DAFC.net
Home 07 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Other Bright Ideas?
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 09:18

We all need to think outside the box regarding bringing income into Dunfermline Athletic at this time.

That was the reason for my thread on selling Hampden Park.

Of the ideas I have read so far,I like the ideas of saltonsgonagetu and Steviepar regarding more fans donating to the Lifeline.The suggestion of club memberships by Ozpar surely has merit.Raith Rovers and others have their fund raising page.

I must say I like the ideas emanating from Stenhousemuir FC.They are auctioning off the idea of actually playing for the team which starts at £500. If the fan was on the pitch for exactly five minutes they could hardly cause much harm.One English Club is having an auction to be the Manager in the dugout for five minutes.

Could there also be an effort to give a company naming rights to the ground for next season or,failing that,just one Stand?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Other Bright Ideas?
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 09:39

It’s going to be a big ask of fans to put their hands in their pockets again when many are facing problems with their personal financial fallout scenarios as a result of the ongoing crisis.

Not a criticism of ideas being punted, just reality setting in for many unfortunately.

For example a well known hotel up north has just released all staff and is probably indicative of many businesses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 09:44

I would imagine auctioning a chance to play for the team would be very popular but aren't there registration problems? Could you be a trialist in a pre-season friendly?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 11:27

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 20 Mar 09:18

We all need to think outside the box regarding bringing income into Dunfermline Athletic at this time.

That was the reason for my thread on selling Hampden Park.
I must say I like the ideas emanating from Stenhousemuir FC.They are auctioning off the idea of actually playing for the team which starts at £500. If the fan was on the pitch for exactly five minutes they could hardly cause much harm.

Is that what they were doing a few years ago when they were beating us 4-2 going into the last minute?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 11:36

wee eck: I did mean the person winning the auction would play in a closed doors Friendly.

Sorry.

The thought of a man in eg his eighties coming on for the last five minutes of a Premiership Play Off would have some drawbacks!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 11:43

That's a relief, SP. I don't think I could cope with the outrage on here if I missed a sitter in the last minute of a crucial game!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 11:50

I want to see David Laming no 57 on the park.

He never got his chance yet he was great on the counter!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 12:04

Yeah, he didn't put a foot wrong all season yet he wasn't offered a new contract. I really felt gutted for him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 13:34

Much could be explored for auction or sale now;
1) shadow the manager for a day.
2) take part in a first team training session.
3) gym session with the players.
4) pull pints in Legends on match day (handling cash avoided, only pull the pints as directed by a Barman).
5) team places for a 5 side walking game using EEP hosted by a player or past legend as manager/captain.
6) simply going for a training run with players as one off, nothing fast say for 5K. 5 X Laps of Pitreavie Playing Fields would suit this.
7) club owned memorabilia sale if more than one item exists.
8) Voucher books for food at the snack bars.
9) Stadium tours with afternoon tea.
10) pairs of match day seat in/by the dugout, every 2020/2021 league games at EEP.
11) match day seat in the small areas in front of the main stand, these could sold in packages so family and friends could take advantage.
12) Pre ordered Special edition strips or training top, limited to 500, sizes would need to be in batches. Opportunity to be framed and certified added in.
13) club donates all used 2019/2020 season training gear to Marv's emporium.
14) 100 each of whisky, gin & vodka special bottle edition with club crest as the theme. Get money first then order the goods.

Sure many more ideas could be explored.

Bluebell Polka

Post Edited (Fri 20 Mar 13:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 14:51

Some said David Laming sold the jerseys.......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 14:53

How long would any of us last in a first team training session?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 20 Mar 17:07

I am 62 and would be able to last a training session. Input is not slave labour LOL, fitness is personal at any age. Granted ball work is different, that is probably the doubt in a question.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net