DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Confidential Information
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 13:53

Without giving too much away, from time to time our club may be involved in some delicate negotiations. Naturally, it is better to keep these under wraps until everything is completed and legally binding.

A few dotnetters, may have friends who work for the club or are able to get some inside information, which our club would prefer not to be made public. An obvious example could be a transfer target. Making it public that a player was available at an affordable price could alert rival clubs, who might make a better offer and we lose the player or are forced to match the offer to secure his signature.

I understand that some folk get a wee kick out of revealing a "scoop" before it is officially announced by the club, but I would appeal to anyone who is tempted to do this to remember you are a Pars fan - do you really want to do something which could potentially hurt our club, just so you can make an "I can exclusively reveal" announcement, a la Chic Young?

I would also appeal to anyone who is close to the club and learns about a confidential discussion, not to confide it to anyone else, as some folk are just incapable of keeping anything secret.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Confidential Information
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 14:06

Are employees of the club not required to sign confidentiality agreements like in other lines of work?

The club seems to conduct transfers in the right way but IF anyone is getting inside information you would have to question the professionalism of those conducting the discussions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 14:28

I am not saying to anyone we have moved for Kylian Mbappe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 15:22

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 30 Jan 14:06

Are employees of the club not required to sign confidentiality agreements like in other lines of work?

The club seems to conduct transfers in the right way but IF anyone is getting inside information you would have to question the professionalism of those conducting the discussions.

Indeed, I'm one of many volunteers who help out the Pars in a variety of ways and we were all asked to sign one.

I didn't start this thread on a whim. I care about my club very much. I don't know how some posters are coming by their information, but you have to think either they are involved with the club or they're friendly with someone who is.

Either way it is regrettable that they choose to spraff stuff on here for a few seconds of fame.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 15:34

I got some info about an offer made to a player, not from the club but indirectly from one of my kids coaches who is friends with the players father.
I didn't want to jeopardise it so kept it to myself.
Too many clowns on here are all "look at me, look at me."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 15:45

Do you know something we don't, GGR? 😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 15:50

I know. I wish I hadn’t posted about Leigh Griffiths. Probably blew the deal

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 15:57

Exactly why we have been more inquisitive as admin and carding folk

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 16:31

I was reading your OP GGRiva and in my head I was whispering it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 17:38

Quite enjoy my annual prophecy regarding our star signing each Summer so I'll continue this trend in years to come.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/save-the-bronze-bar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 17:48

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 30 Jan 15:45

Do you know something we don't, GGR? 😊😊😊

My lips are sealed, wee Eck. ☺

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 19:42

Leaving all the joking aside,the OP by GG Riva could hardly be more pertinent.

There have been times I have been very concerned at the tiny minority of fans who have raced onto the Forum with an "exclusive".

It is a very different matter when,like today with Owain ,the media were openly speculating

The Club should start by looking at those folk at the Club who knew we were interested in Player X or Y.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 21:22

Thank you for posting that GG 👍😁

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 21:25

All part of the rich tapestry of the forum. Rumor and speculation keeps it interesting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 21:37

The original point from GG is very important.

I have a source that gives me information from the club.

I always check that it’s on the official site before I comment on it.

Why?

If I leak info about a potential target it may compromise the deal & more importantly it’s the last bit of info I’ll be getting!

Think about the club before you post - It’s understandably tempting but also maybe damaging.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 21:44

Anyone in a position in the club that may hear any of this type of chat has to sign a non disclosure. Poor show from anyone that’s then leaking.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 22:09

I'm not keen on folk posting things that should be private either.

However, the more disappointing thing is that this kind of sensitive information is allowed to get out in the first place. For anything that is sensitive, surely only a small number of people directly involved at DAFC should know about it? And surely this small group of people should be keeping it to themselves, rather than talking about it to their friends and immediate family? Maybe this would be a good time for those with a genuine involvement to start setting an example by keeping their own mouths shut as it's far easier to stop information at source rather than tell others on the proviso that they won't tell anyone else.

While I get that many of those actively involved give their time to DAFC for nothing, that in its self is not a justification. In voluntary work that I do, people often tell me very intimate details of difficult situations that can be difficult to hear - sometimes it can get to me and it would help to talk to family about some of it. But I don't, because it would be wrong to do so and because it isn't allowed. Once keeping quiet becomes your default position, it generally isn't too hard, as people stop asking you when they realise you won't tell them.

People involved in the running of DAFC can rightly feel irritated when others blurt out things that shouldn't be made public, but a look closer to home might also be in order.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 22:50

Im not so sure I believe all the rumors on here. I doubt that clubs agents or scouts are scouring football forums to speculate on who is signing who. I suspect they have better things to do.

Post Edited (Thu 30 Jan 22:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 23:17

Rumours from lourenzos?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 30 Jan 23:36

It comes out one way or the other, whether it’s from someone close to DAFC or the opposition that we’re speaking to, it’s inevitable and the main driver for all the transfer rumours around.

If you want to eliminate it, needs nipped in the bud at source, if a fan has heard of the news then whoever it is at the club that’s let it slip is accountable, the odds are if one has heard then the news has cast wider than just that person.

Advising fans to hold their tongue is a little harsh in my opinion, fan of the club that gets some inside info that they are dying to discuss, they aren’t going to think, no I would put this transfer at risk which in all honesty I think is a little dramatic.

In previous times I’ve heard stories about Murdoch, Hopkirk, about Williamson not renewing his contract before the season was out and I’m not even close to anyone from DAFC it’s just naturally come from word of mouth from others that the news has already been released to.

Position we’re in is we’re signing young players and we’ve just signed a keeper surplus to requirements at Hamilton, we’re not targeting the cream of the crop here that loads of clubs are going to be after that we can’t compete with.

That’s not me saying we’re signing poor players, and I understand the sentiment of keeping your mouth shut, but we’re fans, we want to talk about the club and get excited about rumours, the day I sit and work through the clubs end of year finances in fine detail and not talk about heard rumours is a day I’d start to go off the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 02:33

<<Im not so sure I believe all the rumors on here. I doubt that clubs agents or scouts are scouring football forums to speculate on who is signing who. I suspect they have better things to do.>>

You are way off the mark, Indiapar. Many sports agencies and not a few newspapers pay people "finders fees" to feed them gossip from the football club forums. You can bet your house that there are one or two guys on here making a quid from it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 06:16

Our BOD have a few hangers on who delight in being the ones "in the know".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 07:07

''Exactly why we have been more inquisitive as admin and carding folk.''

Aye, there was one post in particular, which was deleted in double quick time, which should not have been made public, which moved me to post this appeal to fellow Pars fans. It was not meant to be dramatic, just a plea for folk to think before they post something which may be sensitive.

There are many examples. In the OP, I used a possible transfer target, but supposing you'd heard that e.g. Nisbet was injured in training and wouldn't be playing tomorrow. Would you want to post it on here and give AJ plenty of time to come up with different tactics? If the club is happy to let everyone know, they'll put it on COWS as Angus W says above.

I do agree that the first responsibility is that of those close to the club, but just because someone tells us something (and probably stresses that you keep it to yourself) it doesn't mean we should go out and do the exact opposite.

''I'm not so sure I believe all the rumors on here. I doubt that clubs agents or scouts are scouring football forums to speculate on who is signing who. I suspect they have better things to do.''

Who knows, India? Maybe they do and maybe they don't, but journalists have to fill up their column inches on a daily basis somehow. It makes sense to keep any sensitive/confidential info which you learn of to yourself in any case, in my humble one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 07:31

I don't know about Scouts and Agents scouring clubs' fans' Forums but Journalists certainly do.

Tabloids have column inches to fill.They also feed off each other.

Of course a player's Agent would never sink so low as to plant a story about clubs queuing up for their client's signature.

God forbid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 01:24

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Thu 30 Jan 15:34

I got some info about an offer made to a player, not from the club but indirectly from one of my kids coaches who is friends with the players father.
I didn't want to jeopardise it so kept it to myself.
Too many clowns on here are all "look at me, look at me."

The one I was told about was that we had enquired about getting Harry Cochrane back on loan again from Hearts. Harry's dad wanted him to go on loan to an English club who had also enquired.
Not heard if he has gone anywhere though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 07:29

Earlier this week, I was contacted by the club. They were looking to bring in a player who does not have much English and wondered if I might be able to help, or knew someone who could. I gave the club a contact number of a friend who is fluent in that player's first language.

At approx the same time, our very own tabloid journalist, EEP, (the ex pro) put up a post on the forum which was deleted almost immediately by Admin. I didn't see it, but reading between the lines, it was almost certainly a reference to the player the Pars were hoping to sign.

In the event, my friend wasn't needed by the club and the player wasn't signed. The club didn't specifically ask me to keep this information confidential, but I felt it was the right thing to do. Had they wanted to make it public, the appeal could have been made on social media.

EEP almost certainly has a ''source'' inside EEP. This person will hopefully be able to work out who he is and hopefully tell him nowt from now on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 09:13

Lol....I'm assuming it is Haitian Creole that you're fluent in? 🤪

Good on you for dealing with the information in the right way.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Feb 09:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 09:54

Very cryptic GGRiva and the “source” will no doubt be aware he/she has been rumbled

EEP will be devastated
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 11:21

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sat 1 Feb 09:13

Lol....I'm assuming it is Haitian Creole that you're fluent in? 🤪

Good on you for dealing with the information in the right way.

Well Eeepsweech, mai italiano ees quait guud and ai speek un poquito de español, bat mai francaise ees joost laik "Allo, Allo".... 😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Feb 12:42

GG. 'Looking to bring in a player that doesn't have much English'. He wasn't by any chance from the Lochgelly area and the interpreter's number you gave was for big Leish. I think you've been rumbled

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net