DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 There's goals in this team
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 07:29

It is great to see that in the past couple of games, five players have scored goals for us - Dow, Nisbet, McGill, Devine and Ashcroft. That's a really encouraging sign and looking at the current squad, who would doubt that our new signings Afolabi, Thomas and Ross will soon add to the tally? Duncan might spring a surprise too.

The fact that we're firing from several directions and not just relying on Kevin Nisbet to do the business can only add to team confidence. Our new-found success with corners is a very welcome sight too.

I think the last time we had this range of firepower available to us was when we won the League One title.

Could be exciting times ahead.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: There's goals in this team
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 09:50

It's a good sign, however it's worth noting that Nisbet has still scored about 15 more than anyone else.

Saturday was a bit of an exception given how bad Queens are defensively at set pieces, although it's great that we took advantage!

My views are that keeping Nisbet in January should secure our position in the league. If Afolabi (or any of our other attacking players) manages to get 8/9 goals between now and the end of the season alongside Nisbet still scoring, we should make the playoffs.

Long way to go, but hopefully the couple of weeks break gives the new boys a chance to properly gel and we're raring to go against Partick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 11:31

Certainly good to spread goals throughout the team as I have always been worried about where the goals would come from if Nisbet was unavailable.

I may have missed it on another thread but why do we have two blank weekends before our next game? Presumably one will be a Scottish cup round ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 12:01

Inverness game moved from 15th Feb to 25th
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 12:26

We've already scored 3 more than the whole of last season with 13 games to spare! Whatever happens from here on in at least there's been some decent action to watch.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Feb 17:38)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net