DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Danny Devine
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 08:02

Just a wee thread to recognise the current good form of Danny Devine.

Those of you who follow my posts will of course note that Danny has been subject of a fair amount (ok a lot) of criticism from my way for being Previously pretty poor in a Pars jersey.

It’s got to be said, whether it’s the coaching he has been receiving or his own hard work and determination, he has been one of our better players the last few weeks. He only had one real “oh ffs” moment on Saturday, which is definitely a huge improvement. He was arguably man of the match against Dundee and again v QOS. Even in the losing streak he wasn’t the worst on the park. Sometimes we are all quick to criticise, slow to praise.

Well done Danny, keep it up.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Danny Devine
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 08:17

Completely Agree!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 08:19

Well said, Ross. Danny Devine deserves a lot of credit for recent good performances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 08:50

Good on you for holding your hand up, Ross. In your defence, Danny would probably also be honest enough to admit that he was making a lot of mistakes earlier in the season and he's largely cut these out from his game.

Whether that's down to good coaching or a greater resolve on his part, we don't know - perhaps a bit of both. Whatever, may the current Danny Devine continue to flourish.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 09:01

Hi GG.

Would debate that I’m “holding my hand up“, more just recognising improvement when it happens. I believe I’ve been justified previously for being critical, but would much rather praise good performances! Which I can take the opportunity to do now. 😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 10:03

Quote:

rossmcno1, Tue 4 Feb 09:01

Hi GG.

Would debate that I’m “holding my hand up“, more just recognising improvement when it happens. I believe I’ve been justified previously for being critical, but would much rather praise good performances! Which I can take the opportunity to do now. 😊

You're right, Ross. I don't know why I used the expression,* "holding your hand up." That implies you're admitting a mistake, which you clearly weren't. I did go on to defend your stance, however, suggesting that some criticism was justified, but maybe not quite as harsh as you yourself admitted.

*Maybe an age thing. ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 10:32

When you look at DD's playing pedigree he should have been well capable of performing in the Scottish Championship but last season never really worked out for him. The close season op he had maybe settled an ongoing injury and he has benefited from a run of games this season. As fans we are maybe sometimes too quick to condemn players without knowing the full facts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 10:53

Danny has been a very different player this season and scored a superb goal at QOS.

He also seems to have been a contributing factor to Owain being attracted here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 13:16

Good post guy.

Definite big improvement after Christmas

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 02:24

He has been in really good form recently.
I panic every time he has any time on the ball.
If he doesn't have time he is excellent at just getting the ball away.
His lack of pace is still a worry, sometimes it looks like he is running in treacle with lead boots on. He might have been working on this though as I noticed he ventured forward a bit on Saturday and was quicker than normal getting back when we lost possession.

His good form started at the win against Ayr Utd away where he was my MOM by a mile.
I have no complaints if he keeps playing the way he is just now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 07:04

Not sure I agree he’s improved massively recently - he’s always been a scapegoat and was never as bad as people made out on here. I remember the loss at Arbroath - he was absolutely slaughtered on here but never put a foot wrong defensively - we lost to a dreadful goalkeeper error to a team who had 2 shots in the whole game. Yes, his distribution was poor but that was in keeping with his other 12 colleagues that day.

I for one am delighted that he ie receiving pats on the back now. Stevie does have a dilemma now though as I suspect the defence will strengthen if Murray moves to centre back presumably at the expense of either Devine or Ashcroft.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 08:39

Quote:

AJ27, Wed 5 Feb 07:04

Not sure I agree he’s improved massively recently - he’s always been a scapegoat and was never as bad as people made out on here. I remember the loss at Arbroath - he was absolutely slaughtered on here but never put a foot wrong defensively - we lost to a dreadful goalkeeper error to a team who had 2 shots in the whole game. Yes, his distribution was poor but that was in keeping with his other 12 colleagues that day.

I for one am delighted that he ie receiving pats on the back now. Stevie does have a dilemma now though as I suspect the defence will strengthen if Murray moves to centre back presumably at the expense of either Devine or Ashcroft.

He's cut out most of the mistakes he was making, AJ. How much of an improvement that represents depends on your perspective. ☺

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net