DAFC.net
Home 04 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Liverpool v Atletico
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 20:50

Quite an absorbing match and a great atmosphere at Anfield. 1-0 Liverpool at half-time. Atletico far from out, but they'll have to be a bit more positive after the break.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Liverpool v Atletico
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 21:33

PSG leading dortmund on the night and now overall in the tie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:22

Liverpool 2-2 on the night ,so 3-2 down on aggregate,with 10 mins to go

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:28

Liverpool 😂😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:28

What are the rules on match ball?

Watching our ballboys having to fish about under the flag is embarrassing. I notice to night the ballboys already have a ball in there had when the ball went out!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:34

Are they doing a Dundee United? A burst balloon wobbling n farting across the finish line of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:01

The Empire is crumbling.

No one would talk much in society if they realised how often they misunderstood others
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:26

I don't know - still the best side in Europe according to Michael Owen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:31

Adrian majorly messed up for Athletico's 1st tonight. It's the only thing he had to do all game and made a huge bottom of it. Absolutely no excuses there.

Gomez is entirely at fault for their 2nd though. Henderson & Van Dijk had the crosser covered out wide so why is Gomez watching the ball?
He should be so tight to Llorente in the middle but instead he has his back to him and is watching the ball.

It was the exactly the same against Chelsea in the FA cup.
He kept backing off Ross Barkley, allowing him to run from his own half, unchallenged and get a shot off.

I hope Klopp goes right through him tonight for that awful defensive display during ET. I would drop him for Matip now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:37

That has to be the greatest shock of all time. How on earth did the greatest football team that’s ever played the sport end up losing that game ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 06:17

I really don't get all the schadenfreude by some fans on this thread. I could understand it if it involved Falkirk, since there's no love lost between their fans and ours.

I take my hat off to Atletico and Simeone. They came with their usual game plan and it worked to perfection, but most neutrals would probably agree that Liverpool's style is more entertaining to watch. Of course, football ceased to be a form of entertainment years ago - it's big business now and winning is all that counts.

The foundations for Liverpool's exit were laid in the first leg, imo. I felt they settled for the 0-1, confident they could overturn it at Anfield.

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Wed 19 Feb 06:55

''Liverpool will feel they can overturn their single goal deficit at Anfield, when they think back to their amazing comeback v Barca last season. Ironically, this might be a tougher mission for them. That game was a one off and some of the Barca players maybe thought the tie was already won....

Atletico know the tie is very much alive and will scrap for everything. Defensively, they'll give little away and if they manage a goal from a counter attack or set piece, I can see Liverpool heading out.''

Last night Liverpool created - and missed - enough chances to win half a dozen games, in spite of Atletico's impressive defensive resilience and organisation. To lay the blame for their defeat solely on Adrian is very harsh. Perhaps they should have retreated with 9 or 10 men behind the ball after Firmino put them in front in the tie, at the start of et. Atletico are not too great at overcoming teams who adopt similar (safety first) tactics to themselves.

Of course they will be disappointed to crash out of Europe in such a manner, but I'm sure they will console themselves by finally winning the EPL and by the widest points margin in a long time.

Maybe City can bring the CL trophy back to Manchester before they begin their ban - that'll please the success starved United fans no end.....

Post Edited (Thu 12 Mar 06:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 10:57

Surely GG it isn't difficult to understand that those of us who follow English teams that aren't Liverpool will find it hugely satisfying the Anfield mob have been knocked out. I'm sure of. Man Utd suffer a negative result tonight I'm sure you'll afford yourself a wry smile.
While you may take your hat off to Simone's tactics GG, Klopp certainly doesn't. Here's what he had to say about it.

"I am completely happy with the performance. It's so difficult to play a side like this. I don't understand, with the quality they have, the football they play. They could play proper football, but they stand deep and have counter-attacks.

"We accept it of course, but it doesn't feel right tonight. I realise I am a really bad loser, especially when the boys put such an effort in against world-class players on the other side who defend with two rows of four."

Now imagine it was Jose that came out with that.

No one would talk much in society if they realised how often they misunderstood others
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 12:55

I know that Man U fans have a good gloat when Liverpool lose a game and vice versa, but I struggle to understand why that should extend to armchair fans like you and me, especially when it's a CL game against a foreign team who do not exactly play aesthetic football.

I get where Klopp is coming from. He's bewildered as to why a team with so much talent don't play in a more expansive, attacking style. Maybe because if they had gone toe to toe with Liverpool, Salah and Co would have destroyed them. I take my hat off to Simeone because he found a way to win, but I deplore these tactics which originated in Italy in the 60s and brought Inter to Champions Cups under the tutelage of their Argentine coach, Helenio Herrera. Curiously, Inter's only CL triumph came when Jose Mourinho, a disciple of Herrera, was their coach. Jose would certainly have approved of Simeone's tactics last night.

Klopp admits he's a sore loser and it's not hard to see why. Liverpool were superior in every analysis except the one that counts. It happens from time to time. An outstanding example was the 1999 CL final.....

If I watch Man U in Europe, I always want them to win, btw, although I admit I got over it fairly quickly if they lost when Jose was in charge. Spurs fans must be delighted with his progress at White Hart Lane so far............

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 14:12

Klopp is the worst loser going. He's actually worse than Jose sometimes with the excuses and utter crap he comes out with.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 14:43

Quote:

Andrew283, Thu 12 Mar 14:12

Klopp is the worst loser going. He's actually worse than Jose sometimes with the excuses and utter crap he comes out with.

I wonder which English team you follow, Andrew. How many guesses do I get?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 15:57

Thought Liverpool played well last night. A marked improvement from recent performances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net