DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 John Robertson
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 06:51

One of the few managers who post match tells it how it is his summing up is as honest as they come.Just a pity a couple of seasons ago he wasn't available because his reading of the game and tactics are spot on.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: John Robertson
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 08:30

Got a feeling that he has a soft spot for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 13:17

He must be the most honest Manager in Scottish football.

I wil never forget the wonderful afternoon in Inverness, after the brilliant goal in the dying seconds by Joe Cardle and Nicky Clark.

The match was not long finished, and John was hurting,but he paid tribute to the Dunfermline team and Management and wished us well in the Premiership play offs.

He freely admitted Inverness only deserved a draw last night and paid appropriate tribute to the groundsmen.

He is a gentleman.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 18:40

He wasn't very gentlemanly in his remarks about Greg Aitken after the game against Rangers colts. I'm surprised he wasn't hauled before the beaks. He's a decent guy and usually fair in his comments but he's no saint.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jose_Mourinho  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 21:18

Wasnt there stories doing the rounds about him after we beat ICT in Aberdeen in the semi final replay?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 23:14

What stories would they be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 05:25

I can't think of a more competent manager at this level. And he's always got a good word to say about Dunfermline. He was a damn fine player in his day, too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jose_Mourinho  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 14:05

Was a story about his personal life the night we won in Aberdeen, not going into full details as I don't fully know if it is true, hence why I asked the question.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 18:37

How thoroughly decent of you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:36

He is human like everyone else. We all have ups and downs. Overall he is a decent guy. I recall when he was at his height as a player. He always had time to talk.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net