DAFC.net
Home 07 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Coronavirus - Serie A to play behind closed doors?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 20:39

The whole of Italy appears to be in a blind panic regarding the spread of the coronavirus. Two elderly people have died - a 78 year old man and a woman of 77. The man was infected by the virus, but it's unclear whether the woman was. A number of games scheduled for today in the north of Italy were cancelled.

The football authorities are meeting the Minister for Sport tomorrow and it seems likely they will opt to play games behind closed doors to try and limit the spread of the virus.

It's probably a classic case of you're damned if you act and damned if you don't.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Coronavirus - Serie A to play behind closed doors?
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 23 Feb 20:52

Totally agree.

I remember when SARS was around, I was working in Taiwan and in our office we had 4 people who were quarantined, no big deal, within 10 days they were back, the health authorities are well on top of this.

Every year there are flu outbreaks, and yes a few people with underlying health problems die, but this is not the Spanish flu!

Doesn't help with people like that couple on the cruise ship wanting the UK government to do...I'm not sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 11:39

Looks as if the problem in Italy goes well beyond football grounds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:19

50,000 people in Italy prohibited from leaving their town without permission as several locations go into lock down. Unfortunately it seems as if the measures to contain the virus have been successful.

No one would talk much in society if they realised how often they misunderstood others
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:26

might have to get ParsTV ramped up to allow people in UK to watch ;o)

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 12:58

Get GG to do the commentary and you can all retire!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 14:28

Quote:

brian, Mon 24 Feb 12:26

might have to get ParsTV ramped up to allow people in UK to watch ;o)

It's a shame the licensing laws prohibit you to streaming to those in England, Wales and Northern Ireland Brian, sure there would be a few fans who would go for that!

Do you reckon if Scotland got independence the laws would change?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 14:37

I'm pretty sure we would, then we would be a different jurisdiction, could get rid of the ugly sisters at the same time!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 16:57

Nation wide panic now out of control in Italy - and some are not slow to take advantage. €2 antibacterial hand wash soaps are selling at €8-10 and shoppers are filling their trollies......

How will that help against a virus?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:17

Seems strange, I'm reading this- how many people normally die of the flu at this time of year?

Austria temporarily closed the border, (I'm assuming it was the innsbruck-Verona/Bolzano train)

I'm not being complacent, seems an overreaction? This smacks of the measles anti vaccination thing in italy.

I've a friend who cancelled a Rome trip, which seems completely unnecessary.

Maybe famous last words from me.......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 17:36

We have large swathes of the most vulnerable vaccinated against the most prevalent strains of flu though. There is no vaccination against this for those people. It's also the knock on effect it has on health services as they struggle to help those who take ill. I didn't realise this but when we had the swine flu outbreak over ten years ago it killed hundreds of thousands.

No one would talk much in society if they realised how often they misunderstood others
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 24 Feb 20:44

GG, there was a medical type on radio this morning advising that hand washing was a key factor in preventing transmitting the disease to facial area after contact with carrier.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 13:19

Then we have how many thousands of scottish rugby fans over in Rome last weekend, how long before it hits Scotland like Italy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 09:15

5 more games will be played behind closed doors this weekend including Juventus v Inter on Sunday evening.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 10:06

''5 more games will be played behind closed doors this weekend including Juventus v Inter on Sunday evening.''

That's a top of the table clash and Juve won't be happy about that as the home side. Neither will their ST holders, who would have made up the vast majority of the crowd. I wonder if the club will offer them some form of compensation, perhaps a discount on next season's STs?

At any rate, I think it's all a bit OTT. It's not exactly the Black Death, is it? The coronavirus is highly contagious but not lethal. Those most at risk already have serious underlying health issues, mainly among the elderly and very young. These people are unlikely to have been going to a football match in any case.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 10:54

Yes but maybe their healthy relatives would have gone and could bring it home to them.
Again its more about the knock on effect to health services. If this virus sweeps through a population and many of those vulnerable groups require urgent medical assistance or even a hospital bed then it that puts strain on other hospital services.
We need to slow down the rate of infection so we can into the warmer months when the seasonal flu will have declined and the heath services will have more slack.

Post Edited (Wed 26 Feb 11:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:42

I agree with TOWK.

When (not if) the virus comes to Scotland and there is significant person-to-person infection, we are all going to have to decide if we want to attend large gatherings where one person, perhaps showing no symptoms, can pass on to dozens or hundreds of people a potentially fatal illness for which there is as yet no vaccine or cure.

Many football fans are elderly and/or have family who are vulnerable, so even if matches go ahead then crowds will be reduced, as people decide the risks significantly outweigh the reward.

Eventually the illness will burn itself out and/or a vaccine will be developed, but until then many businesses and events will be badly affected, and should at least have contingency plans as a discussion point at board meetings.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:57

You would think governments, especially Westminster, would be quite happy to encourage movement of people to spread this around. Surely thousands of pensioners dying due to this would save a fair bit of money and suit them down to the ground
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 14:31

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 26 Feb 10:54

Yes but maybe their healthy relatives would have gone and could bring it home to them.
Again its more about the knock on effect to health services. If this virus sweeps through a population and many of those vulnerable groups require urgent medical assistance or even a hospital bed then it that puts strain on other hospital services.
We need to slow down the rate of infection so we can into the warmer months when the seasonal flu will have declined and the heath services will have more slack.

Good points , well made, TOWK. I do hope if/when it inevitably comes to these islands, we manage to avoid the hysteria that's currently being generated in Italy. No one should be complacent but let's keep a sense of perspective.

I believe the Spanish flu of 1918 spread to every corner of the globe within 3 months of it first being reported and that at a time when there was virtually no tourism or mass air travel. Fortunately, the coronavirus is nothing like as deadly and a vaccine will probably be developed fairly soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 15:26

Yes, i don't know what happened to Italy these last 25 years, a very advanced country just seem to be gripped by hysteria for all sorts of things ( measles, economy, immigration) and keep searching for easy, populist solutions- this immediately was blamed on....you know who.

The health authorities are more than capable there of doing what is needed.

I was in Asia during SARS, and as long as perspective is kept will be fine.

I'm off to Spain cycling in a couple of weeks, if the weather was a bit better would have been Italy, and I would have gone no problem judging by the numbers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 16:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 26 Feb 14:31

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 26 Feb 10:54

Good points , well made, TOWK. I do hope if/when it inevitably comes to these islands, we manage to avoid the hysteria that's currently being generated in Italy. No one should be complacent but let's keep a sense of perspective.

I believe the Spanish flu of 1918 spread to every corner of the globe within 3 months of it first being reported and that at a time when there was virtually no tourism or mass air travel. Fortunately, the coronavirus is nothing like as deadly and a vaccine will probably be developed fairly soon.

The Spanish flu spread due to WW1. Millions of troops came home and there was nothing in place to limit the movement of people. It was actually a perfect storm for a virus.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 19:29

''The Spanish flu spread due to WW1. Millions of troops came home and there was nothing in place to limit the movement of people. It was actually a perfect storm for a virus.''

Yes, that accounts for the countries who were involved in the Great War, MS, but the flu reached many countries which weren't - and very quickly, too. There has to be an additional explanation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 20:54

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 26 Feb 19:29

''The Spanish flu spread due to WW1. Millions of troops came home and there was nothing in place to limit the movement of people. It was actually a perfect storm for a virus.''

Yes, that accounts for the countries who were involved in the Great War, MS, but the flu reached many countries which weren't - and very quickly, too. There has to be an additional explanation.

Which countries did it reach that were not involved in WW1. The UK called upon the service of most of the commonwealth. At the time that was probably about 1/3 or more of the world. Add that to the countries who fought with Germany and people travelling home via land means mainly and it probably covers nearly 1/2 the world just from ww1.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 20:57

With the concern over Italy, I wonder how many of our rugby supporters have been checked for the virus.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 21:00

The pandemic changed the course of World War I

It’s unlikely that the flu changed the outcome of World War I, because combatants on both sides of the battlefield were relatively equally affected.

However, there is little doubt that the war profoundly influenced the course of the pandemic. Concentrating millions of troops created ideal circumstances for the development of more aggressive strains of the virus and its spread around the globe.

As a footnote. The death rate for the virus was 20% of the population which were infected.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 20:33

Don't want to trivalise, but tour companies, could go bust over this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:02

I do find it disconcerting how dismissive some people are of those with underlying health issues as if they are less important than being able to go to a game of football.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:04

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 26 Feb 20:57

With the concern over Italy, I wonder how many of our rugby supporters have been checked for the virus.

Depending on route taken some have been told to self isolate by their employers

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:17

Veneto is about the main rugby area in Italy, so a huge amount of the Italy fans at the game are from there, the game is only played in Rome because it's the capital-rugby rules... the sport is a mystery there.

Not trivialising underlying health problems, my dear late brother would be taking precautions at the moment, but it has to be said 17000 people died in England alone last year from 'flu.

A sense of perspective is good, it's not a pandemic at the moment, and if it is, then we deal with it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:24

2 years back I took my dad to Milan for the Milan Derby at the San Siro only for it to be cancelled because of the death of the Fiorentina captain and all Serie A games were postponed. Now in 8 weeks we have booked to go back for the Inter v Torino game. I wonder how likely it will be that the games will still be getting played behind closed doors. The San Siro is on my bucket list and I hope to see a game in it before they knock it down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 06:24

If the Givernment really does cancel any large gatherings; Hamilton Accies games will be unaffected.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 06:51

''I do find it disconcerting how dismissive some people are of those with underlying health issues as if they are less important than being able to go to a game of football.''

I don't think anyone is being dismissive or suggesting we don't take adequate precautions, P. Only yesterday, have Italian ministers started to criticise the media for sensationalist reporting of the outbreak, which has succeeded in terrorising huge swathes of the country's citizens.

I was sent a photo of a woman sitting on a bus, with a large, see-through, poly bag on her head, which would be funny if it wasn't quite tragic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 07:18

The Cycling Tour of UAE (Top Event) has just been stopped, I can see 2020 the year of no sport. I can’t see the Olympics still being on in 2 weeks time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 07:39

The Olympics aren't on until July. Surely they won't make a decision to cancel them in mid March?

Post Edited (Fri 28 Feb 07:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 07:58

Japan have already shut all schools in the country for the next month, so can’t see them wanting millions of visitors for the Olympics in the summer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 08:05

You'd have to think that the Euros will be in doubt as well then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 10:45

Quote:

P, Thu 27 Feb 21:02

I do find it disconcerting how dismissive some people are of those with underlying health issues as if they are less important than being able to go to a game of football.

Agree 100% . Wtf its only the elderly and infirm that are at risk. We dont need any extra precautions. FFS Im sure moronic attitudes will change if someones granny unfortunately gets it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 14:07

Quote:

neils, Thu 27 Feb 21:17

Veneto is about the main rugby area in Italy, so a huge amount of the Italy fans at the game are from there, the game is only played in Rome because it's the capital-rugby rules.

My son went to Frascati with Kirkcaldy u/16's some 20+ years ago and lost narrowly to Latzio u/21's, they offered him and 2 others a professional contract!

Needless to say we turned it down as he was going to college to study computer systems, in which he now makes a pretty penny.

What might have been?🤔

Post Edited (Fri 28 Feb 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 14:19

With the benefit of hindsight, Scotland should not have played Italy in Rome last week. Some Italian fans will almost certainly have caught the virus, without knowing it and passed it on to their Scottish counterparts, who in turn will have brought it back to Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 14:36

Interesting that a virius has done what the Italian football authorities, won't do over the issue of racism within thier fan base all over the country.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 16:28

''Interesting that a virius has done what the Italian football authorities, won't do over the issue of racism within thier fan base all over the country.''

It is quite ironic, Salton. The will to tackle endemic racism doesn't seem to be there - not surprising when you consider that Carlo Tavecchio was re-elected as president of the Italian Football Federation, by the clubs of Serie A and B in 2017, in spite of declaring that there were too many many ''banana eaters'' in Italian football - a disgraceful reference to black players there.

And before we in Scotland take the moral high ground, let's bear in mind that our own football authorities have made zero progress in their declared aim of rooting out sectarian bigotry in the Scottish game.

Post Edited (Fri 28 Feb 18:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 17:56

I'm guessing you meant 2017 GG?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 18:47

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 28 Feb 17:56

I'm guessing you meant 2017 GG?

You're guess is a good one, TOWK. ☺ I'll edit that now.

The good news is that Tavecchio is no longer in post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 11:59

Switzerland have cancelled all fixtures this weekend, also any event where 1,000 or more people are in attendance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 12:34

Quote:

Swisspar, Sat 29 Feb 11:59

Switzerland have cancelled all fixtures this weekend, also any event where 1,000 or more people are in attendance.

I heard that, Swisspar. I suppose they had to draw an arbitrary line somewhere but if you have a crowd of 8-900 there's still a lot of scope for passing the virus on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 12:57

Games in Italy off now.

Five Italian Serie A football games have been postponed, including a Juventus match against rivals AC Milan. The games were going to be played behind closed doors, but the league decided to call them off on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Adam Warlock  
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 16:20

I'll punch coronaviruses puss
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 3 Mar 19:15

Quote:

DulochConvert, Sat 29 Feb 12:57

Games in Italy off now.

Five Italian Serie A football games have been postponed, including a Juventus match against rivals AC Milan. The games were going to be played behind closed doors, but the league decided to call them off on Saturday.

Juve were meant to be playing Inter on Sunday, DC. It was then suggested they play the next day, with home fans only, as Turin is not a coronavirus hot spot. Not surprisingly, Inter refused. The game has been put back until May.

Two games were played on Sunday - Cagliari v Roma in Sardinia and Lecce v Atalanta in S.E. Italy, which finished in a remarkable 7-2 win for Atalanta who come from Bergamo, near Milan, right in the middle of the most badly affected region. Atalanta fans were surprisingly allowed to attend and screened for the virus as they entered the stadium.

Tomorrow sees two Coppa Italia semi-finals (Juve-Milan and Napoli- Inter) with away fans banned, but no doubt some will find a way to beat the ban.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 06:23

This coronavirus must be quite selective - it's concentrating all its energy on Serie A crowds, but the Italian FA have rumbled it, so games in Serie B and lower leagues will go ahead as normal this weekend.....

Post Edited (Fri 06 Mar 06:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 13:12

I noticed that midweek... Venezia and Chievo travelled.

Ridiculous, if you are going to panic, panic properly!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 13:26

With the Italian death toll from then virus already over 140 I'm surprised they aren't cancelling all large gatherings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: southsidejonny  
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 17:45

A wee bit off topic but I am surprised Scotland v France rugby match is going ahead this weekend. Might help the virus spread in the capital and then the country.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 18:14

Are you implying the French are unfamiliar with soap?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 18:26

A medical expert said there is a low chance of contracting it in crowds outside, but much more inside like pubs etc

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 18:29

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 6 Mar 18:26

A medical expert said there is a low chance of contracting it in crowds outside, but much more inside like pubs etc

Did he explain how he arrived at his conclusion?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 18:58

Nature doing its work. Part of the thing in winter is closed windows whereas in summer they are open. Inside environments with no airflow and heating on will be a bug's paradise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 19:08

Newsnight last night, and this mornings Today programme were interesting.

Pretty much explaining this, confirming the futility and pointlessness of banning large crowds.

Interesting, and have to say the reaction from the general public has been quite impressive, ditto MPs, no panic, some concern, as much that can be done is being done.

Just seems to be the tabloids, and strangely the Guardian that are lurid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 19:22

On the news today that the concern might be that they do too well at containing the virus and it ends up peaking in the autumn winter or having a double peak.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 19:42

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 6 Mar 19:22

On the news today that the concern might be that they do too well at containing the virus and it ends up peaking in the autumn winter or having a double peak.

No danger of them containing this. Nearly 50 deaths in 24 hours in Italy so putting everything behind closed doors is the right decision imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 19:44

Sorry Ipswich, I was meaning in this country.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Mar 19:45

Yes, it's all relatively unknown, but really everyone seems to be using common sense which is good.

The experts are getting heard, the guff is not (homeopathy etc.)

No one is looking for scapegoats (are you listening Italy)

Here, there's two very elderly gentlemen, so we do pretty much what every street in Scotland does.

Could go on for six months, so pointless shutting anything down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 01:06

That's a member of the Scotland women's rugby team now tested positive for the virus, with other team members self-isolating. Saturday's match with France is cancelled.

I can't see this football season finishing, except possibly behind closed doors. Any team could lose half its players, with an effect on the last few matches that will decide promotion or relegation.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 09:09

There is a meeting on Monday between the government , various sporting bodies and sports broadcasters to explore the challenges/ practicalities of staging events behind closed doors. Reading the BBC website they state that there is an expectation that some events will be staged behind closed doors within the next two weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 10:07

I also heard a couple of reports this morning that said they were considering banning over 70’s from large events. The second report went on to say it may just be a request to over 70’s to keep away which would be a bit better than a total ban tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 11:03

Quote:

wetherby, Sat 7 Mar 09:09

There is a meeting on Monday between the government , various sporting bodies and sports broadcasters to explore the challenges/ practicalities of staging events behind closed doors. Reading the BBC website they state that there is an expectation that some events will be staged behind closed doors within the next two weeks.

If football matches are played behind closed doors until the end of the season, it could well drive a number of clubs over the edge of a financial cliff, including our own, unless the Government was to provide some help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If that's not forthcoming, it'll be down to us fans. Cue an appeal for more Lifeline members, perhaps? I'm maybe getting a wee bit ahead of myself here, but it would cause absolute chaos if clubs had no income until the first STs are sold for next season. I will happily double my Lifeline contribution until it's all over, if this Doomsday scenario comes to pass and I hope others who can afford it will do likewise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 11:09

Yes, just play it by ear.

All seems to be fine, if it explodes then as much preparation as possible without everyone panicking- if it just doubles every few days then stabilises before dropping then no one has done anything daft.

There will be more, always has been always will.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 12:31

We live in a village that has just had South Africa's first and so far only confirmed case of the virus - a guy coming back from a holiday in Italy. The local school his kids went to (400m away from my house) was shut as a precaution on Friday. My good lady's Doctor (also same practice as my Doctor) in the village treated him and she is currently isolated awaiting results of tests on herself and staff. She was interviewed on a local national TV News channel (wearing mask). It was refreshing to see someone being rational and not over-reacting. Her view was that we shouldn't panic and rather just carry on normally; but take sensible precautions to minimise risk of getting the virus by not shaking hands, keeping 1-2m away from people sneezing and regularly washing hands and trying not to touch your face. She put things into perspective, saying that this was just like a bad flu and that most people would recover fine anyway. Obviously old unfit smokers with some other existing medical problems are most at risk and need to be more careful. We are quite lucky here in that we are at the end of summer and still have some hot days. Apparently the virus on surfaces apparently dies off when temperatures exceed around 24-25 degrees, and we have had a couple of days over 30 degrees recently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 7 Mar 12:48

Wow that's a bit close to home Rhino. Take care.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Mar 00:11

The north of Italy now in lockdown. It's coming, folks. :(
BBC News - Coronavirus: Italy to 'quarantine 10 million people' in Lombardy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Post Edited (Sun 08 Mar 00:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Mar 21:13

All sport across the whole of Italy now suspended completely until April 3rd, which looks like a very optimistic date.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 9 Mar 21:35

The whole of Italy now subject to the travel restrictions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 06:14

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 08 Mar 00:11

The north of Italy now in lockdown. It's coming, folks. :(
BBC News - Coronavirus: Italy to 'quarantine 10 million people' in Lombardy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238

What’s coming exactly?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 07:24

That post sounds ludicrous Stanza.

Ah well better get the pitchforks out, and man the barricades.

Can't move here for bread and toilet rolls!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 12:10

This will have an effect on all of us in some way shape or form, it may be through cancelled holidays, meetings or sporting events.

It will have a profound effect on thousands of businesses not to mention those poor people who contract the virus or have to work with those who are unwell
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 12:45

Today's news suggests the rate of infection may have peaked in some countries, including China. Great news if this trend is confirmed.

Still some way to go, let's be careful out there!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 12:47

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 10 Mar 12:45

Today's news suggests the rate of infection may have peaked in some countries, including China. Great news if this trend is confirmed.

Still some way to go, let's be careful out there!

Why am I hearing the Hill Street Blues theme? 😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 12:54

I'm off to Sevilla tomorrow! Got to say been impressed with the information, no one really panicking, and for once the experts are in the forefront.

It may well increase a fair bit, but common sense seems to be dominant.

Would be great if this continues.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 12:59

La Liga games to be behind closed doors for the next 2 weeks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 14:29

Yes, segunda as well- usually like to fit in as many games when I'm abroad.

Not this time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 15:56

“The Republic of Ireland's Euro 2020 play-off against Slovakia on 26 March will be played behind closed doors following a Slovak Government decision. This follows coronavirus cases in Slovakia which led the government on Monday to announce a 14-day ban on all sporting events in the country.”

We are tracking about 2 weeks behind Italy - I will be amazed if Scotland’s game v Israel is on or if it is if anyone gets in to see it or the final (which isn’t great when I have flights to Norway & Serbia booked).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 18:54

SPL won't want to play a certain game behind closed doors this weekend!🤔🤔🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 10 Mar 19:24

Tonight's game between Valencia and Atalanta is being played behind closed doors. Thousands of Valencia fans are lining the streets as their team coach drives by and are outside the stadium. It's all a bit pointless really. The police are expecting similar for the PSG v Dortmund game at the Parc de Princes tomorrow night too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 07:37

Arsenal's game against Manchester City tonight has been postponed. As Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis announces on Instagram he has the virus. The games at the weekend should be fine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:36

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani tested positive for CoronaVirus
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:47

Might well put their Champions League fixture in doubt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 06:27

''Might well put their Champions League fixture in doubt.''

There's no way their return leg v Lyon can go ahead next week now, imo. The French side had already indicated that they don't want to travel to Turin and asked UEFA to move the game to a neutral country.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 08:51

NBA in America suspended now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 09:03

Struggling to see how European competition can continue for the foreseeable and the European Championships now have to have a massive question mark over them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 09:14

Postpone the Euros til next Summer and use this summer as a catch up for domestic leagues and Champions League maybe? Of course, FIFA want their own World Club Cup next summer so that may be a potential fly in the ointment...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 11:40

La Liga now suspended for at least the next two rounds of matches.We do seem to be out of step with the rest of Europe. I hope it's not a combination of complacency and arrogance on the part of government.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 12:03

Not complacency just wittering idiots ,China took stringent measures not it is on the wane there,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 12:43

Nicola Sturgeon tells FMQs that gatherings of 500+ people likely to be stopped in Scotland from Monday but current advice is NOT to close schools and universities
SPFL have said they have no cash to see clubs through this if the leagues shut down .
The lifeline may keep our club afloat

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net