DAFC.net
Home 07 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lifeline plea
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 13 Mar 22:51

Today’s news that the football season has been suspended until further notice is, clearly, hugely concerning. This is likely to be particularly worrying for our club as a fan owned organisation. With no income from gate money or hospitality income coming in it will clearly cause financial pressures for our club the longer this period of inactivity continues. This brings back into prime focus the need for Centenary Club Lifeline.

The Lifeline has played an important role in the club’s revival since the Administration in 2013. Since that time the Lifeline has amazingly provided the Pars with funding of over £1 million. Perhaps not surprisingly as the club returned to stability in recent years we have seen a steady trickle of members resignations from the Lifeline often for good reason but sometimes because members think their contributions are no longer required but this couldn’t be further from the truth.

It’s obviously early days yet in this current crisis, but it looks as if the Lifeline members may have to step up to the plate once again to help the club through this period of uncertainty. The Lifeline committee would be very grateful and, indeed, humbled if our fans could once again consider signing up to the Lifeline, if possible, or, if already an existing member, increase their contribution by taking out an extra membership.

You can apply to join online via the official DAFC website or, alternatively, e-mail lifeline@dafc.co.uk

It costs £20 per month.

There is no doubt that the current crisis does put our lives into perspective and, first and foremost, we would ask that all of our fans and their families keep safe and well, everything else is secondary.

Thanks for your support.

Lifeline Committee
13 March 2020

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lifeline plea
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 00:19

Will email in morning
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 05:17

Will the club shop be open as normal? I was in last match day & there was plenty of Pars strips, t-shirts, casual clothes, jackets, hats, books, and other things to buy. Lots of it on sale as well. Let’s get some panic buying going & clear the shelf’s & help out the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 06:12

Club shop open as usual at the moment

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 06:40

Excellent dave67 I will head along this morning.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 07:15

Salton, if I wish to double my contribution for the duration of this football ban, I can simply go to my bank and ask them to do so as it's a standing order. I think I'm right in saying the club cannot increase the monthly payment as they could if it was a direct debit?

My question is, do I have to add the name of another person, or can the total contribution be made in my name only and does this double my chances of winning in the monthly prize draws?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 07:26

Good idea KirklistinPar, remember the shop is only open 10 to 12 today as there was no home game scheduled. Fans can use the online ordering system to help clear the shelves of all the stock.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 08:24

How easy is it just to donate money.

Ie - To see the club through this difficult patch I’d like to donate £20 for every home game missed. That way they won’t miss out & I’d be paying it anyway?

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 08:52

Will the club be offering refunds to season ticket holders if the final 3 games don’t go ahead?

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:02

GG - standing orders can only be tweaked by the account holder, the payee has no authority to amend.

Direct debits can be changed by the recepient.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:21

I would be hugely disappointed if season ticket holders demanded refunds. I, for one, will certainly not be contemplating that type of action. The club will need our help to survive this crisis. I expect a statement from the Chairman very soon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:49

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 08:52

Will the club be offering refunds to season ticket holders if the final 3 games don’t go ahead?

How disappointing someone asked that on a thread about how serious this break could be to the future sustainability of the club. 😔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:54

Just exploring the possibilities. My guess is they would have to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:56

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 09:54

Not so sure. Don't think the T&C's will mention 18 games. Maybe just all home games?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 09:57

Didnt we just post a loss of over £700k up to May 19? Didnt our Directors pump in £300k of loans in last 12 months?

Last thing I want is a refund on my season ticket.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:08

But others may feel differently and this could further affect the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:10

There may be season ticket holders who are facing redundancy or a short period of no wages. There are big local employers who have said as much. It’s another obstacle the club may face.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:12

Why would anyone want a refund on their season ticket, tjhe reason they have one is because they love the club. .99.9% of people who have one will know the difficulty the club would face should people start asking for refunds on season tickets... People I am sure are looking to give more, not less (if they can of course)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:16

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 09:54

Do you want a refund?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:18

Might be worth tweaking the text on the lifeline page to highlight that you can do the whole setup via your banking app or digital banking. No need to call for most (all?) banks nowadays. Few clicks and you're done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:19

It would be selfish for anyone to demand a refund
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:21

I think the question regarding refunds should be asked, remember some people will be impacted by the pandemic financially also. These people should not be castigated for this.

I for one can currently afford to not ask for a refund and also input some money into the club and will do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:22

Nah I don’t want a refund.

I wouldn’t state it was selfish to ask for one though. A lot of individuals might be hit financially from this crisis and I wouldn’t judge anyone who looked for whatever solutions they could.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:26

The terms and conditions attaching to season tickets can be found on COWS under 'Tickets'. You'd need to be a lawyer to interpret their relevance to the present situation. One says the ticket covers the period to 31 May and there are also clauses relating to unfulfilled fixtures which suggest a refund might be due.

Let's hope the club and some fans don't get involved in a legal dispute over this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:32

Easily resolved by the club making an offer

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:32

Couple of strips ordered online. Easy way to support the Club. Be good to empty the shop over the coming weeks.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:43

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 14 Mar 10:19

Really!? Everyone's personal circumstances are different.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:50

Quote:

Not if they are self employed and/or on a low income and have bills to pay...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 10:52

I can see both sides of the coin here. I for one wouldnt ask for a refund on my remaining games left but I sure wouldn't grudge someone else who does purely for the fact they could be struggling themselves with work etc. Individuals who do ask for a refund will have there reasons not to be spiteful towards the club but to enhance there situation through this crisis. If I was left with the choice of save the team I support of feed my family I know my family wins hands down. Thankfully I'm not in that situation
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 11:16

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 10:32

Absolutely. In the current climate where they don't know where the next pound is coming from, plus don't know how long the break will be, they should definitely be drawing up plans to hand out cash (that's probably already been spent) to 'fans'. 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 11:27

Quote:

Selfish? Ridiculous.

Not all fans are devoted to the club and happy for them to keep their money, everyone has different circumstances

You’ve paid for a service and that’s not been fulfilled in full, so expectations of a refund/compensation isn’t an unfair ask.

Selfish, some folk would rather some money back so they can help with their own family rather than a football club.

I’d be expecting money back in any other situation but i wouldn’t take it, but that doesn’t mean everyone else has to follow that same principle.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 11:44

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 10:32

Dot.net at its finest. Let's offer a refund on season tickets before we even have a clue what's going on😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 11:59

True. If the season is deemed null and void they should probably offer a full refund. The games which have taken place will essentially become meaningless friendlies whereas most season ticket holders thought they were purchasing entry to competitive games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:01

I think season ticket holders should offer the club a tenner for each home game left . As thanks for not having to sit through any more dross this season !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:03

I have no clue how many season tickets we sold but if even 25% of 2000 people accepted an offer of say £50 for the 3 remaining home games that adds up to £25,000.

I'll just leave that there Andy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:03

If you booked a holiday and it got cancelled, would you demand a refund? Or would that be selfish as that’s what airlines and tour companies rely on that income to survive?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SteviePar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:06

In answer GG Riva's question on a second Lifeline membership:
>Can the total contribution be made in my name only
>and does this double my chances of winning in the monthly prize draws?

If you wish to double your chances of winning, you would apply in the normal way via the link on the club website. You can have multiple memberships using your own name if you wish.

If you wish to increase your payment, you can just modify the payment amount on your standing order, but this will not increase your chances of winning, and you will continue to have 3 entries per draw for Lifeline memberships (1 for Legacy).

If your membership has lapsed or you have previously cancelled, you can restart or recreate your standing order. Email lifeline@dafc.co.uk and we can reactivate your account and inform you of your member number if you need that.

Hope the helps and thanks for the support!

Steve
Centenary Club Lifeline Committee
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:07

Get yer selfs along to the club shop. Support your club & get yourself a wee gift. Picked up a jacket, jumper, goalie strip, ruck sack & scarf. A couple of early birthday presents bought & a few £££ in the clubs pockets.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:09

ONLY .NET could make an argument over refunding a few games left on a season ticket.. should shut the forum down till the football restarts honestly. Dread to think what arguments are going to be thrown up next.

Your right everyone will be effected, small business etc... All the directors who have put over 300k into the club would have every right to request the money back, and we are fighting over what £50 worth of games on a season ticket
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:09

“I have no clue how many season tickets we sold but if even 25% of 2000 people accepted an offer of say £50 for the 3 remaining home games that adds up to £25,000“

And if the club don’t make the offer, how many of those refused a refund will renew their tickets. Given that coronavirus is highly predicted to be seasonal then the smart thing going forward will be to pay at the gate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:14

Quote:

pars_andy, Sat 14 Mar 12:09

“I have no clue how many season tickets we sold but if even 25% of 2000 people accepted an offer of say £50 for the 3 remaining home games that adds up to £25,000“

And if the club don’t make the offer, how many of those refused a refund will renew their tickets. Given that coronavirus is highly predicted to be seasonal then the smart thing going forward will be to pay at the gate.

I wouldn't worry your wee head about it too much Andy. You might not have a team to support. Doesn't sound like you'd be that fussed though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:22

No matter the thread, there always seem to be some posters who see things as the supporters versus the club. It's depressing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:23

I’ve never owned a season ticket, regular supporter but can’t make all home games, so pay at the gate works for me. I’m planning to give the club the pennies I would have if the games would have played/id have attended in March/April, the most simple way is to take out another lifeline membership. I get that not everyone will be in this position, but this plea is to help secure the clubs financial position. We all know the journey our club’s been on, do whatever you can to help that and ensure we have a team to support once we’re in better times COYP

Post Edited (Sat 14 Mar 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:49

Season ticket terms and conditions end 31st of May 2020 although it does say for 18 league games. Be interesting to see how all this is managed. Could be league matches after 31/05/2020 are pay for entry only. If season restarts in August to accommodate the 2019/2020 games, clubs will also suffer from lost revenue from pre season friendlies, league cup format games and any European games that they may have qualified for, 2020/2021 season ticket sales may suffer low uptake. A right fixtures congestion may occur, many clubs may ask for fund raising, Raith Rovers had to do that a few seasons back as they had no income at gates during season for 2 months. Expect the 2020/2021 season to be extended. International games will also impact on the domestic front for some. Clubs will find it difficult dealing with contracts, the season runs out before fixtures complete.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:52

if we hadn't had to pay off AJ 5 months into a year deal we wouldn't be worrying.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/save-the-bronze-bar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 12:55

My son and I are season ticket holders, neither of us would expect to get any money back. Indeed I an a gold card holder and as such we were expecting to get hospitality at the Morton game as my son has purchased the Valencia game painting. Hopefully the exhibition will be available in the future. Do I expect to get the value of my hospitality back, my answer is no as I would rather the money went back to the club.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:00

If only we’d saved that money we spent on that Teqball table...........

Post Edited (Sat 14 Mar 13:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:02

;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:11

I'm a season ticket holder and if the remainder of season was stopped now then I'd be happy to allow the club to retain the money paid... but if a refund is due then the club should give season ticket holders a refund and allow those who wish, to donate that money to a lifeline fund (and no one should bear any ill will to anyone who doesn't wish to)

Although what I do think is that if games were held behind closed doors and streamed, i would grudge being forced to pay for the streaming, ie paying twice for the same thing (and again those who wish to donate that additional money would be free to do so).

For me it has to be a choice, i chose to go to the shop today and happily bought two tops and a t shirt, I'd choose to let the club retain the season ticket money but we can't assume every one is in the same financial or emotionally committed boat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:16

Quote:

Berry, Sat 14 Mar 13:00

If only we’d saved that money we spent on that Teqball table...........

You mean the money that fans spent I presume?

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:37

With an increasing likliehood of the remaining games being played behind closed doors and streamed,I suppose it would resolve the debate if those with a Season Ticket could watch free.

I would be stunned if many of our 2409 Season Ticket holders wanted a refund.

The chances are they would gladly pay Pars TV to help the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:38

Talking of Teqbal tables. I noticed one at Firhill on Tuesday night. It was in the concourse of the stand we were in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 13:50

Ok i will say on reflection that my comment wasn't very well put i should have put it differently i just feel that it would put the club in trouble i personally don't underatand how anyone could put the club in that position with that being said i take back my selfish comment and of course personal situations have to be respected at this time but i wouldn't personally want any money back
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 15:20

I doubt this season will be finished. I am fully expecting an announcement within the next week. I would expect the new season to start in September
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 15:42

I have a season ticket and I won’t be asking for any form of refund - I’m fortunate not to need to. As others have indicated though, the current crisis can, and will have a deleterious effect on the finances of many families. No one accepting any form of refund (should it come to it) should be subject to any criticism. We live in very uncertain times, and while the financial stability of my football club is close to my heart, there are more urgent considerations too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 15:47

Will we signing back up later.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 16:04

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 16:15

I have a season ticket. If I was anyway unable to go to a game I wouldn't ask for a refund for the game I've missed. I've paid upfront so I don't miss the entry fee each week and I certainly wouldn't ask or want a refund, and if there's a league next year I'll renew anyway. Worst case scenario the club can offer a discount to renew a ticket.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 17:13

I would be happy to make a one off payment to the club. I would understand and sympathise if some of our fans have the need to ask for a refund, but jobs everywhere will be lost during this crisis. Maybe now would be the time to launch a proper Lifeline which actually led to real fan ownership
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 18:22

The loss the club made and now this is not good at all.
Just bought some kit from the club shop and if our next home games are off then would hand in the cash that would have been spent anyway.
What I would say and reading some of the comments above is if people require refunds then the club is liable to give them back. It doesn’t matter what circumstances etc.
The club could make a quick buck by collecting all the bog roll from the toilets and selling it😅
No doubt a statement will come out in a bit explaining if x and y happens were in the ****.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 18:27

Some good deals in the club shop right now. Worth people taking a look.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 18:52

If everyone who had viewed this thread had given £1. The club would be close to £3000 better off. Let’s all get behind our club & give them the boost they need. With us having one of the biggest supports in the league we are well placed to make sure our club is one of the least effected.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 19:15

KP plus we only have 3 home games left, I think. Obviously we could have had play offs.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 19:48

Find it really weird seeing posts suggesting pre paid season tickets from nearly a year ago means present potential financial hardship.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 20:33

Quote:

SteviePar, Sat 14 Mar 12:06

In answer GG Riva's question on a second Lifeline membership:
>Can the total contribution be made in my name only
>and does this double my chances of winning in the monthly prize draws?

If you wish to double your chances of winning, you would apply in the normal way via the link on the club website. You can have multiple memberships using your own name if you wish.

If you wish to increase your payment, you can just modify the payment amount on your standing order, but this will not increase your chances of winning, and you will continue to have 3 entries per draw for Lifeline memberships (1 for Legacy).

If your membership has lapsed or you have previously cancelled, you can restart or recreate your standing order. Email lifeline@dafc.co.uk and we can reactivate your account and inform you of your member number if you need that.

Hope the helps and thanks for the support!

Steve

Cheers for that, Steve. I thought that what you have said might be the case but asked anyway, as that might help those who were thinking of increasing their support to decide how to play it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 21:14

I’m not trying to be an idiot here but if we are not told what the club needs to survive then what is the point?
Supporters could put thousands in and it still could not be near where the club needs to be?
We need a board statement soon tbh? They have put nearly 300k into the club to keep it going so I presume it will take a lot of money to keep it going?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 21:45

You dinnae half like a board statement EEP.

I am sure when the club has something to say they will say it or indeed ask the question of the club and see if you get a response.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 22:31

Quote:

EEP, Sat 14 Mar 21:14

I’m not trying to be an idiot here but if we are not told what the club needs to survive then what is the point?
Supporters could put thousands in and it still could not be near where the club needs to be?
We need a board statement soon tbh? They have put nearly 300k into the club to keep it going so I presume it will take a lot of money to keep it going?

Ah... I wondered when you would demand a statement from the board EEP. I'm only surprised that it's taken you this long 🤣
No offence intended... I'm just having a laugh with you.
Life is fair boring without the footie eh. Think I'll take up a weird hobby til this virus thing is over. Just to pass the time and aw that.
Any suggestions?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Mar 23:10

See Mr Widtink I never said anything that would have any meltdowns from the crop of people that come on here.
If you read my post it is not in anyway offensive and the board will at some point have to make a statement??
You asked ME for a pass time?....... I don’t want a black card tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 09:46

Quote:

EEP, Sat 14 Mar 21:14

As Ross said at the Sportsman’s Dinner last night, the Board don’t know any more than the supporters about what’s happening. Meetings involving clubs, football authorities and government will take place early next week.

How can the Board make a statement when they don’t know: if the season is suspended; if the season has ended; when next season might start etc.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 09:54

EEP would like a statement about not making a statement!😊😊😊
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 11:32

Malcolm Canmore is perfectly correct.

And the Club have just issued a statement -- which looks like it will be the first of a regular communication stream.

https://dafc.co.uk/news.php?c=News&sc=The%20Boardroom
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 11:49

Surely we don't need the board to tell us that this isn't good for our finances (or any clubs finances!).

Until there's clarity on the full impact surely it's logical to say to buy stuff from the club shop and sign up for the lifeline?

Hopefully some details can come out around making donations online to help the club cover their costs and support any refunds people need (there should be no shame in asking for a refund given some people will inevitably be facing redundancy or reduced pay/hours).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 16:18

Re. Possible refund, if the club do offer a refund, why not offer credit for the club shop, therefore, the money stays in the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 14:08

I emailed a few days ago, but no reply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 14:14

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 17 Mar 14:08

I emailed a few days ago, but no reply

You didn't hang around. What were you expecting them to say?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 14:22

Yes no problem here is our bank detail....

Smart Alec
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 16:05

To clarify i was emailing to take out a Lifeline membership
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 16:25

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 17 Mar 16:05

To clarify i was emailing to take out a Lifeline membership

I'm fairly sure the folk who run Lifeline are volunteers rather than club employees, RMG, so they won't always be available as they'll be working.

I'm sure you will get a reply really soon, if you haven't already.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 17:02

I had a response within an hour when I emailed - lifeline@dafc.co.uk. on Saturday when I was setting up an additional contribution.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 17:02

I’m really surprised you’ve not heard back from the Lifeline team, I messaged them on Saturday morning and had a reply within a couple of hours. I messaged via their Facebook page so maybe that’s worth a try?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 17:13

Yeah that is what I was thinking I will send a message via facebook
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 17:55

Rovers have set up a funding page, should we be looking to do something similar?

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 18:21

Hi RMGpar,

Apologies for the delay. We've replied now. As GG Riva pointed out, we're all volunteers and as you can imagine we have been quite busy dealing with various enquiries and new applications over the last few days.

If anyone else isn't sure how to join, the Lifeline application form is https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Centenary_Club_Lif%C2%A3line&ID=8648

Thanks again
Steve

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 18:49

Was not sure if it was the club shop that dealt with it! Thanks and signed up COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 17 Mar 19:39

More than happy to virtually pay into the last three games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 08:56

RMGpar wrote:

> Was not sure if it was the club shop that dealt with it!
> Thanks and signed up COYP

Yeah, saw your application come in RMGpar - thanks for all the support.

Steve
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 07:19

I would hope that the current situation will motivate people who can afford it to join or increase their Lifeline contribution for the duration of the crisis.

I'm aware that this will be out of the question for some fans who may have their hours cut or lose their jobs altogether, while it's easy for someone like me to make this appeal, since I receive a decent pension.

Perhaps Stevie or Salton can give us un update in a few week's time, to let us know if Lifeline income has gone up or down since the decision to suspend our football?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 07:35

“ I would hope that the current situation will motivate people who can afford it to join or increase their Lifeline contribution for the duration of the crisis.”

I’ve always thought that the club are limiting the income from the lifeline, by only having the one membership option, of £20 per month. I would guess that there are quite a few people who would be willing to pay more, but I’m not aware of this ever being encouraged.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 08:30

Quote:

par-91, Fri 20 Mar 07:35

“ I would hope that the current situation will motivate people who can afford it to join or increase their Lifeline contribution for the duration of the crisis.”

I’ve always thought that the club are limiting the income from the lifeline, by only having the one membership option, of £20 per month. I would guess that there are quite a few people who would be willing to pay more, but I’m not aware of this ever being encouraged.

There's nothing to stop people from tweaking their monthly donation to any amount north of £20, I'd imagine. I popped into my bank yesterday and it took about 2 mins.

Post Edited (Fri 20 Mar 08:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 09:17

Is it really as simple as that? If you want to increase your chances of winning in the draw I would imagine you would have to take out another membership.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 11:51

Yeah, exactly that wee eck. The system we use for the Lifeline draws determines whether you are eligible on the basis that your payment covers the *minimum* for your membership type e.g. £20 for Lifeline members.

As you point out though, if you wanted an increased chance of winning you’d need to apply for a second membership and set up a second standing order referencing the membership number of your second membership.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 12:27

Hi Guys, I have just sent an email. Sorry been side tracked with recent stuff on.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 13:37

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 20 Mar 09:17

Is it really as simple as that? If you want to increase your chances of winning in the draw I would imagine you would have to take out another membership.

It is, eck. I asked the very question you're posing further up this thread. I decided that I'm happy to have the same chance of winning as before and that it'll increase by about 0.1% the chance of another Pars fan winning instead.

Selfless to the last, eh? ☺

Eta - just noticed that Stevie was on the ball right away this morning and had already answered your query.

Post Edited (Fri 20 Mar 13:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 16:02

To avoid confusion I am not on the lifeline committee ,I just posted the original message from a Twitter message to get the ball rolling ,I case the guys didn't have the time,Pars fans once again looking after the club for future generations

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 19:17

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 20 Mar 16:02

To avoid confusion I am not on the lifeline committee ,I just posted the original message from a Twitter message to get the ball rolling ,I case the guys didn't have the time,Pars fans once again looking after the club for future generations

Apologies, Salton. My fault, confused myself first and then shared it around. ☹

Mind you, if you fancy joining, I can write you a glowing reference...... ☺

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 21:34

No apologies required ,all pars fans trying to do the right thing

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 7 Apr 08:08

It was so encouraging,back on 23rd March, to learn that the Centenary Club Lifeline already had 130 new or renewing members, with all that would entail for club income.

Do we now have a more up to date figure, a fortnight on?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net