DAFC.net
Home 07 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lap of Honour
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Wed 18 Mar 23:08

68 Cup Final memories.

Nice work. Good to have these memories documented like this.

Watched all the older video interviews done by the Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust religiously. There can never be too many interviews with former players from any era giving their thoughts from behind the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAb1U1qyK10
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lap of Honour
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 03:45

Thanks for posting Stoo...I have just watched the interviews and loved them. Brought back a lot of great memories of those times, with great players who talk so supportive of the club, especially my favourite player of all time Roy Barry. I still can't believe the team were not allowed a lap of honour and I can remember vividly how disappointed I was on the day when I was at Hampden not to see our heroes celebrating with the cup.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 09:58

"I still can't believe the team were not allowed a lap of honour"

That was down to a bunch of Rangers fans invading the Hampden pitch as they could not stomach a Celtic lap of honour after losing the 1965 League Cup Final.

There is a photo in the press archives somewhere of Tommy Gemmell "tackling" a Rangers fan from the vertical to horizontal position.

Might have been the other way around of course if Celtic had lost.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 19 Mar 09:59

Thanks Stoo - Brings back happy memories
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net