DAFC.net
Home 03 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nisbet
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 13:55

All the recent talk about Nibet's transfer.....where he may be going at the season end etc etc
The lad needs to keep his head screwed on and settle for a move into the English Championship.he has the talent.
After struggling to watch the Swansea v QPR game the other night which was dreadfull,he has nothing to fear going down south to play..!!!.
Shankland should have done the same instead of taking the "safe option" of Dundee United.
Come back in a few years and we will see who is the higher ranked player......(In my opinion).
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nisbet
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 13 Feb 18:50

And all of us unofficial managers of big Kev's future life have to realise that there may be many other issues affecting him other than earning the Pars a meaty transfer fee and most importantly that the life of a footballer can be very unpredictable because one bad tackle and the career can be over in an instant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Fri 14 Feb 16:45

If he does go, would love to see him go abroad. If I was a young footballer I'd be more keen on a move to Germany or Spain - would love to see more Scottish players going to different leagues. England is an absolutely dire place to live in my experience!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 14 Feb 17:10

Going abroad certainly hasn't helped the careers of the likes of Gauld and Burke in recent times and they are far better players than Nisbet. In saying that they probably have a better quality of life and will be able to get more golf in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 14 Feb 21:46

Burke scored for Alaves in a 2-1 victoy and becomes first Scot to score in La Liga for 33 years

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 14 Feb 21:49

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 14 Feb 21:46

Burke scored for Alaves in a 2-1 victoy and becomes first Scot to score in La Liga for 33 years

Who was the last? Steve Archibald?

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 14 Feb 21:50

Yes Archibald for Barcelona v Espanyol 33 years ago

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 15 Feb 09:21

That was his first goal in 18 appearances - not exactly setting the heather on fire

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 15 Feb 10:06

After watching Shanklin miss a few reasonable chances last Nisbet might be the leagues top scorer this season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 15 Feb 18:35

Personally, I think Nisbet is a better footballer than Shankland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Feb 20:54

I think because Kevin has had a bit of success in finding the net that we tend to be looking for him at the end of every attack. We really need to be more diverse than that. Kevin has been very good at times but has also missed a lot of very good opportunities. We haven't scored as many goals as our build up play has deserved because we are only looking for Kevin to score all the goals. He is not as nimble as he might be in a central position and a lot of his goals have come from getting the ball wide and coming in from the wing. His ball control, hold up and lay off play could be a lot better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 15 Feb 21:39

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 15 Feb 20:54

I think because Kevin has had a bit of success in finding the net that we tend to be looking for him at the end of every attack. We really need to be more diverse than that. Kevin has been very good at times but has also missed a lot of very good opportunities. We haven't scored as many goals as our build up play has deserved because we are only looking for Kevin to score all the goals. He is not as nimble as he might be in a central position and a lot of his goals have come from getting the ball wide and coming in from the wing. His ball control, hold up and lay off play could be a lot better.

Awfy harsh, Paralex. Nisbet is a very decent striker at this level. Sure, he can improve, but then he'll be playing with better players at a higher level.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 14:31

I think that because we have played to Kevin too much (and that's not his fault) the team has not developed as much as it could have. We need several different avenues of attack and it was great to see 3 different scorers in the QoS game. If we had more of a threat from midfield it could take the pressure off our lone striker and give him more space to pop a few more in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 15:01

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 14 Feb 21:46

Last one being stevie Archibald?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 16:14

I think Jonathan Afolabi has the potential to be a good foil for Kevin Nisbet. It is early days, but he showed a few signs early on in the QOS game that he has the ability to find goal. He has good presence, is tall and strong enough to get in about defenders. He needs a bit of time to adapt to the man’s game, but I think he could take some pressure off Nisbet as the season reaches its climax.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 19:00

Big danger is if they fit too well I know a team that might want him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 19:01

Nisbet or Afolabi?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 21:13

Pretty sure you aren't that dim as not to work it out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Feb 22:09

If you mean Celtic might be interested in Nisbet how is it a 'big danger'? We all know it's inevitable he's going to move on at the end of the season so surely the more clubs who are interested in him the better?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 17 Feb 06:40

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 16 Feb 22:09

If you mean Celtic might be interested in Nisbet how is it a 'big danger'? We all know it's inevitable he's going to move on at the end of the season so surely the more clubs who are interested in him the better?

It’s not inevitable though is it? For all we know he might have zero interest in moving on at the end of the season

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Feb 09:35

If that happens we really are in danger because he could leave at the end of his contract and I presume we wouldn't be entitled to any compensation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 17 Feb 11:03

Let's not be naïve here. The player will want to leave to challenge himself and earn more money. The club will be happy enough to sell him, as the fee will provide the manager with some funds to improve the squad.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 17 Feb 12:51

Of course almost every professional player will move on to another club if they get offered more money... Even if it looks like they won't get many games. It happens all the time.
It's a job at the end of the day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 17 Feb 19:55

If he gets a decent league one team (even a Championship), the contract can change his life.

Good for him, and good for us, it's been years since we have had anyone attracting this interest.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net