DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 James Keatings "dive"
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:07

Booked for the alleged dive they have rejected his appeal

Staggering doesnt do it justice

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229095058600755201
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: James Keatings "dive"
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:20

I would love to know who's on this panel.
Probably shows why VAR wouldn't work here, if even on a second look ,they still can't get it right

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:38

shocking decision
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:39

Ooft. Hadn't seen that. Westie nails it in the OP. Are they trying to ingratiate themselves to the match referee? He must be embarrassed when he sees that again. He got it wrong in real time - no shame in that, but for these guys to compound it is...... simply staggering.

"I would love to know who's on this panel.''

Naw, salton. Can you imagine the grief they'd get if they upset some of the lunatic fringe that follow a couple of Glasgow clubs?

They'd have their addresses in minutes and then there would be bricks with death threat messages attached, hurled through windows. It's not like it has happened before.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:45

It used to be the case that you couldn’t contest a yellow card. When did this change?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 16:56

You can contest it if it’s for simulation - waste of time based on this though - truly appalling decision - never in a million years would this have been the outcome if it had been a Rangers or Celtic player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 17:10

Quote:

AJ27, Wed 19 Feb 16:56

You can contest it if it’s for simulation - waste of time based on this though - truly appalling decision - never in a million years would this have been the outcome if it had been a Rangers or Celtic player.

Cheers, I wasn’t aware that was the case now.

Agreed. It’s not even like the camera angles are inconclusive. It’s a clear foul.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 17:30

Greg Aitken hasn't improved since our first league game against Dundee if that's anything to go by.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 19:29

Wow I posted on P&B at the time that it would OBVIOUSLY be rescinded and the boy would make the final no bother.

It doesn't make any sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 19:35

Ffs. That’s a joke

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 20:21

Seeing as though the ref publicly accused Keatings of being a cheat, I think he should come out and publicly apologise for bringing a players reputation and sporting integrity into question by making an absolute howler of a decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 20:58

Caley have issued a statement questioning the panel’s ability

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-9
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 21:10

The no8 clearly took him out. The board and the referee should get their eyes checked.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 21:14

Very good statement by the club, I shudder to think what a certain James Traynor would have put together (not that he would have been required to)

I would like to see the members of the refereeing board who made this final decision, must have been three very, very baldies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 21:25

Rumours that ICT will not compete in the final

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 21:26

In the context of sporting integrity after seeing the player getting booked and sent off why did the opossing offender not approach the referee to admit contact was indeed made. Football must be one of the few sports where integrity is lost. If we take snooker as an example often I have seen a player tell the ref he touched a ball with a finger/clothing/ cue even though the ref or opossing player missed it.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 21:58

I’m not sure the exact reason the panel chose to stand by the original decision because surely they can’t actually believe he dived. However if they thought that because it’s a Championship club and there won’t be much noise made about the judgement they have vastly underestimated the response.
This has the potential to have massive consequences, however I feel that the panel might get thrown under the bus tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 22:01

The ref got it wrong on the pitch, but errors are made.
However there is no way on earth an appeal panel should have considered this a dive and a yellow. This panel should be no where near football, has to be by far the worst decision by any appeal panel. ICT should withdraw from competition now, their fans want to boycott match and asking for team not to play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 19 Feb 22:12

People want VAR in Scotland but people viewing 3 different angles of this still think it's a dive. Pretty much sums it up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 06:17

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 19 Feb 21:58

I’m not sure the exact reason the panel chose to stand by the original decision because surely they can’t actually believe he dived. However if they thought that because it’s a Championship club and there won’t be much noise made about the judgement they have vastly underestimated the response.
This has the potential to have massive consequences, however I feel that the panel might get thrown under the bus tomorrow.

I'm as baffled as you and everyone else, Westie. The only thing I can think of is that there is a general reluctance to overturn refereeing decisions in these situations, but I realise that this explanation is completely inadequate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 07:39

Cowdenbeath also had an appeal rejected yesterday for a very harsh red card. However, having seen the Keatings evidence, they had no chance. Given that the prize money will likely barely cover the cost of ICT’s participation in this tournament and the fact that the credibility of the game in general may, in many fans’ opinion, outweigh the boast of winning the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Trophy, I hope they do refuse to play the final and turn the heat on the SFA.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 07:43

I don't see how anyone could fail to see that was a push.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 14:40

Gary Lineker tweeting about it now, wac the sfa have made of themselves here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:02

Even if you can't see a foul in there (which the entire world seems capable of), its clearly not even remotely close to simulation.

It really highlights how poor the standards we have here are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:37

I had a cynical thought this morning. When speaking to a Celtic fan about the incident this thought came into my mind. Was Keatings punished to weaken the ICT team to try to help The Rangers 2012 colts to get into the final, this could help The Rangers 2012 to win the cup. Therebye getting a piece of silverware into the Ibroke trophy room.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:41

Have a look at the Inverness “goal” that was ruled out for off side in the same game - the ball was clearly played through by the Rangers defender and the referee was in an excellent position to have seen this - I can absolutely understand how angry John Robertson is.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 16:02

Isn't it more likely to be a c*ck-up than a conspiracy? Everyone thinks the SFA favours Rangers' except Rangers' fans who think the SFA is out to get them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 16:21

I mean, The Rangers fans are some of the thickest idiots I've ever seen. The kind of idiots who have to use food banks and then vote Tory.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 16:49

Quote:

Andrew283, Thu 20 Feb 16:21

I mean, The Rangers fans are some of the thickest idiots I've ever seen. The kind of idiots who have to use food banks and then vote Tory.

That's unfair. There's no way they go to the polling station.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:18

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 20 Feb 15:37

I had a cynical thought this morning. When speaking to a Celtic fan about the incident this thought came into my mind. Was Keatings punished to weaken the ICT team to try to help The Rangers 2012 colts to get into the final, this could help The Rangers 2012 to win the cup. Therebye getting a piece of silverware into the Ibroke trophy room.

I wouldn't buy into that one. However, it would have strengthened the call from the media and the gruesome twosome to get u20 teams to not the league.

I can understand the referee making an enormous erse of the decision, what is inexplicable is the appeal being turned down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:32

They really need to give an explanation for this debacle
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:58

^^ the referee on the day stands by his decision and at least one former referee of the three on the panel agreed...sums up the standard of officiating past and present!

"Isn't it more likely to be a c*ck-up than a conspiracy?"

of course it is.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 19:07

Leeann Dempster Hibs Chief Exec also has a scathing attack on SFA , supporting ICT
Motherwell Chief Exec has backed ICT as well

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 19:50

Heard on the radio tonight that ICT have apologised to their fans for not being able to access the club website. It's crashed numerous times with the number of people accessing the clip of the incident. More than 1,000,000 views apparently!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 21:00

Wouldn't it show how teams are united in their distaste of this if both ICT and RR refuse to play the final. It would show the rest of Europe and perhaps further afield how poor the decision was.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 23:13

Given the almost universal (well as universal a football discussion here can be described as universal) - this encapsulates the complete disconnect between the "authorities" and everyone else. The decision to red card James Keatings for simulation has , as far as i have seen, had zero support for the decision . Even pundits who are ex- pro footballers are baffled by the decision not to over rule having seen it again.

Can the governing body please provide the evidence why they ruled the way they did. The evidence may be recorded for posterity
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 09:08

They're just going to keep their heads down until it goes away and it will go away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:16

NEWS | Scottish FA statement: James Keatings.
https://t.co/xTmIEIXnfH
Heads should role
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:20

Post Edited (Sat 22 Feb 14:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:21

Quote:

Alf, Sat 22 Feb 14:16

Heads should role

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:25

Just sounds like a get out of jail free card. We done bad and we aren't naming anyone so nobody was really saying this crap but we can just rewrite the decision and look as though we actually did something.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:30

Quote:

Heads should role

They have. The person concerned has been booted from the panel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:33

Ah OK so as they said he has it must be true. Its taken 5 days for this statement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:55

Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks
Date: Wed 19 Feb 21:58

One of them anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 14:58

Quote:

allparone, Sat 22 Feb 14:30

Quote:

Heads should role

They have. The person concerned has been booted from the panel.

Ridiculous statement from the SFA. Only reason they are 'reviewing' it is because one of the panel members came forward? Nothing to do with the outrage at the decision?

The SFA are rotten and need cleaned out immediately. This statement only reinforces that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 15:13

It could have been worse - they might have left things as they were. Any retraction of the tribunal decision was going to make them look bad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 15:43

Some un-named "bad apple" is solely to blame and we have removed them from the pool of panel members? Two things:

1. I don't believe them.

2. What about the other panel members? Are the SFA suggesting that there is at least one other person out there who did review all the evidence but didn't uphold the appeal? Is the SFA trying to tell us that that person is fit to serve on such panels?

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel the warmth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 16:02

Topic Originator: Thaipar like | nolike
Date: Wed 19 Feb 21:26

In the context of sporting integrity after seeing the player getting booked and sent off why did the opossing offender not approach the referee to admit contact was indeed made. Football must be one of the few sports where integrity is lost. If we take snooker as an example often I have seen a player tell the ref he touched a ball with a finger/clothing/ cue even though the ref or opossing player missed it.

100% this Thaipar - the opposition player is the cheat in this scenario - trying to gain competitive advantage unfairly by not admitting there was contact and watching a fellow professional be sent off when he knew he'd bundled into him. disgrace behaviour

i realise that referees can be incompetent and make incorrect decisions when watching the game in real time, but they're not exactly helped by players (who do foul and claim innocence, who do simulate, who 'feel contact so are entitled to fall over', who know they touched the ball before it went out but still shout for the shy, etc).

i really do enjoy watching football, but just not the majority of those who actually play the game

PS i'd love a post match interview where a manager or pundits in the studio come out and rather than calling into question the decision of the referee, call into question the actions and integrity of the player who knew an incorrect decision was made but did nothing to ensure fair play
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 16:38

Tend to agree with this but just exactly how honest do you expect players to be? - some of the throw ins players of all teams claim for is just ridiculous.

The much loved Joe Cardle didn’t exactly need a lot of contact to go down (and in too many cases no contact whatsoever).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 17:29

And every time he went down like that he was cheating, plain and simple.

Anyway, easy answer to your question... I'd like players to show supporting integrity 100% of the time and to knowingly cheat 0% of the time.

I hope the Rangers player realised how much of a cheating scumbag he is, not just for staying quiet but for applauding what he knew was an incorrect decision
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 18:36

Quote:

AJ27, Sat 22 Feb 16:38

Tend to agree with this but just exactly how honest do you expect players to be? - some of the throw ins players of all teams claim for is just ridiculous.

The much loved Joe Cardle didn’t exactly need a lot of contact to go down (and in too many cases no contact whatsoever).

Players like Joe quickly establish a reputation among referees and it can work against them. I remember a home game v QOS, in which we were trailing 1-0 and Joe was taken out in the box. A stonewaller, but I know for a fact that the ref thought he'd dived because of his reputation. QOS broke upfield and scored. We ended up losing 4-1.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 22 Feb 19:33

Well done. David Currie and Steven Thompson who openly mocked the Panel's decision on BBC Scotland "Sportscene Results" at 430pm today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 07:22

ThaiPar makes a valid point about sporting integrity.

In the summer months I enjoy watching cricket.

It is very common that a sporting player will quickly admit to the Umpire that he has not caught the ball as it partly touched the ground.

If he did not,the batsman would be out.

The lack of such honesty in the modern game has devalued football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 08:43

Quote:

Sliema Par, Mon 24 Feb 07:22

ThaiPar makes a valid point about sporting integrity.

In the summer months I enjoy watching cricket.

It is very common that a sporting player will quickly admit to the Umpire that he has not caught the ball as it partly touched the ground.

If he did not,the batsman would be out.

The lack of such honesty in the modern game has devalued football.

It's hard to disagree with any part of your post, but.... sporting integrity is all very well, but sadly modern football is more of a business. Imagine the reaction from his manager and team mates if a player admitted to something that cost his team 3 vital points, not to mention a nice wee win bonus?.......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 09:34

You think snooker players (and agents, stables, etc) don't get paid more when they win games?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:06

Slide a Par - there is so much hypocrisy in cricket it is unbelievable - I’d hardly call some of the unseemly sledging as sportsmanlike. Fast bowlers who suck boiled sweets when playing and at no other times in their lives? - nothing to do with the sugar and stickiness helping them to manipulate the ball (which is illegal) - and bowlers wearing thick sunblock when it’s not even sunny? - once again to allow them to cheat and manipulate the ball - and don’t even get me started on the some of the ridiculous appealing which is purely designed to put pressure on the umpires.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:20

opic Originator: DBP like | nolike
Date: Mon 24 Feb 09:34

You think snooker players (and agents, stables, etc) don't get paid more when they win games?

I'm not condoning anyone for dishonesty, whatever the sport, DBP, but snooker players don't have team mates, so they're only really answerable to themselves for their actions - nor do they have a manager who might drop him from the team...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:22

Don't think any sport should take a moral position.

Most football stuff is spur of the moment diving etc.

Cricket....well more premeditated, tampering of balls, sledging, and then we get to betting

Tennis, well certainly at lower level, qualifying tournaments are overwhelmed with fixing, there are hundreds of professional players making zero -fill in the rest.

Rugby mostly premeditated, mostly behaviour (salaries) remember the fake blood

Cycling
Athletics

The price of failure in sport is huge, potential income also, whenever you have these factors, human nature kicks in?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 13:12

Just watched the video clip - unbelievable Geoff!

I would love it if ICT didn't turn up for the final - but the cost of any fine will prevent them form doing so.

I remember Raith got tanned for bringing the game into disrepute a few years back against the now deceased Rangers.

It was in the Cammy Fraser era with pass-backs to the keeper allowed.

Anyway Raith were absolutely slaughtering the Gers but couldn't score.

To take the heat out of the game Rangers simply used the pass-back to keep possession for long period of play.

Raith got pissed off with this tactic and some of the Raith players sat down on the pitch in protest. This still didn't stop the antics as Rangers had no intention of going upfield and potentially losing the ball.

This lead to the Raith players being booked and fined a large sum.

It would be interesting to how much crowd funding could raise to pay for any such fine - I'd certainly contribute.

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 11:42

https://twitter.com/bbcsportsound/status/1232978561314754560?s=21

James Keatings ban revoked by SFA. He will play in the cup final.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:42

Common sense finally prevails but some people have made themselves look very foolish in this sorry saga.

I don't understand how it was one man who made the decision when a three man panel reviewed the incident. Whatever happened to one man - one vote?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:58

The whole process is a bit of a mystery. Do we even know if all panellists view the incident together and discuss it or whether they view it individually, maybe even in different locations, with or without discussion?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 20:58

It's all a bit strange. Surely they didn't need the 3 people to agree unanimously to change it? And if they is the case, why is one person who is paid to do something as straightforward as watching a video clip (along with maybe reading some written statements from the people involved) not doing so? What other decisions have been dealt with in the same way? Why are the three people doing this without anyone from the SFA overseeing them?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 11:19

Without knowing who's on the panel it's impossible to know if one person has actually been removed from future panels....
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net