DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Inverness CT
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 15:16

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First%20Team&D=2020-02-25&ID=1213&h=1

Highlights
Stevie Crawford
Owain Fon Williams

all up now

from the ParsTV team

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Inverness CT
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 16:09

Is that the same ref from England's world cup final in '66' ?

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 16:11

Freeze-frame inconclusive but, if that's taken at the point where the ball hit the ground, it looks more out than in. It's a shame there was no camera in the goal at that end in the first half. OFW didn't seem to have a view on whether it crossed the line.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:06

Inconclusive as to whether it crossed the line, but the decision to give a free kick when it's a clear dive from where the ref is standing is absolutely appalling. Not even close to being a foul. Maybe don't want to be seen booking Inverness players for diving after the Keating's incident?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:08

How does a ball go over the line if it comes off the bar, flies down and bounces out in front of the goal? How does it generate spin when it comes to a dead stop for a split second when it comes off the bar? Was the wind blowing strongly away from that goal? Is the area inside the goal not level?

Just considering the physics and the geometry, I can't see how that ball could have gone over the line.

On the other hand, the foul leading up to the free kick looks like a foul.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:22

Here's the science for you

https://plus.maths.org/content/when-goal-not-goal

Didn't read it all-prefer to watch Lampards effort v Germany as an example:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:22

Physics is fun.........

If the ball hits the bar at a 45 degree angle this will invoke a downward force onto the ball & a backspin onto the ball. The ball will travel downwards & hit the goal line where the backspin will invoke a small horizontal force, allied to a larger vertical force from the bounce the ball will appear to travel away from the goal line.

The tricky part is what angle did it hit the bar? The more acute the angle > of the ball going over the line.

Pay attention at the back......

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:26

To answer your question USmac the ball simply maintains back spin when it hits the bar and when it hits the line and therefore bounces outwards. Your physics is flawed, just like the refereeing on the night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:37

embarrassing dive and decision but unsurprising really.
as for the "goal", said already I didn't think it was over the line and the slowed down version confirms that even more imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:48

Hmmm...on the slow mo it appears that the ball appears to graze the post its way down down to the line (making contact with the post about a third, or a quarter of the way up). Given the post is on the line (not over), that would imply that it's VERY unlikely for the ball to have crossed the line after this contact (it doesn't have very far to travel).

If it does hit the post - and it might just be me seeing it giving no one else has mentioned - then it's a poor decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 17:52

it clearly hits the post
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 18:04

How come the camera behind the goal was working for our goal but not for their "first" goal. I am positive that the ball did not cross the line but a "blind" linesman did. In days of old, the official would have left EEP with a sore face!

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Wed 26 Feb 20:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 18:17

GJS93 - in which case it can't have crossed the line (some fairly straightforward maths would show this). The ref and/or lino should have seen it hit the post, and therefore come to the same conclusion.

It's a poor decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 18:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 26 Feb 18:04

Ho come the camera behind the goal was working for our goal but not for their "first" goal. I am positive that the ball did not cross the line but a "blind" linesman did. In days of old, the official would have left EEP with a sore face!

That camera is only put behind the goal Pars are shooting into.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 19:07

Let’s no forget the SH effort by ICT that hit the inside of the post.

........I thought that was in all the way.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 20:06

Doesn't look in to me. Whole ball has to cross the line and it hasn't by the freeze frame. Looks like we are the fall guys for bad decisions this season. Time to start making our own luck because the officials certainly aren't giving us any.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Wed 26 Feb 21:16

It's a poor decision, the assistant ref only awards that if he is sure the entire ball has crossed the line and that just isn't the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 05:50

My initial reaction was a goal but couldn't be sure the whole ball was over and I was in a better position than the linesman was.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 07:09

There's no way the ball could hit the bar then the post then cross the line and bounce out. It's just not possible. And none of the ict players claimed for it, in fact when the whistle blew they started trudging up the park as if it wS a foul to us and they had no idea the ref HD given a goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 07:12

Quote:

dd23, Thu 27 Feb 07:09

There's no way the ball could hit the bar then the post then cross the line and bounce out. It's just not possible. And none of the ict players claimed for it, in fact when the whistle blew they started trudging up the park as if it wS a foul to us and they had no idea the ref HD given a goal.

It is possible
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 07:24

Just showed the footage to the guys at work and none of them believe that was a goal. None of them Pars fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 07:32

Quote:

dd23, Thu 27 Feb 07:09

Exactly !
I was in the Norrie and the ball certainly didn't look over the line to me . I was left wondering for a couple seconds what was going on . The Caley players reactions speak volumes and they never celebrated at the time .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 08:31

The other question that must be asked is 'Could Williams have dealt better with the free kick'?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 11:36

obviously not 100% accurate but a players reaction will normally tell you if decision is right or wrong. Hands up "what me?" usually attempt to play down and avoid caution. Circling the ref to debate the decision tells you 2-3 players think it was a bad/incorrect decision. Not 1 player in that clip runs to ref or assistant to protest about the decision.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 12:32

Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
Date: Thu 27 Feb 08:31

The other question that must be asked is 'Could Williams have dealt better with the free kick'?

No, he's over 6ft 3 and never got a sniff.In or not it was a well hit free-kick.The TV pictures are inconclusive and unless you were at the game impossible to call IMO.I am one of the few who felt it was in.No point dwelling on it though we've only got ourselves to blame for not taking anything from the game.

Onto the next one!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 12:57

''Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey like | nolike
Date: Thu 27 Feb 11:36

obviously not 100% accurate but a players reaction will normally tell you if decision is right or wrong. Hands up "what me?" usually attempt to play down and avoid caution. Circling the ref to debate the decision tells you 2-3 players think it was a bad/incorrect decision. Not 1 player in that clip runs to ref or assistant to protest about the decision.''

Doesn't Thomas have a word with the ref? My recollection was he also ran over to speak to the assistant. What about the reaction of the Caley players when the ball drops and also when the whistle eventually goes? They look puzzled and as if they couldn't believe their luck when they realised a goal had been rewarded.

You always seem to take the ref's side, PuP. VAR is showing up how often they get things wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:00

parathletic wrote:

> Topic Originator: wee eck like | nolike
> Date: Thu 27 Feb 08:31
>
> The other question that must be asked is 'Could Williams have
> dealt better with the free kick'?
>
>
> No, he's over 6ft 3 and never got a sniff.In or not it was a
> well hit free-kick.The TV pictures are inconclusive and unless
> you were at the game impossible to call IMO.I am one of the few
> who felt it was in.No point dwelling on it though we've only
> got ourselves to blame for not taking anything from the game.
>
> Onto the next one!

I havent seen any pictures or highlights that would enable anyone to be certain on the correct outcome, what I am confident about is if it had been at the other end it would have been a foot over the line. Shame the gopro is at the other end.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:28

Watch it again eck.The closest ICT player McGregor(28) raises his arm and claims for a goal immediately and nobody has a better view than him.White tries to make sure but after he has missed and is falling to the ground his arms are raised claiming for the goal.The celebrations were delayed as they didn't realise it had been given.

Thomas had a word with the ref but he was standing at near enough the half-way line-he had absolutely no chance of seeing it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:36

I bow to your superior knowledge of body language. Of course we all know when a player claims for a throw-in we can be absolutely certain that it is his team's throw-in!

Thomas was probably as close to the incident as the assistant who appeared to make the decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:38

"Doesn't Thomas have a word with the ref? My recollection was he also ran over to speak to the assistant. What about the reaction of the Caley players when the ball drops and also when the whistle eventually goes? They look puzzled and as if they couldn't believe their luck when they realised a goal had been rewarded.

You always seem to take the ref's side, PuP. VAR is showing up how often they get things wrong."

not taking sides, the angles shown makes things completely inconclusive to determine just saying there is a rough logic when a ref makes a particularly poor call those around the incident will be quick to tell him. Thomas wasnt even in the box so not sure on how he had a better view.

VAR is showing you ref will apply a human logic to decision making rather than enforcing a letter of the law decision in every scenario. Refs were getting 97% of things "right" before VAR came along ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 13:50

This decision had nothing to do with 'human logic'. It was a simple matter of whether the whole of the ball was over the line or not.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 14:00

Ask Euan Murray-he will know best from a Pars perspective. Didn't see him making too many complaints to be honest.Crawford and Thomas seemed far more aggrieved about the free-kick being awarded in the first place in their post-match interviews.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 14:09

Maybe players have finally learned that protesting to officials about decisions is pointless. They're not going to change their minds.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 14:27

"This decision had nothing to do with 'human logic'. It was a simple matter of whether the whole of the ball was over the line or not."

That comment was in response to VAR not the goal. The fact we are 7 years on from basic goal line technology being applied south of the border and we dont have it here maybe tells you how far we are from VAR being implemented.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 15:01

I'd argue that the ball hitting the post near to the ground is pretty conclusive evidence that it didn't cross the line.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 15:53

https://twitter.com/dollythetweet/status/1232976854233079809?s=19
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 15:54

Agreed Bandy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 16:08

Topic Originator: Bandy like | nolike - 2
Date: Thu 27 Feb 15:01

I'd argue that the ball hitting the post near to the ground is pretty conclusive evidence that it didn't cross the line.

That would depend on what part of the post it hit surely, if it hits the inside or even the back of the post it certainly can be over the line.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 16:46

Not really - the post is on the line. If part of the ball hits part of the post, then the whole of the ball can't be over all of the line.

The fact the ball hits the post close to the ground means that the trajectory of the ball is massively unlikely to have a sufficient gradient to take the whole of the ball over the whole of the line by the time it hits the ground.

Not impossible, granted, but the odds are overwhelmingly in favour of the ball not crossing the line.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 16:56

Don't know why that link to Twitter isn't working. Maybe someone else can fix it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 16:59

Put < and > at the start and end of link respectively

Post Edited (Thu 27 Feb 17:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:02

Cheers parathletic. I think it shows there is no doubt it wasn't a goal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:03

Great photo! Is that from someone's phone?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:05

I zoomed into Ben's Video and slowed it down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:14

Brilliant piece of work. Now all you have to do is send it to the SFA!😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:15

Still inconclusive for me.It almost looks like the ball runs down the back of the post.Proves it wasn't in at ground level but need a side on view IMO.If it is in I reckon it's at the point when the ball is about a foot off the ground.Watched it about 50 times and still can't make my mind up :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:21

You think the assistant would be able to judge that from the touchline? He wasn't at the corner flag. By the way, 'inconclusive' means 'no goal'.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 17:27

Agreed eck. If we can't be certain from that then a linesman would have needed superpowers. No goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 18:42

Great footage thanks to both of you. Clearly shows that it wasn't a goal. This should be taken to the football authorities. The linesman was not in the correct place, however if goal line technology was introduced we would have got a point and Inverness would have lost 2.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 19:08

“Clearly shows it wasn’t a goal” - in whose mind? - indicates to me that the decision may very well have been right - the lack of complaints from the Dunfermline players closest suggests they weren’t convinced it didn’t go in either (and before anyone repeats it’s because they’re savvy and know it’s a waste of time moaning to the referee I’d point you in the direction of Ashcroft’s booking). It’s simply one of those decisions that sometimes go for you and sometimes against you - the ones that stick in our mind are those that go against us.

We had far more chances than Inverness but didn’t take them - beat Utd on Saturday and it’s not been a bad week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:34

We made enough chances to win the game. Finishing was the issue.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net