DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Records......
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 11:36

...... are there to be broken.

We don't have a great record v United, stretching back for more seasons than I care to remember. One win (at the start of last season) in what feels like hunners of games. They're maybe running away with this league, but they're hardly unbeatable. They lost at home to Arbroath recently and were absolutely scudded by QOS in Dumfries.

Let's go out there and smash it today.

Come On Ye Paaaaaaarrrrrs!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Records......
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 11:52

Still remember back in 1995 pasting them 3-0 at east end and Dave bowman getting sent off. What a match!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 11:52

https://arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1022

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 12:52

Cannot beat them and Alloa jinx.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:02

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 29 Feb 12:52

FFS, Fred! D'you fancy doing the motivational, pre-match team talk, today? 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:09

Still remember the 3-3 game I went with my uncle and his mates. My uncle is one of them so I was in the home end with his mates and we went 3-0 down at half time. I was sat there on the old steps of the terracing wanting to go home but couldn't as I was with my uncles mates rather than with him so had to stay where I was.
During the break i remember someone shout over the tannoy
"If your happy and you know it stamp your feet"
Up went the sarcastic cheers to everyone's amusement. Any start of the second half we scored early doors again sarcastic cheers that we had scored. Then I went another with the cheers being a bit more of what's happening here and my uncles mates saying
"I bet your glad you stayed now".
Then the third went in I found myself in a mass huddle of jubilation everyone going mad with a good 10 mins or so to go on and try and win the game to no avail. We should of won it right at the death but Gerry Britton missed a sitter at the end of the game. Although it was only a draw it still felt like a win and was more than happy to rub my uncles face in it even though deep down we should of won it.
Yes another hard luck story against them buy when we do turn them over it makes it all the more sweeter even if it's only a draw out of nowhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:10

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 29 Feb 13:02

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 29 Feb 12:52

FFS, Fred! D'you fancy doing the motivational, pre-match team talk, today? 😃

They can yous my post if they want 🤣🤣. Need to get back to them days where yes we might not have had world class players not saying today's players are world beater aswell but back then they never knew when they were beaten

Post Edited (Sat 29 Feb 13:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:11

We beat Alloa in both away games last season but some fans seem to have selective memories if they get a notion into their heads.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:53

I think we were talking about this season mostly home games .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 13:57

By the way I don't fancy Crawford to give the pre motivational team talk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:07

Quote:

Pars_1986, Sat 29 Feb 13:09

Still remember the 3-3 game I went with my uncle and his mates. My uncle is one of them so I was in the home end with his mates and we went 3-0 down at half time. I was sat there on the old steps of the terracing wanting to go home but couldn't as I was with my uncles mates rather than with him so had to stay where I was.
During the break i remember someone shout over the tannoy
"If your happy and you know it stamp your feet"
Up went the sarcastic cheers to everyone's amusement. Any start of the second half we scored early doors again sarcastic cheers that we had scored. Then I went another with the cheers being a bit more of what's happening here and my uncles mates saying
"I bet your glad you stayed now".
Then the third went in I found myself in a mass huddle of jubilation everyone going mad with a good 10 mins or so to go on and try and win the game to no avail. We should of won it right at the death but Gerry Britton missed a sitter at the end of the game. Although it was only a draw it still felt like a win and was more than happy to rub my uncles face in it even though deep down we should of won it.
Yes another hard luck story against them buy when we do turn them over it makes it all the more sweeter even if it's only a draw out of nowhere

I think the match you're thinking of with the "if you're happy and you know it" tannoy was against St Johnstone during the festive period (cannae mind the year ) and the culprit was Gerry Britton (allegedly, of course 😁). Was a really poor game played in horrible wintry conditions. . .the tannoy lifted the mood at least.

Just checked Pars database. . .it could've been the game on 3.1.98, a 0-1 loss to St Johnstone.

Post Edited (Sat 29 Feb 15:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:20

Defo was the 3 each come back against dundee utd as I went with my uncle and he was in there end as he supports them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:43

Gerry Britton was outed as the culprit for the tannoy as he wasn't playing that day against Saints. If he was playing against United, then he couldn't have made the tannoy ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:50

I maybe wrong with the tannoy but its defo the dundee utd game I'm talking about lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 15:51

I'm sure britton came off the bench that day aswell against dundee utd
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 16:26

Quote:

Pars_1986, Sat 29 Feb 15:50

I maybe wrong with the tannoy but its defo the dundee utd game I'm talking about lol

Nae borr
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 29 Feb 17:18

The number 3 seems to come up in reminiscences about DAFC v DUFC - like the trio of penalty kick misses/saves (depends on you viewpoint) that became a world record (?) we'd rather forget !!!

Post Edited (Sat 29 Feb 18:17)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net