DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Home game SATURDAY 25th April
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 12:10

Noticed on club Twitter feed that our home game on 25th April has a late kick off of 7.20 due to being on BBC Scotland.

"Our home fixture against Partick Thistle on Saturday April 25 has been moved to a 7.20pm Kick Off due to coverage live on BBC Scotland."

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THIS SATURDAY'S FIXTURE !!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Home game SATURDAY 25th April
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 12:18

I thought it I read somewhere that it was only two home games allowed to move. Obviously not!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Postage Stamp  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 12:33

At least it's not been moved to a Friday. Don't mind a Saturday late game quite so much!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 13:02

Gee, that’s a long shift in Legends from 12 noon!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 13:30

Aye, Legends will be buzzing by kick-off...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 14:29

I'm surprised at how accepting and philosophical some some of you are. It's a piece of nonsense, for want of a more colourful expression.

I could put up with the inconvenience if the Pars actually made some money from it - and please don't anyone tell me they will because they will almost certainly make a net loss, when the drop in income from pay on the day fans is factored in.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:03

I bagsy an entire leather couch 1970Par! Feet up, Coca Cola in haund.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 20 Feb 14:29

I'm surprised at how accepting and philosophical some some of you are. It's a piece of nonsense, for want of a more colourful expression.

I could put up with the inconvenience if the Pars actually made some money from it - and please don't anyone tell me they will because they will almost certainly make a net loss, when the drop in income from pay on the day fans is factored in.

I think if it is a playoff position decider....knowing the other scores, being on the tele will not affect the crowd too much. Fans will turn up to be the extra man.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 15:34

All three games we will have featured in are home games so we will have lost revenue on one-sixth of our home league fixtures, That seems quite a high percentage to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:01

Why are we never on tv at an away fixture it is not on surely.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:06

The bar take in Legends will be enormous!!

Will be interesting to see the opening times, I’m only being facetious about starting at 12 noon bit there is an opportunity for people to watch live scores etc and make a day of it

The Trailblazers table might need to be sensible and start at 12.30ish
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:24

I wonder what time Hospitality will start that day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:34

FRED1981 poses a question which needs answered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 17:38

"I thought it I read somewhere that it was only two home games allowed to move. Obviously not!"

not sure if that is true although it actually has happened in terms of Friday nights, where 2 extra games later on the Saturday night come in, is this part of the deal or been added?

hopefully it wont have too much of an impact financially.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 18:10

A pain really- there's no benefit.

Dundee game was significantly down, hardly any Dundee fans there, most would have to take time off work -even the partick fans will have a late return home

Depends on where we both are, but if we have not much to play for (unlikely) then it's easy for some not to turn up, TV viewing figures must be almost entirely fans of both clubs, plus a few curious fans of our rivals.

An awful TV deal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 18:11

Is it perhaps something to do with the standard of floodlights? Some teams have pretty poor lighting and would therefore be a poor choice for TV games at night

Just trying to make sense of the answer to the question Fred1981 poses
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 18:19

Quote:

1970par, Thu 20 Feb 17:06

The bar take in Legends will be enormous!!

Will be interesting to see the opening times, I’m only being facetious about starting at 12 noon bit there is an opportunity for people to watch live scores etc and make a day of it

The Trailblazers table might need to be sensible and start at 12.30ish

Legends won't be any more busy than normal
The fact that no live football is shown(rightly cutting costs) means folk that will make a day of it will likely head elsewhere to watch live games and then the scores then the half ko on sky or bt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 18:49

Pretty sure Dundee and Dundee Utd have good floodlights but strangely they seem to be the OF of the championship.We and Alloa have both been done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 18:52

I doubt if there is any other country where sponsorship results in clubs losing money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Thu 20 Feb 21:09

How long are we tied in to this pathetic, loss-making BBC contract? Anyone know?

Is it just this season or can we look forward to weird kick-off times, empty stadia, loss of income and pi** poor punditry for a couple of seasons?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 00:37

All floodlights have to meet the standard. Kelty cup match shown live on BBC at night without any concerns. Floodlights isn't a reason in the decision making of live games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 10:47

The reality is that "Championship Sportscene" has been the unexpected success story for the new BBC Scotland Channel.

That is why production values have visibly increased and we get authoritative commentary and expert analysis.

However,incredibly, the Championship clubs receive around 12% of the income from their own games.

The Premiership,who are not involved,grab 82%.

Scottish Football is structured for the benefit of two bloodsucking clubs and the Michael Stewart furore ( and Graham Speirs before that) shows ,clearly, the danger of criticising them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 11:33

Couple of points -

- original press release only mentioned "up to 20 games per season", there was no mention of maximum home games or anything else. I think it was mentioned by some people at the time but that may have been the original post-season deal which started in the February when the new channel was launched.

- not sure what the bit about "expert analysis" is referring to when we get 5 minutes pre-match and about the same post-match.

- while we get less money than the Premiership clubs for this deal, we get money from the general SKY/BT deal which almost exclusively shows Premiership games (although BT have shown a Dundee derby or two). If Championship clubs wanted to keep all the revenue for this deal (which is worth relative buttons) the Premiership clubs would have been asking to keep all of the SKY and BT money (which pir share is a lot more than we'd get if we only had the BBC money). Not ideal for sure but its probably better overall. Sadly we don't have much of a say in SPFL TV negotiations but it's worth pointing out that the new SKY deal for next season is for more money but fewer games, so there is a positive direction of travel there
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 12:21

Isn't the effect of all these TV deals for league games that the home club in the televised game effectively subsidises the rest of the clubs by losing match day revenue? For the distribution to be fair each club would have to host the same number of televised games over the season. I'm not sure that happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 12:36

At the start of the season the BBC said they would show 20 Championship games with each team playing twice at home but obviously this doesn't include BT. Of the first 9 games shown on BBC there was a different home team each time.Of the 10 teams the only team who weren't shown at home was Dundee Utd but the Dundee derby was on BT. I haven't been keeping tabs but if BBC have stuck to this then it seems a fair enough distribution.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 12:47

With this game against Partick and the two home games against Dundee all being shown on BBC surely they have broken their undertaking?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 12:50

Unless they have increased the amount of games they are showing? They did say a minimum of 2 home games for every side.

If my info is wrong blame the BBC for that too :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48868002

Post Edited (Fri 21 Feb 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 13:13

Yes, it's a minimum of 2 home games not a maximum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Feb 13:20

''BBC Scotland will show 20 Championship games across the course of the season, with every club featuring at home at least twice.''

For that to work each of the ten clubs would have two home games shown. For the system to be fair, if they show three home games for one club they should show three home games for every club which they could only do by covering 30 games.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net