DAFC.net
Home 17 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights QoS
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:01

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First+Team&D=2020-02-01&ID=1212&h=1

Highlights up now

SC at 2pm

Gabby McGill at 4pm

from the ParsTV team

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk

Post Edited (Sun 02 Feb 11:01)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights QoS
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:20

Clear penalty with the Michael Paton hand ball, we don't seem to get those but we get them given against us... Terrific header by Devine and a player that can actually take a set piece, what a difference. Looks to me like the ref got their penalty correct, Ashcroft takes him out before getting the ball. The Comrie decision though, absolutely farcical officiating. Terrific win for the boys, a really important 3 points to keep us at the right end of the table

Post Edited (Sun 02 Feb 11:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:25

Quote:

king lad, Sun 2 Feb 11:20

Clear penalty with the Michael Paton hand ball, we don't seem to get those but we get them given against us... Terrific header by Devine and a player that can actually take a set piece, what a difference. Looks to me like the ref got their penalty correct, Ashcroft takes him out before getting the ball. The Comrie decision though, absolutely farcical officiating. Terrific win for the boys, a really important 3 points to keep us at the right end of the table

Comrie dived
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:33

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 2 Feb 11:25

Quote:

Comrie dived

I think he was more anticipating contact than diving plus he actually puts a cross in when he's off balance, it's not like he knocked it past him then tried to dive over. Just seems a weird decision to give a dive there rather than play on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:43

Certainly wasn't a dive - not sure that is why the free kick was given anyway. A lot of the decisions baffled me at that game!!!

Another one that wasn't on the highlights was when the keeper kicked a pass back straight out of play and got a throw in for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 11:52

Ref was a clown all day
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:06

Ashcroft looked all over the QOS defender for the winner, although he never complained.

Great result!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:11

I'm surprised he didn't give a foul against Ashcroft for leaning on the defender at the winning goal. It would have been harsh though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:14

Quote:

king lad, Sun 2 Feb 11:33

Quote:

Quote:

Comrie dived

I think he was more anticipating contact than diving plus he actually puts a cross in when he's off balance, it's not like he knocked it past him then tried to dive over. Just seems a weird decision to give a dive there rather than play on.

"anticipating contact" = dive.
He was on his way down when both queen's players were atleast a yard away from him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:16

Napier's performance at Alloa was questionable to say the least, that yesterday was a whole new level although not solely to blame, the assistant giving the Comrie decision...wow!

good reactions from McGill for his goal, that should give him a big boost and some header from Devine too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:21

Also, Afolabi's header off the bar just before Gabby's goal showed very good technique. There's a player there; just needs to get up to speed with the men's game. And that shouldn't take very long.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:29

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 2 Feb 12:14

Quote:

king lad, Sun 2 Feb 11:33

Quote:

Quote:

Comrie dived

"anticipating contact" = dive.
He was on his way down when both queen's players were atleast a yard away from him.

Anticipating contact does not always equal diving, it's trying to protect yourself, if Comrie stays upright he runs straight into the player and puts himself at risk of injury especially on that pitch. He's also trying to get his body and foot around the ball to play it in for Nisbet whilst off balance.

Post Edited (Sun 02 Feb 12:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:32

Isn't 'diving' a yellow card offence? Comrie wasn't shown one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:43

Great header from Devine
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 12:51

It was, wetherby, - a great run and a brilliantly executed header. I think we benefited from a makeshift QOS defence which included Wilson, on loan from Killie, who is usually a midfielder and Danny's namesake who is another recent loanee I think..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 14:33

I'm not convinced the free kick was given for a dive either. Having said that, Oliver went down looking for a free kick a few times and on one occasion the ref told him to get up, but chose not to book him. At least there is a bit of consistency there in the game if Comrie was being called for a dive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 16:10

I thought the ref was going to give a foul at the Ashcroft goal. Noticed at the time he didn’t point to the centre circle, thought he was waiting to see if the linesman would give the foul. Happily they were both consistently useless.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 16:44

Im pretty sure if Ashcroft had impeded the defender he would have claimed a foul. He didnt even flinch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 17:21

Is the ref the same one from Alloa away? He likes to give soft pens against us and
not see stonewallers for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 17:34

Players seem to get away with having their arms draped over opponents when they are heading the ball. As long as the player is not getting leverage from pushing up from his opponents shoulders it seems to be ok. As long as you get up first your arms can prevent your opponent from jumping and it seems to be deemed to be fair. Seems slightly unfair to me but most of the jostling in the box at corner kicks is strictly foul play anyway. It's just a matter of degrees. Well done Lee Ashcroft. He went for it and he got the goal. Poetic justice because we should have had a penalty.

Post Edited (Sun 02 Feb 17:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 17:41

I agree with the comments about Jonathan Afolabi. He looks like a big strong lad who could lead the line well. If he has a bit of speed as well as power and good ball skills he could turn out very well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 2 Feb 18:49

Great result. But what a horrible pitch. Looked like Bambi on ice in large parts. No way should astroturf be acceptable in the senior game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 12:57

I watched Man Utd in the cup against Tranmere. There's surely no way that elite athletes can be expected to play on these awful grass pitches?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 13:12

Thought Ashcroft fouled for the 3rd goal so it balanced itself out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 09:17

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 3 Feb 13:12

Thought Ashcroft fouled for the 3rd goal so it balanced itself out.

The guy you think he fouled made no protest whatsoever so it must have looked worse than it was

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: