DAFC.net
Home 07 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Paul Paton
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 15 Mar 22:31

Anyone see his Instagram post? It gave me absolute reason to worry.

He posted a photo of himself on the pitch with the caption “No matter what happens it’s been a pleasure to captain this club”.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Paul Paton
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 07:07

Was he only given a year? Might be thinking that the season isn't going to restart?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Craigston_Par  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 07:50

Yeah, I looked at it at first and thought the same, but I think he might be more saying that none of us really now what’s gonna happen with the rest of this season. And of course, if clubs struggle financially during this period, players may have to leave, not linking that to his post, but if anything I’d hope he’s just saying exactly what we’re all saying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 07:55

PP won't know any more than the rest of us what's going to happen. Players whose contracts are about to expire are in quite a precarious position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 08:41

My tip to the board is to offer players like Paul another year's contract. Obviously some may decline, but that offer may give them a bit of comfort and financial security.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roobz  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 09:45

Don't disagree with the principle Alloapar, but how are they supposed to pay for it? This could go on for months with no income.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 10:00

My reason for post isn’t that we might lose Paul Paton, it’s that we might lose them all. We can’t offer new contracts with no money coming in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 10:02

Where are we going to lose them all to? Other clubs are hardly likely to be queuing up to sign players just now, are they?

The players are in the same boat as the rest of the planet. On hold for a few months.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 10:56

Worth noting that quite a few players are on contracts to 31 May 2021.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 11:50

Remember the players don't get a full seasons salary in one go. They will be paid monthly some perhaps weekly.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 12:16

Of course they don't get the money in one lump sum, but if there is no income there won't be enough in the pot to pay a monthly salary bill. Realistically, with no get money for the next few weeks, DAFC, like most other similar size clubs, will struggle tp pay what they are already committed to, far less add more to the wage bill
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 12:18

Also note no operating costs....that will help.

We must have banked some from the Celtic cup tie, and with only 3 home games left (I think) we might be ok.....

Here's hoping.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 13:26

How do you mean no operating costs? Ok, there are no match day operating costs, but staff (playing and non-playing) still have to be paid, utility bills will still need to be paid, rates still have to be paid.....

We have no idea how long this could go on for - there might be an impact on season ticket sales for next year (normally income starts to come in from these in May)

I'm not saying it's a doomsday scenario but having made a loss of over £700k last season, (including a lucrative play-off game it would be naive in the extreme to think the Pars, or any other club are going to survive this without any concerns.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 14:05

We weren't in the play offs last season, it was the previous season. We don't get to keep all the gate money either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Mar 14:37

Apologies, you're right, it was the previous season. All merges into one as you get older!

Whilst you don't get to keep all the gate receipts, the Utd game that I was referring to was still lucrative, albeit not for last season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net