DAFC.net
Home 07 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Hearts coming down
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:47

Hearts lose to St Mirren tonight, now 4 points behind,

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Hearts coming down
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 22:54

Was at the game. Hearts look clueless. Naismith the new Kenny Miller, end of his career and dragging teams down with him as it’s all the big show. He’s past it and The quicker Hearts realise this and try something different the better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:10

There won’t be a Championship to get demoted to, with football shutting down around us I have a real fear for clubs.
Unfortunately I can’t see how a business once Covid19 is passing in the public (most likely under 2 weeks) they can have there employees under threat of getting it, no work would.
Sad thing is, the financial situation is already so tight that I can’t see many club’s surviving in there current setup.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 11 Mar 23:30

Covid19 is media scaremongering life goes on and the same will be the case for football clubs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 00:02

Life isn't-going on! Games are getting ‘delayed’ people are being restricted. The debate on the level of restrictions is important on a word stage. Chris will keep us safe!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 01:27

Bet you're a right laugh at parties.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/save-the-bronze-bar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 06:11

I hope Chris has a good word for us then
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 06:31

There's no doubt that was a massive result for St Mirren, but I always feel that when relegation involves one of our bigger clubs, they usually find a way to wriggle out of it in a way that smaller clubs rarely do. Hearts are no strangers to relegation, of course.

If only they could play Therangers at Tynecastle every week.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 10:34

Just can't see them wriggling out of this one GG, looks like the hand writing is on the wall, (mene mene tekel, Daniel 5)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 11:56

I thought they were a great price @8/5 to beat a poor St Mirren side, needless to say I will be having a quieter days betting on Cheltenham today.😥😥

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 12:30

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 12 Mar 10:34

Just can't see them wriggling out of this one GG, looks like the hand writing is on the wall, (mene mene tekel, Daniel 5)

Don't you mean Simon and Garfunkel, Mr Nebuchadnezzar? 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 12:57

I have a strange feeling that the leagues won't finish this season. This could result in no relegation in any league, however there will be promotion and leagues will all end up with more teams. Perhaps I will have to stop drinking single malt.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 13:33

"Covid19 is media scaremongering life goes on and the same will be the case for football clubs"

Front runner candidate for daftest comment this season/year ?

Government talking about banning gatherings of more than 500 imminent.

Imagine the financial implications of no home game income over many weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 13:42

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 12 Mar 11:56

I thought they were a great price @8/5 to beat a poor St Mirren side, needless to say I will be having a quieter days betting on Cheltenham today.😥😥

Ditto.

Two massive wins against Rangers and likewise against Hibs then turn in that performance against a really poor St Mirren side, goal they lost was a shocker too going by brief highlights i saw

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 07:10

Topic Originator: eastendalloapar like | nolike
Date: Thu 12 Mar 12:57

I have a strange feeling that the leagues won't finish this season. This could result in no relegation in any league, however there will be promotion and leagues will all end up with more teams. Perhaps I will have to stop drinking single malt.

I'm fairly sure the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell (twice) have been the beneficiaries when relegation has been suspended for non footballing reasons in the past and there may be others I've forgotten, but Hearts could well be the first to be saved by a tiny virus......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 07:58

Aberdeen or Motherwell benefitted from Falkirk still being a Brockville.

Is it not only Aberdeen, Celtic and The Rangers who have never been relegated?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 08:05

Quote:

jake89, Fri 13 Mar 07:58

Aberdeen or Motherwell benefitted from Falkirk still being a Brockville.

Is it not only Aberdeen, Celtic and The Rangers who have never been relegated?

Yes, Jake, but Aberdeen did finish bottom and escaped on a technicality, I think (reconstruction?) and Oldco begged to be relegated in 2012 but fans of other clubs wouldn't have it. ☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 10:24

Will be interesting if its written off as what would happen to the 9 in a row and potential history making 10 next year?

Would they really say to Dundee utd you can't come up? Could understand if it was a smaller team like ayr at top of championship or if Hamilton or livi were planted at the bottom of spl

Post Edited (Fri 13 Mar 10:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 10:45

Ive never known, how would the play offs between ourself , Falkirk and Aberdeen been done?

Us v Falkirk and winner vs Dons?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:01

If the league does not finish this season there is a huge opportunity to restructure

Hearts would get to stay up and Dundee Utd and currently Inverness promoted into the top flight

Rovers and Falkirk into our league with no relegation

Sort out the other leagues and let two new teams in, Kelty plus 1 other?

Won’t be a better chance of getting it voted through ever???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:19

Restructure, 1970?
Let's deal firstly with the financial impact of clubs not receiving any income for (possibly) weeks on end. Our club lost close on £3/4 million last year and that was in normal circumstances. It's unsustainable and we've heard there's no lifeline from the footballing authorities.
I think there's a very good chance that some smaller clubs may go to the wall. Though, thinking about it, teams like Celtic must be having squeeky bums too with the size of their wage bill and the lack of paying punters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:23

bang on 1970. But do the power in their Hampden tower have the courage to make changes against the will of the 'big' 2.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:23

The Pars should have have been a beneficiary of non-relegation for non-footballing reasons in 2012. I don't know of any other precedents where an extra team was promoted, rather than one being 'saved' from relegation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:25

Clubs will need fans to help out financially. Perhaps a go fund me would be appropriate. Can't see us playing at home again this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:31

Getting the begging bowl out again shouldn't happen. The authorities should be subsidising clubs like ourselves that rely on gate money. It will be a riot if not.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:32

"Ive never known, how would the play offs between ourself , Falkirk and Aberdeen been done?

Us v Falkirk and winner vs Dons?"

I've got it in my head that it was going to be a round robin tourney? Probably totally wrong tho......

"The Pars should have have been a beneficiary of non-relegation for non-footballing reasons in 2012. I don't know of any other precedents where an extra team was promoted, rather than one being 'saved' from relegation."

That was, and still is a completely shocking decision. Altho, without it we may have not been able to get rid off Masterton.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 11:45

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 13 Mar 11:31

Getting the begging bowl out again shouldn't happen. The authorities should be subsidising clubs like ourselves that rely on gate money. It will be a riot if not.

What a load of bollocks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 13:25

I think the season is over, there won’t be another game played

As I said earlier this is a huge opportunity to restructure our domestic game for the benefit of all clubs and fans and indeed the National side, as there is no domestic game to worry about for the time being perhaps those who run football In our country can start the process of seeing how they can formulate an exciting new package to entice fans back to our beautiful game

There will be huge challenges facing clubs financially over the next few months as there will be for many thousands of businesses, I can’t see much if any help given out to football clubs by the government, I recon the likelihood is that we will need to come together as a fans group again to help keep our club afloat

The good thing from our perspective is that we know how to do this however there will be clubs out there who will need to find out the hard way that it’s not an easy task
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 13:36

We had a great opportunity to restructure the game eight years ago but they did all they could to change it as little as possible. Why would it be any different this time?

Also, I don't think there'll be any appetite to add yet another two clubs to the leagues and dilute income further.

~
The whole world's going home with blue plastic bags
Six bottles of Stella, Jacob's Creek and twenty fags
And you know there is no shame
Because we're all doing the same
Staying in is the new going out
No one's even coming round
~Malcolm Middleton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 14:08

I agree with everything in 1970par 's post.

Not only football, but all of society, is going to have to re-evaluate what is important and re-set the way we behave in future. There is an opportunity here and we should grasp it.

Whether we do so or not is of course doubtful, there will be a longing to get back to what we know, but IMO that would be a mistake. After WW2 there were huge attendances at matches as people relished being alive and national survival - the same could happen again.

But yes, I can see the buckets and collecting cans being dusted off! :(

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 16:59

"The authorities should be subsidising clubs like ourselves that rely on gate money. It will be a riot if not."

The government and authorities will have much more pressing priorities for financial support needs I suspect.

"After WW2 there were huge attendances at matches as people relished being alive and national survival - the same could happen again."

Not a £20 a head for second tier football it won't.

Post Edited (Fri 13 Mar 21:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 07:23

As I said on another thread, the season may have to be abandoned, in which case it is very likely to be declared void. i.e. like it never happened.

Can you imagine the party down Gorgie way? :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 08:57

Here's an idea, for what it's worth.

Bin the League Cup completely for 2020/21, likewise the peripheral so called "Mickey House" competitions which have disrupted league fixtures and extended the season into the summer, playing Saturdays and midweek to complete the final standings.

Tweak the Scottish Cup dates so they are later for next season and play it through into June 2021.

That would allow the league core competition for next season to be completed.

I think Derek McInnes is suggesting an extension to this season's league as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 10:01

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/radical-plan-14-team-top-flight-proposed-2450962

Exactly as I proposed earlier in this thread
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 10:14

If the league is expanded it should be 3 up from the lower league, 1 down from upper league and a play off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 10:27

The Scotsman must have read my solution to the problem. I mentioned it as soon as the 500 limit was spoken about.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 11:12

Part of the proposal is that the two 'extra' clubs will only last for one season and the overall total will revert to 42 clubs by introducing more relegation places next season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 13:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 15 Mar 11:12

Part of the proposal is that the two 'extra' clubs will only last for one season and the overall total will revert to 42 clubs by introducing more relegation places next season.

That may well garner enough votes to get through, imo, especially if this virus is around for several months rather than weeks, as some superoptimists would have us believe.

Btw, I've asked a few times but never got an answer, is it one member - one vote, in the all singing, all dancing, SPFL? We used to have an ever-so-slightly skewed arrangement where the top flight clubs had 4 votes each, while the rest had 1, meaning the majority could always be outvoted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 19:15

The thing is that most of the top flight clubs would want both Hearts and Dundee Utd in the same league so it would garner a lot of votes from the top league

St Mirren Hamilton Ross County and obviously Hearts would vote it in Celtic would probably want it The The Rangers might be against as Utd we’re in their eyes naughty towards them in the past, Aberdeen would vote it in Hibs obviously would vote it in only leaving Motherwell to be swayed

From our league Utd would vote it in as would Inverness. Dundee against, Pars for it as would Partick Alloa and QOS, Morton? Ayr?

I think that would just about give enough to get it through if the same pattern was followed down the leagues
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jwd1103  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 20:36

Celtic have , according to their accounts, £40m in the bank - they will survive this -every other club will have challenges...and then there is Sevco. (read their last published accounts)
Will the funds the SPFL don't have to help other clubs suddenly be found for them ??
If there is then non-Sevco fans should protest in the strongest possible terms ( not sure what you can say now to really show how you feel without fear of arrest)

I have complete faith in the SFA/SPFL to handle this in their usual biased ,corrupt, incompetent manner..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 23:11

To increase the size of the Premier needs 90% of the premier clubs to vote in favour = 11 out of 12. A 1 year expansion to 14 then back to 12 is most likely. The SPFL would then need to go to 44 clubs and there is some interest in moving to 4 leagues of 12 over 2/3 years. Restructuring also needs 75% of Championship clubs to vote for it and 75% of L1/2 clubs - L1/2 clubs are unlikely to back a plan that sees 2 clubs jettisoned after a season

Post Edited (Sun 15 Mar 23:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 06:58

Quote:

Parahandy, Sun 15 Mar 23:11

To increase the size of the Premier needs 90% of the premier clubs to vote in favour = 11 out of 12. A 1 year expansion to 14 then back to 12 is most likely. The SPFL would then need to go to 44 clubs and there is some interest in moving to 4 leagues of 12 over 2/3 years. Restructuring also needs 75% of Championship clubs to vote for it and 75% of L1/2 clubs - L1/2 clubs are unlikely to back a plan that sees 2 clubs jettisoned after a season

Assuming your post is 100% accurate, Parahandy, I'm intrigued as to how there are different parameters for restructuring the top flight to the leagues below it, given that it is all under the umbrella of the SPFL. Effectively, it appears that the Premiership is still different to the rest of Scottish football, (and not just because of the number of clubs in it) as it was when it was run as a distinct, separate entity.

I wonder if that would withstand a legal challenge?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 09:27

You would still need the 2x75% votes to restructure Premier as well but that is likely achievable. Quid pro quo from L1/2 though might be as an expansion to 48 teams within 2/3 years.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net