DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Credit where it's due (and various other moans)
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 09:04

I would like to take the opportunity to give some credit to the management and players.
I was on here a few weeks ago and gave my opinion on the performances the team were producing and how poor they were.
The two wins and Tuesday's performance were much improved in terms of work rate, attitude and commitment. On Tuesday we were the victims of the enforced lay off and some severely dodgy officiating. While I wasn't at the game, the highlights package showed that we were unfortunate not to take something from a decent Inverness side.
So, while I moaned previously about the poorness of the performances, not the results, I would like to say 'well done' to the team and the management for the noticeable improvement. I hope we can continue in the same vein to the end of the season.

Now, since I am on here so infrequently I thought I'd do a job lot and get a few moans in...

Firstly, the SPFL in their wisdom are seemingly going out of their way to mess with my routine. I always come down from the Broch for the first and last home league games. Dundee, Friday night, not possible to get from Peterhead in time after work. Routine ruined. Partick Thistle, Saturday night. I will be there, but it will be a very late return for me. Thanks SPFL!!

Secondly, I've heard of journalistic license but some things are beyond the pale. Our very own Buffy no less, on the match updates described Dom Thomas' goal on Tuesday as a 35 yard screamer when in reality it was merely a 19 yard tap-in. Come on girl, we expect better from you ...

Finally (for the time being), there are a few things about the fine citizens of the north east that are a little strange to a Dunfermline boy, but there is one thing I just can't get my head around. Up here, a piece is a biscuit. I kid you not! But that's not all, a fancy (or funcy) piece is a cake. Now that is just WRONG!!

Good luck to the team today against Dundee United. I don't expect much, but I always hope for three points. I'd settle for a battling performance and take whatever we can get from the game.

Always a Par

JD

Sorry, just thought of another moan.
The ads on the site have been something I have learned to live with, annoying as they are. However, there is a new one which is the full width of the screen and covers much of the post board. Is there any way to stop these ads? This new one in particular. I can close it, but it opens every time I open a thread or return to the home board. Hopefully one of the more computer savvy posters can help me.

Thanks

JD

Post Edited (Sat 29 Feb 09:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Credit where it's due (and various other moans)
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 09:17

Agree about that big banner. It's a PITHA.

BTW, do you know Alan and Jean Thain?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 09:21

No, sorry. Not names I am familiar with. Unfortunately, the only people I know up here are my fellow Prison Officers or ... prisoners. Not a particularly auspicious group on either side ... :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 10:52

understand about the bottom banner,
and in discussion about it with the supplier.
thanks for feedback

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 16:04

Intrusive adverts make me, and I’m sure many others, LESS likely to buy the product being advertised.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net