DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserves v Ross Co at Kelty 2 pm ko
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 18 Feb 13:25

DUNFERMLINE: Cammy Gill: Paul Brown (c), Gregor Jordan, Lewis Martin, Miller Fenton: Joe Thomson, Dylan Duncan, Matty Todd, Scott Cusick: Cammy Graham, Lewis McCann
SUBS: Lewis Sawers, Kieran Mitchell, Brogan Walls, Lucas Berry, Josh Robertson, Ben Swinton (GK)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserves v Ross Co at Kelty 2 pm ko
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 18 Feb 15:41

Anyone who attended - how did Thomson perform - I see he got an hour.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 18 Feb 17:46

Greg Shields' post-match interview suggests nobody played well. All five experienced players were replaced after 61 minutes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 15:05

Anyone who attended - how did Thomson perform - I see he got an hour.

He was OK. One of the better players – perhaps playing slightly deeper than I would like. Sprayed the ball about well, but didn’t have a cutting edge (in common with the rest of them, to be honest).

It was the usual 4-4-2/ 4-4-1-1 line up but with different personnel. Gill in goals, Brown at RB, Martin and Jordan CB, Fenton at LB. Todd RM, Thomson and Duncan CM, Cusick LM, McCann up front, Graham slightly deeper. The 5 “experienced” players went off after an hour – Robertson came on at CB, Berry at RM, Walls CM, with Cusick moving in and Sawers going to LM; Mitchell up top.

We gave away bad goals. An unnecessary free-kick 25 yards out – County pushed their big men (boys) up and the Pars went with a 2 man wall with Gill at his LH Post. The boy just chipped it over the wall to Gill’s other post and he got nowhere near it. Second goal came from a corner to the edge of the box, played in and it seemed to go through a mass of players with the keeper unsighted. Third goal might have involved a deflection but the boy was completely unmarked at the far post for a tap-in. Our goal was lucky – a rather aimless lob into the box by Duncan caused confusion and the defender chipped his own keeper.

We played the ball out from the keeper virtually every time, before then sometimes going long. McCann won his share in the air, but couldn’t direct it to a team-mate. We reached the by-line a few times, but could not find the final ball. We had a good spell at the start of the second half, and were unlucky not to score, but other than that their keeper hardly had a save to make, just a lot of crosses to gather.

Duncan was a bit disappointing. I know that the experienced players aren’t necessarily there to show off or boss the game, but sometimes to let other players play, but he didn’t really do that either. Todd had a few good touches – he’s one player that has improved a lot since I’ve seen him. McCann ditto – but then he’d go and spoil it with a bad touch. Fenton looked to have a bit of pace bombing up the left; Cusick may have something but it’s still early days. Gill made a couple of good reaction saves.

When the snow started coming down I was beginning to hope for a late abandonment; then when I could no longer feel my toes I began to hope the ref would dispense with the 30 seconds extra per sub rule...

At least it was free entry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 15:14

Thx again for the feedback MT
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 12:58

Gill still having "issues" with lining up a defensive wall then.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net