DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Local Football teams... Does your son or daughter play?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 21:52

We talk about the pars but I’m sure your son or daughter plays for a team that you go and watch?
IMO we are lucky as a town to have a facility like Pitreavie where hundereds of kids play the game every weekend at all age groups.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Local Football teams... Does your son or daughter play?
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 22:56

Live in Edinburgh and my daughter plays for Hutchie Vale. We’ve played Dunfermline a few times and have always beaten them. Bayside are a cracking girls team. Gordon Forrest’s daughter plays for their U11’s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 27 Feb 23:32

I watch my boy play every weekend, now at elevens so just left Pitreavie, except for a few away games. However been there every week the previous 5 years.
The thought that Pitreavie is a good system worries me, not one pitch is good! You turn up and hope you are on a bottom pitch, unless it’s rained in the last 2 days.
The slope on the cross pitches is comical.

Look at Iceland, they have a indoor 4G and 4 out side 4G pitches for the equivalent of every Highschool in Fife.

My sons team have been able to rents Fleet Ground, Bayview & Starks Park to enable them to keep playing! Just shows how limited the facility’s in Fife are!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 08:13

Son and daughter both at Hillfield Swifts so it's footie for me on Sat and Sun mornings. Laddie plays 11s for 2006s and the wee one just moved up to 7s with the under 11s. Both loving it.
Can't speak highly enough about the coaches that give their time, sometimes in trying circumstances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 09:24

Is it easy to get involved or are there teams looking for players ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 09:37

Coach with Crossgates 2010s, enjoy it in the main, but as alluded to above it has its moments.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 11:12

pitrevie is okay but with some proper investment the place could be a local sport hub thats actually worthwhile rather than sloping pitches, flooding in areas, shocking parking, dangerous astro-turf

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 12:31

My son plays for Kelty Hearts so they train on a great surface twice a week and the footballs pretty slick and then go play at pitreavie at the weekends and the surfaces are so poor the games are a lottery a lot of the time.
They play winter league at dalgety bay and because it's back on astro they are beating teams a year older than themselves regularly.

Good point above though, a bit of investment in pitreavie and it could be a great hub.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 16:18

Both my boys play for Real Fife, well now known as Raith Rovers community club unfortunately! 2008s and 2011s. East fife league for both.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 19:44

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 28 Feb 16:18

Both my boys play for Real Fife, well now known as Raith Rovers community club unfortunately! 2008s and 2011s. East fife league for both.

Try being a Pars fan and a Real Fife coach...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 28 Feb 20:28

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 28 Feb 19:44

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 28 Feb 16:18

Try being a Pars fan and a Real Fife coach...

Even worse

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net