DAFC.net
Home 16 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 All Quiet on the East End Front
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 14:20

With the transfer window well and truly closed and a three-week wait until our next competitive game what are we going to talk about on .net? As usual after a good result things are relatively quiet on here so, for the time being at least, we should be spared comments about SC's tactical ineptitude, his team selections, cronyism in selecting his backroom staff, interview technique, demeanour on the touchline, sartorial style, etc. These things only seem to be relevant after a disappointing result for some reason.

There's no doubt SC is learning on the job just as a few of the players are but there seems to be a good spirit in the camp and maybe, with the rub of the green, we can have an exciting end to the season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: All Quiet on the East End Front
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 14:29

^^^^ look at me.
Why bring the negative up?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 14:44

'Look at me?!!!'' That's pretty rich coming from you.

Is it only you that's allowed to bring negatives up at a time that suits you?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 14:48

Just answered yer own question. The next 3 weeks will be filled with pointless bickering.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 15:23

AlterPar wrote:

> Just answered yer own question. The next 3 weeks will be filled
> with pointless bickering.

Obviously what he was after, I mean why post it other than to aggrivate the doubters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 15:57

It is noticeable whenever Pars players are interviewed they will make an unsolicited remark about the welcome camaraderie at the club.

You can see it in the most recent interviews with both Lee and Dom.

Jon and Owain are the latest to arrive and Dom says you soon feel at home.He knew Kevin from his school days in Rutherglen.Lee says Owain was soon talking to the boys during the game as if he had been there a while.Danny had spoken highly of the Club.Greg,a player we would like to see back at East End,loved his experience at East End.Lee Ashcroft adds that friendships are soon forged.No doubt dressing room banter helps!

Certainly the togetherness is very evident as you watch the Pars play.Dunfermline is larger than the component parts ie the coaching staff,Board,players and support.

All the players in the young squad have talked of the mutual willingness to learn on the training ground and that determination to get us into the Premiership play offs.Then anything could happen!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 16:31

It's the kind of spirit that probably got us through the difficult spell of losing 5 in a row.

Just glad they don't chuck it as quickly as some of our fans - specifically the ones who publicly declared they wouldn't bother attending the Dundee game if Crawford was still in charge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 17:29

Should shut the site down for a couple of weeks. Give the admins a well deserved break. Good time to do it, on the back of a couple of good results and some very shrewd dealings from Crawford in the transfer window. The only thing I could complain about now is Stevies insistence on wearing a shirt with a Jersey that has a collar on it. A double collar. Apart from that, things are good
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 18:09

Lol another epic fail by wee eck! Always looking for the negatives.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 18:49

How did Paton play in the last two games, Berkey? You've been strangely quiet but, judging by your signature, at least you've got a sense of humour and don't take yourself too seriously. Top comment from red-star-par too!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 19:46

Do folks get a kick out of the constant arguing or? Nothing else to do? Every single thread I look into has some sort of wee nip at another person. Email each other and go meet at the pub for a pint min.

Fortunately there are some folks on here who come across well and share useful information.

3 weeks break, fresh legs and a crack at 3 wins on the trot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 20:13

It's a forum. It would be pretty boring if everyone agreed. There's nothing wrong with having different opinions as long as posters are respectful. A wee bit humour doesn't go amiss either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Feb 20:17

You didn’t need to clarify that it’s a forum. Debating is great, I agree . Childish insults , not so much.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net