DAFC.net
Home 04 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Third Quarter
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 06:34

We have concluded the third quarter on the same number of points as last season.

We are hardly going to take just 4 more, as we did one year ago.

Not with Kevin,Lee and Ryan champing at the bit.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Third Quarter
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 08:30

As long as we don't suffer the meltdown we did at the end of last season we should be fine. I think circumstances are different now. With all due respect to Ashcroft, I don't think we've missed him in the last couple of games, but we've certainly missed Nisbet and Dow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 09:51

I feel we have missed Ashcroft
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 10:19

In the second quarter we took 15 points. This fourth quarter are the same games so I'm hopeful of surviving comfortably.

I think with our weakened team, and being as the endangered teams are maybe fighting harder than they were, we've done OK to get three draws.

I listened to McCall after the Plastic game, he thinks his team were brilliant and should have won by four goals so we can't be all that bad even if it ain't pretty and we're under the cosh at times.

BTW I think the three draws are better than a win against one team because it keeps a rein on all of them, i.e. we lost no ground to any of them

Post Edited (Wed 11 Mar 10:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 10:22

Thistle had a lot of the ball, particularly in the first half, but they were pretty one-dimensional with their punts into the box. I suppose they would argue it paid off eventually. McCall was obviously talking his team up for PT v Alloa on Saturday.

Post Edited (Wed 11 Mar 10:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 10:27

I believe so Eck. McCall seems to have set himself up for egg on face - I sense over-confidence in his remarks. Maybe Plastic will go on a run but it's all talk as yet and Alloa are the Honey Badgers of this league!

Who's next for humble pie?

Post Edited (Wed 11 Mar 10:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 14:40

We have 8 games left so the Thistle game last night was effectively the start of the final quarter.
In the equivalent fixtures this season we have won 4 and lost 4.
V's-
Dundee (a) LOST 3-4
Morton(h) WON 3-1
Alloa (a) LOST 2-1
Ayr (a) WON 1-0
Arbroath (h) WON 2-0
Dundee Utd (a) LOST 2-0
Partick (h) WON 5-1
ICT (a) LOST 2-0

Some difficult fixtures with the Ayr game likely to be the most significant but there's good memories of a late season trip and a win at Caley.

There is also the possibility of Utd having won the league and playing a fringe team in order to look at players going forward and ICT having secured 2nd resting players for the play off games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 18:14

Let us just hope that we have Dow and Nisbet back before the end of the season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net