DAFC.net
Home 04 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 500 maximum crowd?
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 15:43

Nicola Sturgeon speaking on tv now saying no ‘mass gatherings’ of more than 500 people from next week. Will we have to turn up early to be one of the 500 to see the Morton game? Or will it go ahead behind closed doors I wonder. It’s a financial worry, especially with the powers that be already saying no extra funding is available to clubs.
[IP address logged]
 Re: 500 maximum crowd?
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 15:46

Grey area....she also said it was to take the strain off of emergency services....but our games are police free.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 15:58

We do have a club doctor at the match, plus first aiders.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:01

Could seriously damage almost every club in Scottish football. Every club needs crowds for finances to cover wages/costs etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:21

Does that 500 include season ticket holders?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:25

8000 will turn up trying to be one of the 500

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:29

"Could seriously damage almost every club in Scottish football."

Except Rangers. It's surely no coincidence that they're waiting to implement this after the OF game this weekend? Or is that me being cynical?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:30

Nicola can only recommend and ,with our last three matches having stewards,it should not affect us.

With the one billion windfall from the UK Budget yesterday,some compensation would be in order.

All the Maltese fixtures will be behind closed doors this weekend.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 16:53

BBC talking about it. It seems to be every game over 500. Nothing mentioned about policing, stewards etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:20

It’s only a recommendation and not a total ban let’s not get ahead of ourselves here

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:34

I've changed my gate v Morton to 500
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:34

Watching the news, football not stopped in England. Indeed Boris mentioned that our services were not resilient in Scotland and is why we in Scotland will be have a 500 limit. I got the feeling that he doesn't like our FM.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:36

What Nicola said in Holyrood was that the problem was not the gathering.Football matches,after all,are in the fresh air.

If it were; Schools,Colleges and Universities would be closed.

The concern was the resilience of the Emergency Services.

Our last three matches are controlled by Stewards not the Police.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:42

I don't see how the club can ignore the recommendations, for several reasons - not least because the number of season ticket holders exceedes 500.

Does the 500 include players, coaches, stewards and match officials etc ?

Presumably it does, so that reduces ST access as well, and how do you select those who can/cannot attend ?

It's a nightmare scenario from every perspective.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 17:58

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 12 Mar 17:36

What Nicola said in Holyrood was that the problem was not the gathering.Football matches,after all,are in the fresh air.

If it were; Schools,Colleges and Universities would be closed.

The concern was the resilience of the Emergency Services.

Our last three matches are controlled by Stewards not the Police.

Indeed, the report on bbc radio wasn’t clear about this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 18:12

I know that football as we know will stop, however the only person that we have that could be needed elsewhere is a doctor. We have no police in the ground abd only have a few stopping the traffic when we come out. Could we exit the ground without police, probably. The problem is that the games the FM will go to will be cup finals, not games like ours.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 18:23

A maximum of 500 on the basis of avoiding burden on emergency services seems completely illogical to me. While I quite understand not wanting to unnecessarily add work for those working in the NHS, that's completely irrelevant to most crowds that gather. I can see logic in cancelling mass participation events like big road races where there's a small chance of a number of people being hospitalised, but I just don't see why that also applies to crowds at football matches or political demonstrations. Yes, someone in a crowd might need occasionally need medical help, but it's unlikely they'll need more help than they would otherwise have done if they weren't in a crowd.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 18:43

If the worst comes to the worst,surely we would be allowed to watch our closed doors matches"live"on Pars TV?

During the week it was being accepted that matches could be streamed with esch Club deciding a realistic sum to view.

The normal rules would have to be relaxed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:05

I think the Pars TV idea is a good one, perhaps fans can pay with the money going to the club to counteract some of the financial deficit. I'm sure a profit margin will be known out of the cost of entry this could be the basis of payment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:31

The Gate for Morton was likely to be 1000 more than the number of Season Ticket holders.

That would be the basis for deciding the sum to be raised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:33

All of this presumes that clubs will be able to field teams.

Will players be allowed to take part if one or two team-mates test positive for Covid-19?

What happens if a visiting team doesn't want to play against those players, or use facilities in the stadium where the infected player(s) trained?

Might the Scottish PFA take an interest if clubs insist on putting their staff at risk?

I don't envy our administrators (including Ross) in trying to work their way through these and other questions. Whatever decisions they reach they'll be criticised, from inside and outside he sport.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:36

But Rangers v Celtic ! 500 aye right, approx 100000 fans At Ibrox over next few days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:41

Will the smaller clubs in division 2 have an increase of crowd possibly pushing their crowd to over 500.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:42

It should be to go with density not just a total number of people. Far more likely to catch something in a crowd of a couple of hundred in PJs than three and a half thousand rattling round East End.

Why should the number of folk in the main or Norrie make the North West more dangerous? Vice versa of course. At the very least count each stand/section separately. There's ways of divying up main and Norrie to make it work for our typical crowds and I don't think anyone we're playing will bring more than 500.

Alternatively, we could easily all sit with a couple of seats between us and the next person.

All that said, I think it's inevitable - just not for that flimsy, arbitrary reason.

~
The whole world's going home with blue plastic bags
Six bottles of Stella, Jacob's Creek and twenty fags
And you know there is no shame
Because we're all doing the same
Staying in is the new going out
No one's even coming round
~Malcolm Middleton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 19:47

Sports events won't be included, at least in the short term.

Far better having 3/4 thousand people in the fresh air at East End than potentially in pubs/restaurants/shopping centres etc. The recommendation is for event which have a medical/police presence, not to do with the spread, so we'll be fine.

Post Edited (Thu 12 Mar 19:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:15

It really is amazing how many people still have the “it’s only a wee flu” attitude and don’t seem to realise that the situation is changing by the day. Heads and full bodies in the sand because going to the fitba is the most important thing in the world

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:16

DBA football is included.

“Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon outlines plans for restricting mass gatherings of people, including football and rugby.”

From BBC news.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:17

The English Football Association is likely to ignore UEFA Regulation 48 and allow live streaming of football matches, on a Saturday afternoon,played behind closed doors.

That will not be allowed in pubs and clubs for obvious reasons.

The SFA should follow suit.The other European Football Assiciations have ignored the statute for years .

I have watched many an English game at 3pm in Malta on a Saturday afternoon.

And the SFA has been ignoring"Strict Liability" for many years.

UEFA argues that it protects attendances at lower League matches, though that is debatable.

Meanwhile, English clubs will be demanding compensation.As should ours.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:41

Quote:

DulochConvert, Thu 12 Mar 20:16

DBA football is included.

“Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon outlines plans for restricting mass gatherings of people, including football and rugby.”

From BBC news.

Yeah, they're planning for it, but it won't be any time soon IMO. Be very surprised unless there are major increases in cases.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:46

In all honesty when you hear the kind of stuff that very senior politicians and highly qualified boffins are telling us today, football is way down the list of things that concern me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 20:47

Am I the only person that thinks this is a lot of nonsense and blown way out of proportion?

The People should do the right thing: stay at home if they are not well, keep their hands washed more often and stay as hygienic as possible. That’s the best way you combat this, not panicking and stopping every day life.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:01

Breaking News on BBC Sportsound - Scottish Football to continue as is for time being......Football Authorities to meet with Scottish Government next week
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:10

Hopefully they will see sense and allow games to go ahead with an increase in stewards. When was the last time we had police inside EEP?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:20

I am convinced Lance Corporal Jones writes the News reports on the Miley Cyrus ,as kids keep calling it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:23

Imagine the outcry though if an ambulance came to East End to take an injured player to hospital when someone with the virus was waiting to be rushed to Intensive Care.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:33

With an urban population in excess of 100,000, intensive care should be at Queen Margaret Hospital not Victoria.

Though I take your point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:47

Netherlands have had a similar announcement today but less equivocal. All events involving over 100 people, ie including participants, being cancelled. All football at every level off until the end of the month (Feyenoord v Ajax was scheduled for next weekend).

~
~Malcolm Middleton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 21:57

So,will shopping centres be shut down ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 22:02

One would imagine Pharmacies and Supermarkets would be the last to close.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 22:04

Just tested it, I can get to the Co-Op and back in 15 minutes for 1/2 time pie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 22:14

Quote:

twin par, Thu 12 Mar 21:57

So,will shopping centres be shut down ?

I don't think so.

I should have said "events" (football, theatre, church services, conferences etc), that said big museums are being closed.

~
~Malcolm Middleton

Post Edited (Thu 12 Mar 22:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 23:11

They should play matches behind closed doors and allow clubs to broadcast games as PPV to try and recoup some money. This will hit clubs hard
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 23:12

In Italy, all shops except supermarkets and pharmacies are closed. Only 10 people at a time are allowed inside shops and even then they have to wear gloves.

You have to wonder what life will be like when we come out the other side of this.

Will going to football be like going through an airport?

September 11 changed how we lived in so many ways; will this pandemic change the way we live our lives even further?

It's a sobering thought that Pars fans might one day look back upon that dull 1-1 draw last week with Queen of the South as the last of the "good old days" at EEP...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 12 Mar 23:19

That's a very good point Oz, I fear that the Government will use this as an excuse to bring in some control measures in the UK. Will we see legislation to prevent public gatherings, curfews, perhaps rationing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 00:00

Wont effect the rovers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 07:06

Topic Originator: Socks like | nolike
Date: Thu 12 Mar 18:23

A maximum of 500 on the basis of avoiding burden on emergency services seems completely illogical to me. While I quite understand not wanting to unnecessarily add work for those working in the NHS, that's completely irrelevant to most crowds that gather. I can see logic in cancelling mass participation events like big road races where there's a small chance of a number of people being hospitalised, but I just don't see why that also applies to crowds at football matches or political demonstrations. Yes, someone in a crowd might need occasionally need medical help, but it's unlikely they'll need more help than they would otherwise have done if they weren't in a crowd.

500 is just an arbitrary number, plucked out of thin air. In Switzerland, I believe they went for 1000 and Netherlands have gone for 100 as their max crowd.

With all due to respect to those who base all their decisions and conclusions on probability, if you sit beside someone who has the virus for 90+ minutes, it is quite irrelevant whether you're in a crowd of 500, 5.000 or 50.000.

This virus will run its course, irrespective of what we do. Our behaviour will certainly determine how quickly it spreads and a fortunate few may even be able to avoid it altogether, but it's almost impossible to have no contact with the outside world for several months unless you lock yourself in your home, having stockpiled loads of soap, pasta, toilet rolls etc.

Oh wait a minute.......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 07:34

The watch it ppv suggestion is bizarre though - why would the players put themselves at risk too? It’s not just about crowds watching - it’s about everyone.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

This thread is closed 
© 2020 -- DAFC.net