DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Three major games
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 01:08

The 22nd of February seems a long way away for now, but it marks the start of a very difficult week for the Pars when we play Thistle away, Inverness and United at home over the space of seven days.

Having won our last two games with some aplomb, there's an upbeat feeling among fans at the moment, so let's hope this good run of form can continue.

Thistle have been having a gruesome time of late, having failed to win since the turn of the year. We certainly have the wherewithal to beat them on their own patch, but will we? I think so.

Inverness have always been a bit of a banana skin for us and they pretty soundly beat us 2-0 just before Christmas. Will the changes that we made in the transfer window be enough to get us the result we want? I think we can win this one.

And then there's our nemesis, United. For some reason, we seem to falter every time we come up against them. It reminds me of the way that we used to capitulate to the Old Firm every time we met them; it is as if we go into these games against United with a defeatist attitude. Can we for once and for all get this monkey off our back and give them a hiding? It might be too much to ask given the amount of money that they have spent. I am thinking that a draw would be a good result for us.

If we can come through that week with four, six or even seven points, then we should in all likelihood be set up for a play-off place, maybe even second position.

And that would be a terrific achievement for this young side.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Three major games
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 10:47

G"day Oz

Obviously hoping for a clean sweep of 9pts from the next three matches but anticipate 4pts to 5pts.

It's a tough league. Would love to be proven wrong of course and break this monotony with the Arabs.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 12:48

3 points would be enough from those three games to ensure we would not be troubled by relegation, 4 points would keep us on the periphery of the play offs
5 points would put us right in the play off race, more than that and we can mount a sustainable challenging for second place

It is indeed a vital period for our season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 12:55

I'd be very happy with 5 points ,any more would be wonderful

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 14:17

Partick game looks winnable, would settle at 2/3 pts from the other two games.
Interestingly we'll be about the same odds for the Partick game as we will for the Caley game about 11/8,6/4 and I know which game I fancy us in.

Post Edited (Mon 10 Feb 14:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 20:26

Let's keep the winning run going and hope for a win in all 3 games. But the old adage one game at a time is always very wise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 20:59

These 3 games will determine what direction our season goes

9 points and we are well in the mix for challenging for 2nd and 4th at a minimum, in my opinion.

6 points is definitely achievable and will keep us in the mix for a play-off place

3-5 points and it’ll depend on other results if we are looking over our shoulders

0-3 points will be very disappointing, yet not improbable, given our record against Inverness and Dundee Utd, and could see us right in the mire.

It’s crunch time and now really is the time for us to go on one of those 5 game winning streaks. We can definitely do it with that man Nizzy and assist king Thomas on form.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 23:41

10 points for me. Nothing else will do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 01:26

Are there any thoughts on the strategy for player management for that week?
Three games in a week will test the fitness and recovery of some players perhaps, and it will be interesting to see who is selected for each of those games to (potentially) rest a key player or two.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 11:01

Rest players? We will have had 3 weeks without a game when these come around.If we go 3 or 4 up then we can afford to rest players!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net