DAFC.net
Home 11 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Seven Years Ago
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 26 Mar 16:31

On 26 March 2013, Dunfermline Athletic FC Ltd went into administration.

What are fans' worst or best memories of that time?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Seven Years Ago
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 26 Mar 16:44

Worst - Starks Park around that time, thinking Andy Geggans equaliser was the last Pars goal I'd see

Best - sitting in a Brewers Fayre in Dundee and getting a text to say Mastertons injunction had been thrown out and we were saved.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 26 Mar 16:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 07:34

Worst - would be just not knowing what the future would bring.

Best - every game felt like it could be the last, atmosphere, togetherness, emotion around the games was amazing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 12:55

Best: First game after admin was announced, away at Livingston. Drew 2-2 each, came from behidn after taking an early lead. Scenes when Hubby put in the equalising pen.

Worst - Getting relegated, felt it was so harsh on the players.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sun 29 Mar 13:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 26 Mar 16:44

Worst - Starks Park around that time, thinking Andy Geggans equaliser was the last Pars goal I'd see

Best - sitting in a Brewers Fayre in Dundee and getting a text to say Mastertons injunction had been thrown out and we were saved.

This, apart from the being in a brewers fayre in Dundee bit.........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 30 Mar 12:29

Worst -27 March , We were at home to Falkirk , midweek, bitterly cold and fewer than 3,000 in EEP. I had use of a hospitality box and I was asked if it would be OK if the Administrator shared the box, of course I said yes. But it was a heavy heavy presence , very pleasant though Brian Jackson is.
We lost 2-0 and I think that is the most empty I have ever felt after a game ( apart from the Clydebank game)

Best- when it became clear that those looking to save the club had come together to present a unified solution.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 31 Mar 15:29

Worst (there's a few) -

- Christmas Day and my normally quite optimistic uncle informing me of what he'd heard regarding the clubs finances and how down he looked. He was right unfortunately.
- The Dumbarton game where I think we may have lost 3-4 from a winning position. It was freezing and we felt that could be the last time at East End.
- The Pars United night at Carnegie Hall felt like going to a funeral.
- The away game at Starks. I remember drinking with a mate in his flat before going to the pub/train and we were in good spirits but both knew it could've been our last.
- The final few minutes at Thistle, 3-3 and the following Airdrie game. They were already champions, then our captain only a few months prior put them in front. We fought back and got a two goal lead before the ref decided to play a fortnight of extra time until they equalised. As we drove home we knew we had to beat already relegated Airdrie to stay up, piece of p*ss we all thought... The Airdrie game was awful. Couldn't score and knew the inevitable of playoffs were coming.

After that is wasn't too bad. I actually enjoyed being in the playoffs. That game at East End against Forfar was so unbelievably brilliant and outrageous. I shed a small tear in the stadium as were relegated to Alloa on the Sunday but I knew we'd be back.

Best -

- After admin the young team had some fight. The 2-2 draw at Livi, the 0-1 win at Cappielow was surreal as they were challenging Thistle for the title and only 2 years prior we were chasing for the same title and winning it at that ground. Humping Forfar 6-1 in the playoffs. The pub after the Alloa final, I was in SWE and the toun was rammed, everyone singing together, you'd have thought we'd won the league.
- Oddly I don't recall being told we'd been saved, although I do remember being on the train home from work on the Friday when the court hearing was, my mate and I refreshing our phones every 3 seconds to find out that his injunction had been flung out.

It's odd to think how well that season started. The Jet had built such an exciting team and we were playing some lovely football. I remember being at Firhill when they thumped us 5-1, a really classy performance and at that point there were rumblings of financial issues and their fans were giving it big licks. It was nice to return there on Scottish Cup duty a few weeks later and beat them 0-1.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net