DAFC.net
Home 04 April 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The English Game
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 25 Mar 12:55

Anyone missing their football, have a look at this on Netflix, the game before money piled in!

Nice to see the Scots educating them, c'mon the Darwin!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The English Game
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 25 Mar 13:48

I binged on the series this week and it's not too bad at all. Shades of "Downton Abbey" and the old Hovis adverts, but I thought it was quite authentic in its general feel.

I liked the way it approached the issues of transfers and player payments by contrasting the situation with the top teams of the day who represented former pupils of the privileged public school network in England.

Another series that I enjoyed recently was "Succession", which is loosely modelled on the Murdoch media empire. Scots actor Brian Cox plays Logan Roy, who is the "Rupert" figure in the tale.

There's an amusing plotline where one of his sons decides to buy Hearts in an effort to curry favour with his Dad. Unfortunately, after he's bought the club, he discovers that his father has supported Hibs all his life...

:)
[IP address logged]
 Re: The English Game
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 25 Mar 14:00

Which was odd as he was meant to be a die hard Dundonian. Good show though.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net