DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kamberi to Rangers...if they can get a replacement
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 15:51

Sky Sports Scotland
@ScotlandSky
·
1m
➡️BREAKING: Rangers agree Kamberi deal

Rangers have agreed a loan deal with Hibs for Florian Kamberi.

The striker is in Glasgow & awaiting clearance to sign until the end of the season.

The move may not be finalised until Hibs find a replacement.

C'mon Ye Pars!

Post Edited (Fri 31 Jan 15:52)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kamberi to Rangers...if they can get a replacement
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:05

I can't understand why any club would loan one of its (presumably) better players to a direct rival, even if there's a clause to prevent him playing against his parent club. Are Hibs keen for Therangers to win their first ever Premiership title?

Maybe some could enlighten me?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:23

It's an odd one. Reading the Hibs fans page on PnB they seem to indicate that the lad himself expressed a desire to move to the Rangers
I dont like the phrase that this is agreed subject to " Hibs finding a replacement". That sounds ominous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:38

Quote:

wetherby, Fri 31 Jan 16:23

It's an odd one. Reading the Hibs fans page on PnB they seem to indicate that the lad himself expressed a desire to move to the Rangers
I dont like the phrase that this is agreed subject to " Hibs finding a replacement". That sounds ominous.

Ah, that makes some sense. Wasn't Kamberi roundly abused by Neil Lennon during a Hibs training session? Apparently this resulted in a fall out between Lennon and Leeann Dempster, culminating in the manager's sacking. If the abuse was as bad as was reported at the time, Kamberi would derive great satisfaction in wresting the title from Lennon and Sellick.....

Still makes no sense from a Hibs angle, all the same......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:39

Hibs fans saying they now want to sign McNulty and Nisbet which I just can't see. I would be highly surprised to see us sell Nisbet, especially if we don't have another striker lined up. Also most of their fanbase seem to be unaware our two other strikers are unproven youngsters and we can't be sent a player on loan. It would have to be a monumental offer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:44

Hibs dont have monumental money and we won't let him go just to help them out. We need the guy to finish the season with us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: smithy  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 16:47

Think they will sign mcnulty instead of nizzy tbh

smithy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 17:09

Sunderland have cancelled his contract and he is back to reading leaving it open for hibs return.
Kamberi isn't playing that much, so makes sense to trim wage bill - hibs and rangers are not exactly rivals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 17:10

Doidge is the one doing the business in front of goal right now. I’m pretty sure hibs would rather have him and mcnulty instead of Kamberi.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 17:54

Quote:

dafc, Fri 31 Jan 17:09

Kamberi isn't playing that much, so makes sense to trim wage bill - hibs and rangers are not exactly rivals.

So if he's not a regular starter for Hibs, he'd be likely to get even more skelfs in his @r$e at Ibrox?

Now further up this thread it says that Kamberi told Hibs he wanted to go to Govan and - hey presto - Therangers come in with a loan bid. Something smells here.

Not sure what you mean when you say "Hibs and Rangers are not exactly rivals", dafc. Team's playing in the same league are competing for the same trophies - therefore they are rivals, by definition.

As long as it doesn't mean we lose Nisbet as a result of Kamberi moving to Ibrox, I don't give a stuff. I don't want to see the Sellick win the Premiership yet again, but I don't want Therangers to win it either......

Sadly, no one else is going to win it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 18:16

BBC saying Greg Docherty might move from Rangers to Hibs as part of the deal. Isn't he a midfielder though?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 18:21

Hard on the heels of Defoe signing a new deal, this feels like a strange choice for Rangers - it’s not going to have Neil Lennon quaking in his boots.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 18:25

Defoe is injured. This might be as cover for him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 18:28

Quote:

dd23, Fri 31 Jan 18:25

Defoe is injured. This might be as cover for him.

And their other striker is perma-suspended lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 19:31

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 31 Jan 17:54

Quote:

dafc, Fri 31 Jan 17:09

So if he's not a regular starter for Hibs, he'd be likely to get even more skelfs in his @r$e at Ibrox?

Now further up this thread it says that Kamberi told Hibs he wanted to go to Govan and - hey presto - Therangers come in with a loan bid. Something smells here.

Not sure what you mean when you say "Hibs and Rangers are not exactly rivals", dafc. Team's playing in the same league are competing for the same trophies - therefore they are rivals, by definition.

As long as it doesn't mean we lose Nisbet as a result of Kamberi moving to Ibrox, I don't give a stuff. I don't want to see the Sellick win the Premiership yet again, but I don't want Therangers to win it either......

Sadly, no one else is going to win it.

Would like to see the Bhoys win 10 in a row, that's what the NewGers and the OO most want to avoid
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 31 Jan 20:29

the therangers will be offloading a midfielder because they have signed Ianis Hagi on loan from Gent with options to buy in summer

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Fri 31 Jan 20:30)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net