DAFC.net
Home 07 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Today So Far At East End
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 14:32

Well, arrived as usual at 12:00 and popped into the Club Shop to buy my 3rd DAFC Truck for my train set.

Also, unsurprisingly, I get the mandatory hearty hand shake from Dave Lamming.

Back outside towards the Hospitality Suite and there is already a quiet buzz of anticipation in the air. At reception, apart from the line up of waiters and wairesses, is stalwart Jim Nelson. We joke for the umpteenth time about me not being able to use the Ticket Machine and after another hand shake he does the honours.

Then onto one of my DAFC's true all time hero's - Margaret Miller. We say hello and she reminds me of this weeks table number that I had already forgotten when Jim told me. The short walk passed the coat stands to the top of the stairs leading to the bar and Purvis Suite.

I find the first step always reflective as I pass by the chairlift for our wheelchair fans.

Then to my alloted table, a quick check that I do not have the table legs too close and the friendly face asks what will I have. The response is automatic "three pints of Star, please. Can you put it on the P*****k tab please" - Ah, the tradition!!

My mates arrive and we mull over the football from the previous meeting up, discuss todays match and order another round of drinks.

Hospitality is always interesting and sometimes rewarding. Chances to win the First Goal competition or a Stevie Crawford signed unique one-off bottle of Bowmore - always donated by Ron Spence of St. Michael Tippers. His employees come round to sell tickets. I have won twice (one bottle case also signed by Andy Gaggen and Faiz sits proudly at home for when I am house bound!!). I buy another ticket hoping again but knowing the gods are against me as much as the ref will be against the Pars later.

Other great bits of info I had not known include talks with past stars chatting to Big Jim who let slip once that he is the last Pars player to score the winning goal at Ibrox for the Pars against Rangers. Certainly news to me and noted for a Pub Quiz question.

No car today so a third round of Star.

14:30 - soak in the atmosphere.........

Spend so far around £45. Take mental note to settle up at Bar before heading off home later. More often than not though Margaret has to phone me on a Monday to collect the debt!!

To be continued......

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Today So Far At East End
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 15:01

What goal at Ibrox is this you talk of ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 15:17

Dont buy a £5 ticket for the whisky, you won’t win it!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 15:28

Mr 1970par,

Always so negative!!

Would there be any other way I could win today's whisky?

25 minutes in and starting to look forward to my half-time Stephen's Sausage Roll and Mini-Steak Pie.

Nothing much going on in today's match - neither team really seems to be getting started. Only real surprise is the Ref has given a fairly unbiased performance - but a long way to go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 16:54

And I still cant hear the winning 50/50 ticket announcement😀

I’m already missing missing it !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 21 Mar 17:01

Bet there are people smoking in the toilets
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 06:48

What was the Gate,please?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 07:36

What was the exhibition of paintings like?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 07:40

Got up in the middle of the night, as usual, to watch the game live on Pars TV.

I thought the game was a bit static, to be honest, but at the end of it all 0-0 seemed a fair result.

There was a very real sense that neither side bothered to turn up today, so we should consider ourselves pretty lucky that the results elsewhere meant we stay exactly where we were.

Roll on next Saturday...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 08:32

We did see one goal at each end.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 08:50

Missing the Bluebell Polka 😷
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 09:30

So It is Sunday morning and as Ozpar says whilst nothing gained at yesterdays match we did not fall behind.

Except we all know the Pars have lost planned income due to the match acually being off.

So,

I might have spent;

Getting to the game £9.00 (Petrol)
Shop £9.00
Programme & 50/50 Tickets £10.00
First Goal Draw £2.00 (I know I am cheap)
Bottle of Whisky £5.00 (St. Micheal Tipper's employees do not say no)
Drinks £10.00

Money I saved by not being at the match £45.00

I will pay this later today direct to the PST bank acount as I am old school and prefer to use the banking system and it saves a few pennies in fees. Youngsters like Mr 1970par will no doubt prefer to use the hipster JustGiving online page. The thing is either will do, it is the principal of giving what you feel you can that matters. Right here - right now (or later if later is possible)

Also, I will never ask the Club to return anything I have prepaid for so the money for attending the match (circa £15) and the small fee to see Jim and Margaret of £40 will stay in the Pars coffers.

Stay that is, until they need it to pay Margaret (and all the other non-playing staff), pay the players, pay the electric bill, pay to look after the ground and the pitch. And all the other things that will keep this wonderful Club alive.

Alive - so that when matches resume, the Mighty Pars are still there and I can moan and groan about - the players, the tactics, the ref, the opposition, the opposition fans, that it was lentil soup again and why does that drum have to bang so loudly!!

Together WE are the PARS.

BRIDGE the GAP

Support the Pars - whenever and wherever WE can - right NOW and on all the TOMORROWS when WE can.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 09:37

I hear Stevie Crawford was "disappointed ".

Though,in fairness, that might have been the lack of any audience on "Ant And Dec's Saturday Takeaway".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 09:38

Excellent thread,SK

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 10:08

Yes , fantastic post SK. I now await Socks expert analysis post match. I have no idea who Socks actually is however I do await his post match input particularly if I didn't attend the game.

Roll on next home match, maybe we will get all three points - who is it against?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 10:36

Socks’ measured post match analysis is in complete contrast to his in-game antics. The man loves a rant 😂

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Mar 11:05

Williams did not concede a goal again.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net