DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man Of The Match
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 23:13

Kyle Turner.

Runner Up: Dom Thomas.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man Of The Match
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 25 Feb 23:21

Comrie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 00:27

Turner. Outstanding performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 00:59

Turner? He had a terrible first half, a good 20 minutes in the second half then ran out of steam after that. Was still better than Paton mind you! Thought the wide men did well, Devine was fine and the full backs were decent enough (although I don't understand why Murray continued there when Martin came on. Martin is not a centre half!)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 09:47

Moment of the match was obviously from Dom Thomas but Comrie was our man of the match.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 09:53

Turner for me, especially second half. He grabbed the gave and tried to push us on whilst also defending for his life

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 12:27

Can’t see what Turner brings to the team most of the time

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 12:43

Strange game we watch.

Apart from the 15 minutes around the time of our goal, I thought Turner was pretty poor. Still think there's a player there though.

Comrie was my MOM. Yet to see him have a bad game. Really solid signing.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 12:43

How anyone can give it to Thomas is beyond me. His end product was brutal all game.

He scored a wonderful goal but his wing play and crossing was very poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 12:46

I thought Turner was, as usual, one of the worst players last night. The game passes him by most of the time as he is constantly chasing shadows. He did have a good spell immediately after we scored where I think he actually tackled someone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:06

Devine or Comrie for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:26

I'm surprised Turner has been nominated. He has lost his knack of scoring goals which compensated for his lack of physicality. He seems to spend the game berating team-mates or apologising for a poor pass or choosing the wrong option. Dundee United always have physical, combative players in midfield so I fear for us if Turner plays.

Thomas is inconsistent but has contributed quite a lot in assists and goals since he joined. He's capable of a little bit of magic that can turn a game.

I can't think of any outstanding performances last night so would go with Mr Consistency - Aaron Comrie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:26

Paton for me.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 16:52

Hard one as don't think anyone stood out, a lot of effort from the whole team but all a bit frantic snatching at nearly every goal scoring opportunity. really concerned about the midfield Paton - lots of effort but when it comes down to the killer pass too slow and can't deliver. turner - extremely lightweight and had a fresh air shot just before the foul for the first goal, bit of promise but very lightweight, Time for Beadling and Thompson to get a go in the middle of the park not in the wide areas where ST has played them whenever picked.

Bill Horsburgh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 16:58

Turner had a good 20minutes second half when everything came off for him, beating players and playing telling through balls (at last)

Wondering whether Stevie threatened to sub him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 00:23

Turner was superb best player by a country mile and as for the people saying Danny Devine they need their heads shaking because he was mince!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 07:35

I am always interested to hear Fans choices after a match.

Though this is one thread where I wish we did not have thumbs up and down as I am convinced it puts some Supporters off commenting.

Aaron Comrie will get my vote as the most consistent player of the season and I trust he will re sign for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 08:36

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 27 Feb 07:35

I am always interested to hear Fans choices after a match.

Though this is one thread where I wish we did not have thumbs up and down as I am convinced it puts some Supporters off commenting.

Aaron Comrie will get my vote as the most consistent player of the season and I trust he will re sign for us.

You have to wonder whether everybody on these MOM threads actually watch the same game. Take this one - some have voted for Turner, others have suggested he was one of our poorer - if not poorest - performers. How can that be?

Football fans eh? ☺

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 09:45

Kyle Turner by a mile. One or two loose passes in the second half but apart from that was good all game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 10:20

The problem is and and always will be that some fans have favourites and only see the good, conversely when they dislike a player they will always see the faults, that is why opinions are not always subjective. It makes for lively debate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 10:52

The widely varying comments on Turners performances remind me a lot of those about Shaun Byrne.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:40

I thought Turner was fairly poor for the majority of the match. Spent a lot of time chasing shadows and never quite getting there, and his passing was poor. I was just thinking it was time he got replaced, when he pulled a top notch pass which found Afolabi. After that he did play well for about a 10 minute spell. My view overall though, was that his performance wasn't great. Couldn't fault his or any of the others, effort though. For me the Man Of The Match was Comrie, who looks a capable and consistent high performer.
I do quite like these threads though, they highlight which posters truly understand the game, and those who don't
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:47

''I do quite like these threads though, they highlight which posters truly understand the game, and those who don't.''

And of course, you're one of those who does, red star? ;-)

I rarely get involved as my eyesight is getting to be so poor that I constantly have to ask those round about ''Who was that?'' when any player involved in the play is some distance away. :-(

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 19:14

Comrie for me as well.

20 decent minutes from Turner - beyond me how anyone saw him as our best player - I’d replace him with Beadling for Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:02

Why does Turner divide opinion so much? We seem to either love him or hate him. As for me I see the good in the guy and think he's very talented. Reminds me of James Maddison. Good vision, likes to play the forward pass. Maybe could develop in taking on a man or two but so could all our midfielders. I think he's getting physically stronger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:33

I think Turner has it in him. I can see he has developed and improved with us. He is a bit light but with strength training we will get better.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net