DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserves v Morton
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 13:45

DUNFERMLINE: Cammy Gill: Paul Brown (c), Josh Edwards, Lewis Martin, Miller Fenton, Dylan Duncan, Lucas Berry, Tom Beadling, Lewis McCann, Cammy Graham, Scott Cusick
SUBS: Lewis Sawers, Josh Robertson, Gregor Jordan, Kieran Mitchell, Brogan Walls, Craig Burt (GK)

MORTON: Christopher Wylyie: Ben Eardley, John Gallagher, Darren Hynes (c), Gavin Watt, Lewis McGrattan, Michael Garrity, Jonathan Lyon, Shaun Rodgers, Alexander Easdale, Kieran Brophy
SUBS: Christopher Stafford, Liam Motherwell, Aiden Craig.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserves v Morton
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 13:50

Strong team put out by us.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 13:55

We are 1/2 with the bookies for this game, we lost the reverse fixture 6-1 but this time round the team selection is very different

Post Edited (Tue 04 Feb 14:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 14:05

We were 1/4 with bookies just before kick-off.Morton 6/1
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 14:11

parathletic wrote:

> We were 1/4 with bookies just before kick-off.Morton 6/1

I looked at about 1.50 and we were 2 on, after 10 minutes and 0-0 we're 4/9 on betfair exchange, all the money for us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 14:17

U can still get 6's for Morton on in-play Bet365.Not that I'm having any money on this game. Wouldn't be putting any money on our reserve team.Big price for Morton though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 14:31

Pars go one up. Beadling
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 15:37

Beadling with a second .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 19:28

Anyone know how Duncan played?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 15:01

The Pars lined up in a fairly regulation 4-4-2.

Gill in goals, skipper Brown at RB, Edwards at LB and Martin and Fenton at CB (the first time I’d seen the latter there).

Beadling and Duncan were in the middle, Berry wide right and Cusick wide left (although he seemed to swap with Graham for the last 10 minutes of the first half)

McCann was the old fashioned centre-forward with Graham playing a little deeper.

Sawers came on wide left with Cusick going up top and Graham leaving the field.

Then Robertson came on at RB, Brown moved to midfield and Duncan appeared to go up front with Cusick being subbed.

Then Mitchell came on for McCann, Jordan came on in midfield for Brown, and Beadling came off, Walls went up front and Duncan dropped back to midfield.

As for the game, I thought we deserved a win, although 2-0 was a touch flattering. Gill made a brilliant reaction stop early on, McCann missed a good chance with a near post header, but we scored a good goal when Edwards burst forward and cut back to Beadling at the edge of the box, who shifted it from right to left and blasted home.

We seemed to sit back in the second half and absorb pressure before Beadling again did well to find space in the box and finish adroitly.

Defensively I thought we were pretty sound (I think Greg Shields disagrees!) - Gill had the stop mentioned above, and had to back pedal to tip over a long range effort, but otherwise didn’t have a lot to do (other than shout – mostly encouragement).
Martin and Fenton were pretty solid – Fenton was short with a pass-back but made up ground to recover.

Beadling seemed to have a touch of class when it mattered – I’ve seen him before at reserve games and he looks too good for that level (as you would hope). The rest (other than Duncan) were busy and competent, but not memorable. I noted Cammy Graham seemed to be on the dead-balls – he had a 25 yard free-kick that the Morton keeper Wylie (is he related to Dave Wylie?) tipped over.

As for Duncan – he looked promising – box to box with a range of passing – including the 40 yard cross-field pass with the outside of the foot – beloved of fans. Was unlucky not to score with a bicycle kick.

Overall, an encouraging result and good to keep a clean sheet.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 15:16

Good to read feedback, thanks McCaigs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 15:41

seems to be a real benefit the reserves.

Gives the fringe guys a chance to prove themselves, and the young (and some of them are really young) a competitive game, against some seriously experienced players.

Sometimes we take a doing-again invaluable, and when the fringe players play, can see they are ready for the first team.

I'm pleased we are taking this approach as a club,and the coaching staff deserve credit for this, not taking the easy option.

Means we have a match ready squad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 16:41

It's good to hear Duncan has a range of passing. We've been crying out for a midfielder like that for ages.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 16:56

On a side note, alowing betting on reserves sounds like madness, and, equally on the flipside a potential gold mine with all the littpe nuggets of inside information and local knowledge folk would have.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 17:06

See the betting forum, backing against Queen of the South,Sunderland and Alloa reserves has proved fruitful this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 17:24

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie like | nolike
Date: Wed 5 Feb 16:56

On a side note, alowing betting on reserves sounds like madness, and, equally on the flipside a potential gold mine with all the littpe nuggets of inside information and local knowledge folk would have.

There's a twitter account who on Monday night were posting that Dunfermline would have 6 first team players playing and suggested followers bet them. I'll let you work out where that info must come from.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 17:28

Quote:

neils, Wed 5 Feb 15:41

seems to be a real benefit the reserves.

Gives the fringe guys a chance to prove themselves, and the young (and some of them are really young) a competitive game, against some seriously experienced players.

Sometimes we take a doing-again invaluable, and when the fringe players play, can see they are ready for the first team.

I'm pleased we are taking this approach as a club,and the coaching staff deserve credit for this, not taking the easy option.

Means we have a match ready squad.

I will disagree with it being competitive, just really friendly matches which mean nothing. Quite good to have some form of reserve fixtures, but the likes of Gill and McCann would be better out on loan at lower league clubs playing against proper teams, and come back to us with some experience
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 17:54

A tone who bets on reserve football is maybe a bit too much into betting.

Anyone who bets on reserve football without knowing the line ups is totally daft.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 17:58

Scottish clubs are only allowed to take four loanees from fellow-Scottish clubs so there is a limit to how many players can go out on loan and there has to be a demand for the particular players you may want to loan out. It's not quite as simple as saying 'x and y would be better out on loan'.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 18:04

elvis_lives wrote:

> A tone who bets on reserve football is maybe a bit too much
> into betting.
>
> Anyone who bets on reserve football without knowing the line
> ups is totally daft.

You're missing the point, the teams are being leaked meaning tipsters on social media are able to suggest bets which invariably are the wrong price, which if you're a gambler is ideal.
Team selection is everything in reserve football, like I mentioned earlier on the thread Morton had beaten us 6-1 on the 17th December and are above us in the reserve league table but despite this we were gambled into 1/4 to win the cup tie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 19:57

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 5 Feb 18:04

elvis_lives wrote:

> A tone who bets on reserve football is maybe a bit too much
> into betting.
>
> Anyone who bets on reserve football without knowing the line
> ups is totally daft.

You're missing the point, the teams are being leaked meaning tipsters on social media are able to suggest bets which invariably are the wrong price, which if you're a gambler is ideal.
Team selection is everything in reserve football, like I mentioned earlier on the thread Morton had beaten us 6-1 on the 17th December and are above us in the reserve league table but despite this we were gambled into 1/4 to win the cup tie.

No point missed at all, do you really think those team line ups are always accurate. They can change at any moment.

Very dangerous game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Feb 20:34

elvis_lives wrote:

>
Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 5 Feb 18:04
>
> elvis_lives wrote:
>
> > A tone who bets on reserve football is maybe a bit too much
> > into betting.
> >
> > Anyone who bets on reserve football without knowing the line
> > ups is totally daft.
>
>
> You're missing the point, the teams are being leaked meaning
> tipsters on social media are able to suggest bets which
> invariably are the wrong price, which if you're a gambler is
> ideal.
> Team selection is everything in reserve football, like I
> mentioned earlier on the thread Morton had beaten us 6-1 on the
> 17th December and are above us in the reserve league table but
> despite this we were gambled into 1/4 to win the cup
> tie.

>
> No point missed at all, do you really think those team line ups
> are always accurate. They can change at any moment.
>
> Very dangerous game.

Obviously you are totally niave on the subject

Why wouldnt they be accurate, the only people who know the team the night before are those involved, what better information could you get.

We are talking about the strength of a team and not one player. I've seen teams go from 2/1 to 1/4 in the reserve league(HAMILTON V Pars) on the basis that they will be fielding a strong team.
Getting inside info isn't dangerous, they're not guessing, they're informed.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net