DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Rangers racism row
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 22:58

The Rangers are now crowing after a 12 year old has been charged with racist abuse of Morelos at the old firm game.
They have issued a statement taking the moral high ground and saying how poorly Morelos has been treated in the racism row.
Incredible that the police can find one twelve years old kid out of 60,000 shouting bigoted abuse for 90 minutes
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/police-charge/

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Rangers racism row
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 10 Feb 23:53

For an statement from a supposedly 'big club' that's an embarrassment. It's full of finger pointing and overly expressive language, not facts.

No wonder folk hate Rangers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 00:05

That club wouldn’t exist without racism or bigotry. They absolutely revel in it.

Scum of the Earth, in all honesty.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 01:01

James Traynor must have been on the wine when he wrote that rambling crock of *****!

All because the racial abuse came from a 12 year old lad!

Maybe he should stand in the away end at Ibrox or park his car and walk to stadium as an away fan!

Self righteous knob jockey!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 02:46

They have offered a 12 year old a place on their anti racism course, seems like they are presuming he is guilty before he has went near a court
I wonder how many of their own supporters have been on this course
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 07:50

An absolute joke of the highest order (of the orange lodge)😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 08:42

Shamelessly stolen from P&B...……...

Craig Whyte's book out this week.

From the foreword, albeit you could argue he's incapable of telling the truth ---

"Jim Traynor used to send me his articles through before he’d print them, and I’d correct them for him. In the pre-internet days, Murray must have had complete control. Some journalists were happy to have a good relationship with Rangers if that meant getting stories, even if as a result it became difficult to criticise the club. Traynor had got in touch about a month after I went into Ibrox. We went for lunch at the Rogano restaurant and from that day he hounded me for a job.I was never that impressed with him. I would soon discover he could fly with the wind. I had dinners with all the editors and learned very quickly that if there was a negative story I could call some of them up and have a pretty good chance of getting it stopped. With the Daily Record I had a 100% chance, and it was the same with The Sun. I used to call the editor of The Herald. I had a 50-50 chance of getting things stopped there. If it didn’t get stopped, you threatened them with withdrawal of access, that they wouldn’t get stories."

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Tue 11 Feb 08:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 09:29

It may be the sceptic in me but this stinks of Morelos leaving in the summer and the blame lies with no one inside Ibrox, The blame then falls firmly on anyone that has made his time in Glasgow unbearable in the future,

Rangers happy because they get a decent transfer fee and fans altho not so happy dont blame the club as Morelos has been forced out of the club.

I will add anyone racially abusing anyone else should be looked into by police.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 10:24

I don’t condone any racism or any abuse, particularly if outside a stadium in normal life.
Also I don’t often read footballers autobiographies, but reading Gordon Strachan’s was interesting how the two eras may differ in terms of how to handle it.
Previous era’s would have time to reflect and make judgement on what is acceptable or unacceptable to the individuals.
Today everything is instant gratification or instant sound bites. It is a blessing and a curse dependent on how it is handled, but once it is out there then the individuals must deal with the consequences.
Personally if I was Morelos, I would definitely not wish to see a 12 year old (if proven) to have this issue hanging over him for the rest of his life polarising his future decisions. I would reach out to him and talk it over with him directly and mend his ways instead of punishment, however wronged Morelos feels, he is the adult and can deal with it as such in private.
Anything else from The Rangers is showboating and not showing the best interests of the boy at heart.
Yes the lad was wrong, but he doesn’t need legions of people to tell him that and polarising opinion at 12 years old.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 11:08

This is absolutely stinking. This has been thought up by Traynor . A complete car crash of the highest order.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 11:54

Originally thought that Morelos's agent had some involvement in this, looking for another pay day!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 12:56

Was it after he heard the child, he did the swipe across his throat?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 13:04

It was either before or after thatnthe child racially abused him. Allegedly of course.

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 14:27

He can hear a 12 year old over 60,000 supporters screaming and shouting
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 Feb 14:28

What do we think he made it up?

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 16:50

Why, nearly two months after it allegedly happened, did Police Scotland decide, against all Child Protection protocols relating to minors in the justice system, to throw a story about a 12 year old boy to the media?

Is that not what the Children's Hearing system is for?

The cynic in me thinks Sky and Traynor got themselves into a fankle about a botched number on Celtic and were desperate for a deflection story.

Craig Whyte’s ''revelations'' are a hoot, btw.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 19:49

If sevco were top of the league none of this is even comes out .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 22:00

Charging a 12 year old kid seems a bit over the top. He probably doesn't have a clue what he was even saying. A stern talking to should have been enough surely. I wonder if this kid was nearby grown men chanting, joined in, and the Glesgae Polis, being the conscientious guardians of moral standards that they are, ignored the adults and decided to extract the easiest target from the crowd. The statement from Sevco is cringe worthy, no wonder everyone hates them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 22:47

Only GG and Red Star have seen the real horror in this situation: that a 12 year old boy is being used as a scapegoat to pretend there is no sectarianism that thrives with in Scotland. Bigotry thrives partly on the basis of two football teams who draw their mass support on the basis of that sectarianism. That is why they are called the ‘Old Firm.’ Without sectarianism their crowds would be slightly more than Hibs or Hearts. With sectarianism their crowds are more than double.

A boy shouted out some abusive comments in the heat of the moment and is now potentially being criminalised as a result. Why? Because the UK state has invented new crimes to be answerable to, under the general banner of ‘Hate Crime.’ Yet as any football supporter knows, shouting abuse at a player is part and parcel of standing (or now sitting) on a terracing. The boy has done nothing different than 99% of football supporters have done since time immemorial. Back in more enlightened times it used to be called ‘Breach of the Peace,’ a catchall crime for which any person exhibiting abusive or threatening behaviour could be arrested. It was a far better law than the nonsense now being enacted.

I have seen Breach of the Peace’ enforced several times outside bars in Dunfermline but never for a one-off shout: the guy was warned when he threatened to ‘do in’ the cops or anyone else, then if he did not comply he was huckled into a van. Sometimes he threatened Fenians; sometimes he threatened Huns; other times the target his wife or maybe a neighbour or most often his best mate! Nobody paid much attention to the words. No one was much interested in his motives or politics. He was drunk and disorderly and charged with Breach of the Peace. He probably didn’t hate anybody and we didn’t hate him. He was chucked out of the cells on a Sunday morning and went about his life thereafter, until the next time of course. In between times he was probably fined for his behaviour. The concept of hate did not exist then legally and for good reason: it is almost impossible to prove.

We are now holding a 12 year old boy to a higher standard than a bar room drunk from my formative years? Is this progress? We are prepared to sacrifice a boy on the altar of pseudo secularism claimed by a football club, The Rangers, which championed sectarianism for over a century and still glories in its triumphalist songs. A club which showed no mercy to any young immigrant that ever stepped of a boat from the Republic of Ireland yet now tears our heartstrings over a talented young man from Colombia. A club whose chairman, Dave King, has just been robbed and is wailing that the rule of law does not apply in South Africa, a country he willingly went to in the days of Apartheid when presumably the rule of law suited him very well indeed. His concept of robbery must be limited indeed. That club?

Well, it’s a club powerful enough and with enough sympathisers within police ranks to charge a 12 year old boy. For me, the story should, as GG hinted, move from being about Morelos or a 12 years old boy mouthing off at Morelos and focus about how the justice system operates within Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 23:01

What did the 12 year old say exactly then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 08:50

Cellic now not allowing sky to thier media events off the back of translategate.
Rangers now saying they were justified in thier statement about Morelos and the wider Scottish media not supporting him agaisth the racist abuse he gets.
Michael Stewart seems to have been banned from BBC and BT for his part saying Rangers were trying to take the heat off Morelos for the alleged incident on his car ,the basket case that is Scottish football continues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 10:22

I watched the game last night. I noticed Morelos having fly, wee cynical tackles that he got away with. Of course, then he tried to cheat by diving for a penalty.
Nothing to like about him. Hopefully he is gone in the summer although he isn't good enough for the EPL, in my opinion.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 11:33

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 12 Feb 22:00

Charging a 12 year old kid seems a bit over the top. He probably doesn't have a clue what he was even saying. A stern talking to should have been enough surely. I wonder if this kid was nearby grown men chanting, joined in, and the Glesgae Polis, being the conscientious guardians of moral standards that they are, ignored the adults and decided to extract the easiest target from the crowd. The statement from Sevco is cringe worthy, no wonder everyone hates them

The only way to eradicate bigotry (and racism) is by educating the very young, imo. Children are not born racist or bigoted - it is learned behaviour from older children or adults, often in their own families. There's little chance of eradicating these behaviours any time soon, but if the political will was there, we could make a start with 3 year olds when they go to nursery but no later than P1.

Fining sectarian bigots or racists, or banning them from football stadia, is not going to alter their behaviour. Charging a 12 year old boy for shouting "black b.......", an insult he's probably heard numerous times at games, is beyond the pale.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 12:31

Sammer's post deserves a bigger audience in Scotland than dotnet.

He should have a think about reframing that as a letter to the editor at one of the mainstream papers, perhaps the Herald.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 12:41

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 13 Feb 12:31

Sammer's post deserves a bigger audience in Scotland than dotnet.

He should have a think about reframing that as a letter to the editor at one of the mainstream papers, perhaps the Herald.

Aye but he might work for the BBC and wants to keep his job 🧐.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 16:07

''Sammer's post deserves a bigger audience in Scotland than dotnet.

He should have a think about reframing that as a letter to the editor at one of the mainstream papers, perhaps the Herald.''

I couldn't agree more, Oz, but d'you think the editor of any Scottish paper would have the bozz to go with it?

Rule 1 - Don't upset the Establishment (club).

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net