DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars Supporters Trust
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 19:58

The thread about the request for donations to buy a Teqball table got me thinking it might be an idea to let people know what the PST provide for the club.

For example, the PST recently got together with the Former Players Association to purchase a commercial dishwasher to make things a bit easier once the players have been catered for on a daily basis after training. On a similar theme, a couple of years ago we purchased a commercial fridge freezer to ensure compliance with the necessary hygiene standards where food is being prepared. We do this because that’s what we do…..we hold fund raising events throughout the year and when we’re asked to help out we’re in a position to do so. It means the DAFC budget can be used to cover the more obvious expenses you’d expect when it comes to running a football club. We also provide volunteers to help around the club. Virtually all of the stadium maintenance squad are PST members, as are the volunteers who work in the club shop/ticket office, and we help out at the start of each season when all the ‘Reserved’ seat stickers need to be updated in the three home stands.

We have around 350 paid up members who each pay £20 per year in membership fees. Some members generously give more throughout the year. In recent months the PST has organised a Murder Mystery Night, had a restaurant night at 1703 Kitchen & Grill and ran a Christmas raffle. These events alone have raised around £4.5k. But we don’t make a song and dance about it (perhaps we should), other than regular e-newsletters to our members or the odd article on COWS.

We also have the Margaret Ross Memorial Fund, set up 3 years ago after the untimely passing of our then Chair. This is used specifically to help the younger players in our squad following requests from their coach. In recent years we’ve helped send two of the youngsters to a training camp at Benfica, covered transport costs for the youth team to play away games against Newcastle and Sunderland, provided a contribution for them to buy good quality football boots and subscribed to the Development Club, set up to provide ring-fenced funds for the youth players and modern apprentices.

If you’d like to be part of the PST you can email me (andrew@dafc.co.uk), membership@parssupporterstrust.co.uk, or go to our website parssupporterstrust.co.uk.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars Supporters Trust
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 21:15

Excellent.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 21:39

I have tried to join, but unfortunately I am redirected to a a page which shows the website but doesn’t do anything. If I copy paste the link it just puts me back to the main site.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 21:54

Can you send me an email and I'll see if I can sort it out Duloch? andrew@dafc.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 23 Jan 22:26

Thanks for quick response, myself and son will be joining.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Fri 24 Jan 22:03

The PST like many organisations is a key part of DAFC life. There is no doubt it was central to keeping the Pars alive.

Today it is still a key player in supporting the Club.

For less than two pounds a month it remains the most pivotal place within the club for YOUR voice to be heard.

Together we are the PARS.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net