all lifeline members took the stance, as expressed in the OP, of cancelling their membership when things are going badly on the park, the sinking ship would sink even faster.

I keep mine on, and hope that others do the same, in the hope that one day we'll turn a corner.

I'm not comfortable with walking away, putting the onus on others to keep us afloat, only to return when/if we're good again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 14:27

It's very disappointing that some fans seem to feel the club only deserves their support when things are going well. Imagine where we'd be if everyone thought that way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 14:33

Curiosity to to OP what does W stand for
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 16:00

I’m sad reading Big W’s opening post. I’ve paid into the Lifeline since it’s inception. I, like many others I suspect, could see the games far enough just now - I’ve seen far, far worse ‘performances’ in the many decades I’ve been on this earth but these past couple of seasons have tested me greatly!

I listened to SC at the start of the season and told myself I’d be happy finishing mid table. I know we’re sitting 5th but God knows how going by performances! I’d also have preferred the managerial vacancy to have been open to applications rather than promoting from within after AJ left.

Having said all that I’ll continue to pay in. I’m sorry the OP feels the way he/she does and I would urge them to reconsider. I’m very far from a happy clapper - in fact I’m well scunnered! However, I’d feel far worse if the gates were shut for good.

PS. 4 in my family pay into the Lifeline, 3 have won a monthly prize.....yours truly has had heehaw!! Maybe Friday will be my turn.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnott  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 19:22

How many participants do the club still have? I seem to remember aiming for 1000 at one point.

Remember cheering for Macca?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 19:40

How’s this for an idea

I’d be willing to donate another fiver a month on top of my £20 lifeline, if there are others willing to do the same then we can do some good

If there are another x 3 who would do the same then we have another draw entry, if that draw entry was to win then that money goes into the coaching staff pot of funds to do with as they wish (eg currently this could be put towards a Teq Ball table) if we could find x 40 people willing to do this then the centenary club benefits to the tune of 10 x new entries (£2400 per year)

The club wins by having the £20, and potentially the coaching staff can build a wee pot of cash for “Nice To Have” items which are not in the budget

Can it be done admin wise by the Centenary Club? Are there people willing to match my £5 a month?

Sure there will be some people who want to criticise but to be honest I don’t really care, if you don’t like the idea then simply “move along, nothing to see here”

Post Edited (Wed 22 Jan 19:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 20:40

With all things DAFC, it’s a choice.

You can choose to go to games or contribute to the lifeline or indeed write an email stating why you don’t want to contribute.

Just wonder if it’s the most effective way to communicate your displeasure but each to their own.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SteviePar  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 21:09

1970par - yes, adding a top-up to your regular monthly payment as a donation would be absolutely fine if you wished to do that and would be gratefully accepted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 21:12

Thanks SteviePar, I take it you are on the Lifeline committee? There has been another person who has been in touch already saying they are willing to top up by a fiver

Anyone else?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SteviePar  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 22:18

1970par wrote:

> Thanks SteviePar, I take it you are on the Lifeline committee?
> There has been another person who has been in touch already
> saying they are willing to top up by a fiver
>
> Anyone else?

Thanks for suggesting the idea 1970par. Yeah, I’m on the committee.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 22 Jan 23:04

the online form has now been sorted.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Centenary_Club_LifEline&ID=8648

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 00:08

Quote:

Rigger Al, Wed 22 Jan 14:33

Curiosity to to OP what does W stand for

w⚓?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 00:59

1970par, you can add me into the extra £5/month CC Lifeline subscription. Let me know the mechanics of how it will be done.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 07:47

SteviePar, perhaps you could raise this as an initiative and start a promotional push with it

Don’t let those who disagree put you off though, keep in touch, my email addy is on my profile
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 09:29

Perhaps this thread was beneficial. I've got someone now looking to sign up. The form is fixed so all looking good 🙂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net