DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tony Watt
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 11:44

The Sun (I know) are reporting that us and St Mirren are interested.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tony Watt
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:03

Suspect there's not much chance of this happening but a far better option than Steven McLean.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:14

If its a choice, then St Mirren is a no brainer for him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:17

Another Robbie Muirhead. No thanks

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:25

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 27 Jan 13:03

Suspect there's not much chance of this happening but a far better option than Steven McLean.

Watt a better option than Steven McLean? If we are looking for a good professional that is going to give our young players someone to look up to and learn from then better a player that has worked hard to get where he is than a waster who has blown every chance he has had in my opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:35

Dont get me wrong he's a roaster but as I said on the McLean thread I think he's done.

I wouldn't want to sign either of them tbh but if it was a straight choice between the two (which I was basing my comment on) I'd take the one with the greater potential even with the baggage rather than the one on the way out.

If we want the attributes you've mentioned (all of which probably apply to McLean) then we should think about offering McLean a coaching role rather than a playing role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:38

I don’t for a minute think Tony Watt will be coming to us - he has however played over 250 games for clubs at a pretty good level - not too shabby for a 26 year old so called “waster”.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jan 13:52

I think waster was a touch harsh but I can see where RSP is coming from. It feels like Watt's never quite reached his potential even though he's played for quite a few decent teams as you say.

His career is also on a bit of a downward trajectory though so the next move could be crucial for him. If he screws the nut he could be a player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net