DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next 2 games
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 17:21

Queens and Patrick away. Pretty tough fixtures and given our lack of games in February we probably need a minimum of 4 points or we will likely be very close to the relegation spots come the Utd game at the end of the month.

Equally if we have any realistic expectations of finishing in the top 4 we need to improve our away form and take 4 or 6 points from these two games.

While we were good going forward last night I thought it was our best defensive performance in months. The return of Euan Murray, regardless almost of where he plays, is huge. We also have one of our best players this season in Lewis Martin to return. That said I would go with the same 11 as last night at Queens.

Here's hoping for 2 away wins to tee up a big game against Dundee Utd πŸ˜€

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next 2 games
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 17:33

We really should be looking to win both games. Hopefully Patrick haven’t gelled by then as they will start to pick up soon, I’d imagine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 17:36

both QOS and Partick lost today ! so I don't think we have anything to fear
We just need to be positive and turn up like spells last night against Dundee
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 17:59

Quote:

wulliepar57, Sat 25 Jan 17:36

both QOS and Partick lost today ! so I don't think we have anything to fear
We just need to be positive and turn up like spells last night against Dundee

Fackinell! One win and you're spreading complacency around like butter on hot toast, Wullie? I hope Crawford doesn't let you anywhere near training this week, or you'll have the team thinking they only need to turn up at Palmerston and Queens will roll over....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:01

How many times does it have to be said? - ''One game at a time''.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:13

Watching the game yesterday enlightened me - The team worked their socks off for each other, their manager and the fans.

They chased every ball, closed their man down and were first to the ball 75% of the time. They did not give Dundee a chance

Whatever Crawford did, it worked and he now needs to build momentum and instill that dogged spirit going into the next two games.

6 points are there for the taking if we maintain that spirit and the NW sing their hearts out. I would be happy with 4.

Good luck lads

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Sat 25 Jan 18:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:40

The NW are going to have to sing pretty loudly - both games are away from home! 😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:42

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 25 Jan 18:40

The NW are going to have to sing pretty loudly - both games are away from home! 😊😊😊

^^^^ I'm hoping they travel Wee Eck ,😁

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:44

That should save their tonsils a wee bit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:46

DunfyDave wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> The NW are going to have to sing pretty loudly - both games are
> away from home! 😊😊😊

>
> ^^^^ I'm hoping they travel Wee Eck ,😁
>
>

Some of the best atmospheres in recent years has been away from home, pars fans compressed into smaller areas than at home, notably Utd
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 18:51

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 25 Jan 18:46

DunfyDave wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> The NW are going to have to sing pretty loudly - both games are
> away from home! 😊😊😊

>
> ^^^^ I'm hoping they travel Wee Eck ,😁
>

Some of the best atmospheres in recent years has been away from home, pars fans compressed into smaller areas than at home, notably Utd

^^^ I was at the last Arab game in Dundee but had to sit with my Arab supporting cousin and have to agree that the spirit the Para support brought that day was immense. Their voices dominated.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 19:30

It’s quite astounding how one win can change the opinions of so many on here.
If we lose next week, it will be back to the usual guff

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 19:33

Nisbet should be encouraged to run at defenders more. That run and goal yesterday was exceptional.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 20:36

It was actually naΓ―ve defending. One of the Dundee players should have taken him out

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 21:17

Post Edited (Sun 26 Jan 08:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 22:28

Ref: GG Riva
Sat 25 Jan 17:59

<<< Fackinell! One win and you're spreading complacency around like butter on hot toast, Wullie? I hope Crawford doesn't let you anywhere near training this week, or you'll have the team thinking they only need to turn up at Palmerston and Queens will roll over.... >>>

Pretty much my feeling as well GGR. When I read the first three posts on this thread I thought, 'Good God.'

Ref: DunfyDave
Sat 25 Jan 19:33

<<< Nisbet should be encouraged to run at defenders more.>>>

Yesterday when I saw him run to SC I imagined Stevie before the match maybe had said something like that to him, i.e. run at defenders. To go to Stevie like that suggested to me that it wasn't spontaneous but there was a bond already there. It's maybe that our 'King Kev' is grateful for Stevie believing in him and bringing him to the club, and also for making it clear that he can see great things for him if he keeps working the way he is.

It was as if the team all appreciate Stevie and were sticking to a plan, the defending from the front, pressing and moving the ball purposefully.

I think the OP is right when he or she says the next two games look like 'tough fixtures.'

Post Edited (Sat 25 Jan 22:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 22:44

Ref: wulliepar57
Sat 25 Jan 21:17

<<< And as far as Crawford is concerned I am probably better than him at motivating people and getting the best out of them >>>

Any examples of your 'getting the best out of 'people'? Preferably footballers of a football club comparable in size to DAFC?

Post Edited (Sat 25 Jan 22:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 25 Jan 23:07

Quote:

wulliepar57, Sat 25 Jan 21:17

GGRiva
If you read my post correctly
It's not about turning up and we will win !
We need to turn up and put the effort in to win the game !
And as far as Crawford is concerned I am probably better than him at motivating people and getting the best out of them
So let's not be negative ! Yes one win in 6 but I have always believed we are as good as other teams in this league so cmon ye Pars

Comrie, Martin, Murray, Dow, Kiltie, Nisbet.....there’s a few I’d say Crawford gets the best out off
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 06:16

Quote:

wulliepar57, Sat 25 Jan 21:17

GGRiva
And as far as Crawford is concerned I am probably better than him at motivating people and getting the best out of them
So let's not be negative ! Yes one win in 6 but I have always believed we are as good as other teams in this league so cmon ye Pars

Ah Wullie, I have a wee confession to make. I interpreted your post correctly enough and was just making a bit of mischief. I didn't add a πŸ˜‰, just to keep you guessing as to whether I was being serious or not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 07:42

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sat 25 Jan 22:28

Ref: GG Riva
Sat 25 Jan 17:59

<<< Fackinell! One win and you're spreading complacency around like butter on hot toast, Wullie? I hope Crawford doesn't let you anywhere near training this week, or you'll have the team thinking they only need to turn up at Palmerston and Queens will roll over.... >>>

Pretty much my feeling as well GGR. When I read the first three posts on this thread I thought, 'Good God.'

Sat 25 Jan 19:33

<<< Nisbet should be encouraged to run at defenders more.>>>

Yesterday when I saw him run to SC I imagined Stevie before the match maybe had said something like that to him, i.e. run at defenders. To go to Stevie like that suggested to me that it wasn't spontaneous but there was a bond already there. It's maybe that our 'King Kev' is grateful for Stevie believing in him and bringing him to the club, and also for making it clear that he can see great things for him if he keeps working the way he is.

It was as if the team all appreciate Stevie and were sticking to a plan, the defending from the front, pressing and moving the ball purposefully.

I think the OP is right when he or she says the next two games look like 'tough fixtures.'

^^^ Apologies to Onanduothepars, I should have written my thoughts better in hindsight. I wasn't being negative in my comment that Nisbet should run at defenders.

On the contrary, what I meant was is that it obviously works and hopefully encouraged more.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 10:22

FAO WULLIEPAR57

Sat 25 Jan 21:17

<<< as far as Crawford is concerned I am probably better than him at motivating people and getting the best out of them >>>

Ref: onandupthepars
Sat 25 Jan 22_44

<<< Any examples of your 'getting the best out of 'people'? Preferably footballers of a football club comparable in size to DAFC? >>>

Ref: JamesAndrew74
Date: Sat 25 Jan 23:07

<<<Comrie, Martin, Murray, Dow, Kiltie, Nisbet.....there’s a few I’d say Crawford gets the best out of>>>

Come on now Wullie, it's one thing to question someone's ability to motivate, but quite another to suggest that you're better at it.

Ref:wulliepar57, Sat 25 Jan 21:17

<<<GGRiva
So let's not be negative ! Yes one win in 6 but I have always believed we are as good as other teams in this league so cmon ye Pars>>>

Ref:GG Riva Sun 26 Jan 06_16
Ah Wullie, I have a wee confession to make. I interpreted your post correctly enough and was just making a bit of mischief. I didn't add a πŸ˜‰, just to keep you guessing as to whether I was being serious or not.

Mind, when you've got GG RIva massaging your ego...

Post Edited (Sun 26 Jan 10:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 10:48

''Mind, when you've got GG RIva massaging your ego...''

No chance I'll ever massage ego's wullie, oautp........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 11:01

I go back to my view from another thread... This shows we have some good players and when they do well and it clicks (and the opposition can't combat our approach to the game) we do well.
However we did slip into our usual standing off and giving the opposition the ball unimpeded to the 35 yard line (but thankfully snapped out of it after about 5 mins and they were too poor to capitalise :)
IMHO our problem is we don't seem to have much tactically when it doesn't work (and I don't mean changing personnel to do the same role) and when it doesn't work we retreat deeper and deeper and resort to hoofing it route 1.
I was pleased to see the players rally round stevie who I'm sure is a great guy and good with the squad... and saying he appears tactically naive or sometimes doesn't know how to use his resources to combat the tactical changes /set up /successes of the other team doesn't change that. (and perhaps we too have to recognise that the guys that can do that earn the big bucks in other leagues - so just as its unrealistic to have messi playing for the DA, it's just as unrealistic having Klopp in the dugout!)
So obviously delighted with the result and like everyone else on here, would love to see the same thing play out over the next few games so we can at the very least stop looking over our shoulder and focus on the teams above
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 11:41

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Sun 26 Jan 10:48

<<<''Mind, when you've got GG RIva massaging your ego...''

No chance I'll ever massage ego's wullie, oautp........>>>

Perish the thought πŸ˜‰

I guess maybe you know oor Wullie, but after his remark that's tantamount to suggesting he'd be better than Stevie at Stevie's job, does he wear a bunnet the size o' Sammy the Tammy's?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 12:02

Ref: DBP
Sun 26 Jan 11:01

Yeh that business of 'standing off', it's obvious it doesn't work for us and I was impressed that, although we had great difficulty getting the ball off them for the first half hour or so, we didn't give up pressing then. Has it got something to do with having an 'out ball' - likes of Dow, Thomas and 'King Kev' always being available to receive it, and Paton and Devine were getting up the park as well.

I noticed at one point Paton positioning himself to work a wee triangle and get past them instead of hoofing and that suggests they're gelling. If they can just keep their shape - you see it on Football focus - like there's a bit of stretchy elastic on two groups of four.

Hunting in packs and when we've got possession, always keeping close enough to pass to our own players, unless there's a long ball on, or a need to hoof to row Z.

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jan 10:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 14:01

I like the banter onandupthepars, GG Riva

I guess maybe you know oor Wullie, but after his remark that's tantamount to suggesting he'd be better than Stevie at Stevie's job, does he wear a bunnet the size o' Sammy the Tammy's?
again changing the words for your own amusement ,I commented that i could motivate better didn't say anything about being better than Craw as manager
But hey ho if it amuses you carry on as i do have large shoulders to let it slide off LOL
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jan 22:48

Sun 26 Jan 14:01

<<< I commented that i could motivate better didn't say anything about being better than Craw as manager>>>

Come on now Wullie you made the claim:

<<< I am probably better than him at motivating people and getting the best out of them>>>

Would that not be two of, if not THE main aims of a football manager? And if you were better at them than him, would that not make you a better manager than him?

So have you got any supporting evidence, now at the third time of asking?

Or do I have tae gi'e ye the 'Sammy the Tammy Bunnet award'?

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jan 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 10:21

And the winner of this month's STB award is......

Wulliepar57 !

The Sammy the Tammy Bunnet award is only given to dotnetters wi' a heid size 35 inches or bigger.

Quote: 'I do have large shoulders.'

We know why.

Glad you like the banter. 😊
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 11:23

Sun 26 Jan 07:42

<<< Apologies to Onanduothepars, I should have written my thoughts better in hindsight. I wasn't being negative in my comment that Nisbet should run at defenders.

On the contrary, what I meant was is that it obviously works and hopefully encouraged more. >>>

Sorry Dave, I wasn't sure what to say in response.

There wasn't any need for you to apologise to me. I was just giving our manager some credit. I mean Kev wouldn't have run to him if they didn't have an excellent rapport.

I think Stevie will keep encouraging him more.

Kev's body language was great. I think he really loves to please us and is really happy here. No sign of him thinking he'd rather be somewhere else.

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jan 11:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 12:06

Onandupthepars
You have to like the banter on here !
It's mandatory !
Like yourself I can give it and take it and not be offended !
Too old and long in the tooth
It's also nice to receive an award
So when can I get my bunnet ? Lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 14:40

You must be a sight. A right auld geezer wi' a huge heid and one abnormally long tooth.

Don't think you can sidestep the issue by making me laugh!

Alright, I've said my piece. You're not gonna take it back. so you get the award but nae bunnet for the simple reason, if you wore a bunnet your heid would never shrink. It needs the cauld air to shrink it back tae normal. Lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 18:11

onandupthepars if only everyone could take the banter like you and me and keep it in the context it's meant to be , this forum would benefit from this
and don't quote me on this LOL
like yourself I am pars through and through , been supporting them for around 55 years now , seen a lot of ups and downs in that time and I dare say we will see lots's more , all the best to you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 19:33

Wullie - Well done. πŸ‘

I read out some o' the posts tae ma wife and she's glad we ended up laughin'.
It gave me a reason tae show her pictures o' Sammy the Tammy and I read her the Dunfermline Press report of his 'tank' episode v Raith Rovers. Lol.

I said 'We've got the best fitba' team song and the best mascot, pity we've no' got the best team - yet.'

All the best

Peace and Lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 19:46

onandupthepars I totally agree with you about mascot and song
as for the team , we are slowly getting there often in games there are glimpses of what we are capable off , we just need to add consistency but with the experience the young players are getting this season we should hit the ground running next year as most are on a 2 year contract and will still be Pars players , we might not be able to hold onto Nesbit if we are offered the right money , but on the other hand the cash might be spent wisely bringing the right player in ,
a nice win this saturday will cancel out one of Queen of the south's games in hand
no doubt our paths will cross in the future , until then all the Best and may health be with you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 20:11

You two should start your own forum; there would never be any fall-outs!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 20:30

Lol Wee Eck
We keep things in the right context just friendly banter and how it should be , by the way i read most of your posts and can see your like us , You give your honest opinion as how you see things at the time , which i have noticed ruffles a few feathers , so you are welcome to join our Forum Eck Lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 20:36

No fawin oot wi awbodi, it’ll ne’er catch oan
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 20:43

Gettin' on wi' folk sure beats feelin' lonesome!
I just gave Rasta a like! (Afolabi thread)

I'm just gettin' ma Dobbie voodoo doll out.

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jan 20:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 21:01

kinda have a good feeling about the queens game....we don't draw many games and there's more pressure on them so fancy we'll sneak it 2-1. Almost feel like we will go onto win 3-4 in a row then have another long run without a win to drg us back in, its been that kind of season.

With dobbie Queens will so much more upfront than dundee thought so Gill might be tested. I think every other tem in the league would have put up more of a fight than that dundee team but we played well too so it was comfortable in the end.

Keep waiting for patick to come good but its just not happened but think that's the harder of the 2 games.....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 06:54

Topic Originator: Berkey like | nolike
Date: Mon 27 Jan 21:01

kinda have a good feeling about the queens game....

You've got me worried now, Berkey...... :-(

I like you better when you're your usual gloomy self - I wouldn't want you to jinx us with your new found optimism. ;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 07:51

Don’t worry GG, I think queens will be a lot harder a game than Dundee was, they just didn’t turn up but expect AJ will have queens focussed on this one!

We could go there and win 3-0 and we could go there and lose 3-0!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2020 -- DAFC.net