DAFC.net
Home 10 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Season to be finished by 30th June
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 10:44

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-spfl-clubs-finish-21709260

I think it's going to be tricky to get many games on by then if the current scenario is set to last months. Hopefully common sense prevails when managing the safety of players as they've been reasonably good at that so far.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Season to be finished by 30th June
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 11:41

Also worth noting that contracts in Scotland expire at the end of May. Going to be near impossible to finish the season in Scotland given that

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 11:44

That seems to assume players' contracts run to 30 June. I thought a lot expired on 31 May.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 11:46

That's assuming it's impossible to simply extend them by a month. I'd imagine that can be done relatively easily.

It's a big call for a player to refuse and walk out with the business end of the season still to play out. Some may do it, but it won't be much different to the current situation where a player knows in April that he's not being renewed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 11:58

It was reported that the FA and FIFA will allow short-term weekly deals so I'd imagine we would have something similar. At our level unless the players have a move elsewhere signed and sealed then it would probably be advisable for the players to sign it as the cash-flow situation probably means that transfer market will inevitably slow down with clubs having less disposable income.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 20:51

I doubt very much there will be any football played in the next 3 months.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 23:03

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 18 Mar 20:51

I doubt very much there will be any football played in the next 3 months.

I totally agree.

The infection cases and deaths will continue to double every few days through most of this period, maybe beyond. Do the sums - playing or watching football will be far from many people's minds.

This is just wishful thinking, kicking the can down the road until they have to either end this season or make another postponement.

It does seem as though the Scottish administrators recognise this, but why they have agreed to it is unclear to me.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 23:35

The question that springs to my mind is do they mean 'by hook or by crook' i.e. either games played or line drawn under it. Even once the UK (/Europe) is over the peak of infections i don't believe the number of cases will simply 'cliff-edge' and it'll be BAU again... fully expecting a slow ramp back to normality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 00:03

I read somewhere that the Rangers 2012 want their final league positions to be based on where they were after half of their league had been played. That's probably because recently they have been very poor.
One other thing if our league was stopped now and adjustments were to be made pro-rata, we would be 6th Arbroath being 5th. But more importantly Partick would finish 9th and QOS bottom.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net