DAFC.net
Home 23 February 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Neilson
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 10:56

Poor show in the papers today claiming the might be back in for Nisbet in the summer. What happened to not discussing players at other clubs? Hope it doesn’t unsettle Kevin and he rams in a hat-trick against them.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Neilson
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 13:32

Guy's a bawheid, only holding onto his job due to spending power, wont last in the PL.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 15:44

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 12 Feb 10:56

Poor show in the papers today claiming the might be back in for Nisbet in the summer. What happened to not discussing players at other clubs? Hope it doesn’t unsettle Kevin and he rams in a hat-trick against them.

That's a very poor show if the papers are quoting him accurately, but it may be speculation or they may have asked him a leading question.

It's not unknown among journos desperate to fill a few column inches.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 16:06

What do you expect Neilson to say he isn't gonna tell a pack of lies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 16:11

No, but he could say I don’t talk about players from other teams
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 16:31

I agree with GG. Seems tittle tattle from a journalist.
However it could easily work in our favour. A more relaxed player is a much more dangerous player as he will not wish to settle for United.
I am sure he will be maximising the season for a big move. I would be. The money and terms United will offer against a move to England would be peanuts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 17:19

Quote:

parsmad68, Wed 12 Feb 16:31

I agree with GG. Seems tittle tattle from a journalist.
However it could easily work in our favour. A more relaxed player is a much more dangerous player as he will not wish to settle for United.
I am sure he will be maximising the season for a big move. I would be. The money and terms United will offer against a move to England would be peanuts.

I would think Nisbett would back himself to be a success down there, as well as the skill he has the physical attributes needed for the agricultural approach that prevails in the lower leagues.

Score a few goals down there and silly money gets flung at you for your next move. If we are savvy and get a decent sell on clause added in it would benefit us as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 18:12

Never liked Dundee Utd. No idea why. Maybe all those 3-3 games in the mid 90s and their ex-chairman (RIP) voting against our plastic pitch despite Dundee Utd playing on pitch with more sand than a Keyline depot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 19:07

Nisbet will now,hopefully,try his heart out as he knows a big money move could come if he keeps performing.He is on the way up and wages can get incredible if he keeps banging them in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 19:38

Craw should go out and say that discussions had taken place about the possibility of Paul McMullen and Nicky Clark as part of any possible deal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 19:57

No thanks
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 20:07

Yes I agree but the point I am trying to make is that Neilson needs to keep stum about his transfer targets as he is clearly tying to unsettle a player before we play them soon

It may of course be a journo being a bit naughty. Crawford could now say exactly as I have stated, we are having that discussion now therefore discussions have indeed taken place.
Does it really matter who had the discussion? It is a fact that there have been discussion so perhaps it would unsettle the two UTD players before we play them soon
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 20:19

Yip,agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 22:15

I'm think I saw him today in Glasgow Botanic Gardens. He was walking two greyhounds. Was going to tell him to lay off our Kev. but I wasn't just 100% sure it was him. Anybody know if he has a house in Glasgow west end?

By the way forget Mcmullan and Clark, they're history.

Post Edited (Wed 12 Feb 22:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 12 Feb 22:20

I’d rather keep Dom Thomas permanently than have McMullan. Think our problem is replacing Nizzy once he goes in the summer.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 08:23

No one is suggesting we take McMullan and Clark the poster is simply saying that if Neilson wants to try and unsettle our player we could legitimately unsettle theirs with any old tittle tattle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 08:37

This is a good thing , the more teams that come sniffing around gets the clubs down south interested, When you have a club saying in a national paper that they will come back in for a striker a week after window shuts, will only alert more teams.
We all know that KN will be leaving in the summer, the more clubs that know this can only help DAFC.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Thu 13 Feb 08:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 12:10

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 13 Feb 08:37

This is a good thing , the more teams that come sniffing around gets the clubs down south interested, When you have a club saying in a national paper that they will come back in for a striker a week after window shuts, will only alert more teams.
We all know that KN will be leaving in the summer, the more clubs that know this can only help DAFC.

I can't agree that public speculation about our striker is a good thing. He's a good pro but he's only human and this kind of nonsense could affect his performances between now and the end of the season.

I remember when the Everton manager (Harry Catterick) was in the stand, to run the rule over Alex Edwards. The papers said Everton were ready to make a bid of £80,000, a huge sum in the mid 60s. Luckily for the Pars, Edwards had heard of the English club's interest and proceeded to jump out of every tackle, obviously worried he might pick up a serious injury which would jeopardise the move.

Catterick headed back down the road with his cheque book unopened in his pocket...

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 12:34

Several clubs, not just United, will be keeping a close eye on Kevin Nisbet now. As far as the Pars finances are concerned, the more the merrier.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 13:18

Kev has his head screwed on, he knows if he keeps playing well the better the move for him

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 18:44

MDCCCLXXXV wrote:

> Kev has his head screwed on, he knows if he keeps playing well
> the better the move for him
>
Hope so MDCetc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 12:40

It appeared to be the Pars that released details to the Courier of both bids received on the last day of the transfer window.`Therefore we chose to tell everyone that Hibs and Dundee United were interested and probably did so to increase the number and level of bids. Not a fan of the boy but we chose to put interested teams names out there.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 12:56

You're not a fan of a boy who has scored 56 goals in 75 games in the last two seasons? You must have very high standards.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 13:13

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 20 Feb 12:56

You're not a fan of a boy who has scored 56 goals in 75 games in the last two seasons? You must have very high standards.

Surely he means Neilson (which this thread is about!)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 13:42

Thanks DBA. I thought it would be obvious I was talking about the subject of this thread.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 14:08

Good interview with Nizzy on COWS

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 14:13

I'm too old to consider Neilson as a 'boy'.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net