DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Will Lo Celso Serve a Suspension?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 09:30

I watched the Chelsea - Spurs game live on BY Sport. Lo Celso's "tackle" on Azpilicueta was a shocker, but missed or not considered serious foul play by Michael Olivier. Perhaps he didn't have a great view of the incident. It went to VAR. Meantime, we're watching replays of it and I wanted to shut my eyes in horror. Incredibly, Glenn Hoddle initially said he thought Lo Celso had attempted to drag the ball (which wasn't there) back with his studs. He then agreed it looked very bad from another angle and might have been a red.

Incredibly, VAR didn't deem it to be a sending off offence. Hoddle then suggested VAR had agreed with his initial analysis. Some 20 mins later, VAR decided, yes maybe it should have been a red card after all.

In this case, it didn't affect the outcome of the game - unlike the Harry McGuire incident, in Chelsea's previous game. Does this mean that Lo Celso gets off scot free, like McGuire, or will he get a retrospective ban, given that VAR has admitted the error?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Will Lo Celso Serve a Suspension?
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 13:18

There’s been so many instances of var getting clear and obvious decisions wrong, it’s like they are using the sfa appeal panel to monitor it.

Even if they agreed that he was trying to drag the ball back it doesn’t matter as he was still endangering an opponent and has to be better aware of his surroundings.

I don’t know if var has been as big a farce in the other competitions, doesn’t seem to be in the champions league anyway, so why are they getting it so wrong in the epl, is it because it’s so high profile and the media here is scrutinising everything as well.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 13:26

He will have a 3-6 game ban by Tuesday. Horrible tackle. There's never a good reason to stamp your foot in football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 20:33

VAR is a necessary tool in football It has worked well in other sports especially in the rugby equivalent

It is giving the on field Ref the chance to re-evaluate a real time decision that was perhaps dubious

However what VAR has done has shown up the complete incompetence of both the Referee's and the so called video assitant Referees

There is nothing wrong with VAR .. it is the people who are using it

It is still in its infancy in England there is a learning curve and it will get better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 20:43

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 23 Feb 20:33

VAR is a necessary tool in football It has worked well in other sports especially in the rugby equivalent

It is giving the on field Ref the chance to re-evaluate a real time decision that was perhaps dubious

However what VAR has done has shown up the complete incompetence of both the Referee's and the so called video assitant Referees

There is nothing wrong with VAR .. it is the people who are using it

It is still in its infancy in England there is a learning curve and it will get better

Correct, BPP. Nothing wrong with VAR in principle - to eliminate clear and obvious errors, but the way it's being used in the EPL is a shambles - and that's after delaying its introduction to see how it worked elsewhere in the hope of avoiding any teething problems. Ian Wright said on MOTD that it's not working well and is making a lot of people very unhappy.

Quite a damning indictment......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:18

Aye GG and I saw the Garth Crooks rant as well if you have not seen it it is with a watch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:22

Rugby use it correctly and leave the ref in charge.VAR has a guy in an office overruling the onfield ref.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 21:27

Can't see him being banned. VAR watched incident and decided it was not a red, they've admitted error but I suspect too late now.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net