DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stay stay Nissie
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 13:33

All this 'take the money' talk. Are we forgetting Oor Kev has only been playing at this level for two thirds of a season? Shouldn't we encourage him to stay at least another season for the sake of his own development?

Kev - stay where you're loved! And who knows, if the Pars runaway with the league next year. we win the cup, you marry a lovely Dunfermline girl...

Yes I can see the future - three blue moons in a row...

Post Edited (Tue 28 Jan 13:41)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stay stay Nissie
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 13:44

The problem with that is that a year from now he would be able to start negotiations to leave for nothing at the end of his contract unless you can get him to sign a new one. If he really is attracting the kind if attention that is being rumoured his best move would be to run down his contract, take a % of what should have been a transfer fee as a signing on fee and move on for more money.

I dont think anyone wants him to go but it's going to be extremely difficult to keep him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 14:12

Ref: londonparsfan
Tue 28 Jan 13:44

<<< I dont think anyone wants him to go but it's going to be extremely difficult to keep him. >>>

Yeh but, when I read the idea he might go to Dundee United and play against us - it was like being at the dentist and she's drillin' and just hit a nerve Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

We're coming up with worst case scenarios but I'd rather hear some best case ones.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 14:14

Somebody suggested he might go to Hibs and get loaned back tae us.* That's better. Any advance on that?

*Bye bye Nisbet thread: davepars
Sat 25 Jan 01:24

Post Edited (Tue 28 Jan 14:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 14:15

Bigger picture though. If he does go (won’t be in this window, it’ll be the next) and it’s to a real big club for plenty cash, what an attraction to other players to come to east end for a big season before they themselves progress. Win win.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 14:38

Ref: rossmcno1
Tue 28 Jan 14:15

<<<to a real big club for plenty cash,what an attraction to other players to come to east end >>>

OK I'll hold ontae that thought Ross. It seems a bit tenuous but it's better than being at the dentist!

I'd still prefer less cash and a loan-back rather than lose him outright.

Post Edited (Tue 28 Jan 14:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 15:00

OK.

Best case.

1 He extends his contract in the summer
2 We sell him to a Scottish Premiership club, but with a loan back next season
3 We win the league next year and he scores a barrel load
4 He has half a season playing for Hibs, Hearts or whoever, but refuses to play against us
5 He gets snapped up by an English Premiership club
6 We have a sell on clause, so the Pars make 5m when he gets sold for 50m
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 15:02

Depending on whether he has any clauses in his contract we might not have any say on the fee or when he leaves unfortunately.After all he did have a release clause with the Rovers so you can only think his agent will have negotiated similar with us.

Worst case scenario is he joins one of the ugly sisters, doesn't get any game time, his contract runs down and any sell-on fee goes up in smoke for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 16:45

“Depending on whether he has any clauses in his contract we might not have any say on the fee or when he leaves unfortunately.After all he did have a release clause with the Rovers so you can only think his agent will have negotiated similar with us.”

Great point Parathletic, as has been said on another thread, everyone’s getting a bit ahead of themselves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 17:49

Ref: BlackLight
Tue 28 Jan 15:00

<<< OK.

Best case.

1 He extends his contract in the summer
2 We sell him to a Scottish Premiership club, but with a loan back next season
3 We win the league next year and he scores a barrel load
4 He has half a season playing for Hibs, Hearts or whoever, but refuses to play against us
5 He gets snapped up by an English Premiership club
6 We have a sell on clause, so the Pars make 5m when he gets sold for 50m >>>

Wow. That's more like it Blacklight. That's some imagination, the kind I like.

Mind, I think allparone has a point that <<< everyone’s getting a bit ahead of themselves >>>

I think for the sake of my own mood, I'll opt out of the speculation and just enjoy oor 'King Kev' while he's here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 18:24

Since I restarted watching the Pars, Kevin Nisbet is by far the most accomplished forward I have seen in the shirt. His all-round game is very strong, and he is such an intelligent player, as others have pointed out. I am a little comforted that we got him on a 2-year contract (great work, whoever managed that one), but it is also true to say that natural goalscorers (especially those playing in a team that isn't top of the league) are going to attract a lot of attention. English clubs have money to burn and will pay top wages, and I agree with others who say that Kevin will develop greatly in the next few years. As gambles go, signing him would not be a big one.

So, Pars fans, enjoy him while you can. That's especially targeted at those fans who may be hurting the club financially just now by staying away because they don't rate the management and coaching team. A good way to show the BoD that we don't want them to accept a low offer for Kevin would be to turn up in greater numbers and boost the finances as well as the team.

Meanwhile, I hope we get by this week !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 18:42

Quote:

ReturningParsFan, Tue 28 Jan 18:24

So, Pars fans, enjoy him while you can. That's especially targeted at those fans who may be hurting the club financially just now by staying away because they don't rate the management and coaching team. A good way to show the BoD that we don't want them to accept a low offer for Kevin would be to turn up in greater numbers and boost the finances as well as the team.

Well put, RPF!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 28 Jan 19:21

Perhaps if more went back to EEP we might be in a better place to offer him a better and slightly longer contract.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net